Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte want Cousins

Charlotte want Cousins

image.jpg

I don't know, but iam sure it would have to include MKG and Henderson. Maybe Walker and A pick as well.

Please pass on the offer Kings. Going to destroy Cousins career if you send him to Charlotte. PLEASE NO!

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Diop, Biyombo and Henderson.
    HAHAHAHA if that happens I will literally walk away from this team, sell anything Kings related I have and pray the Maloofs go bankrupt, have to be homeless and get divorced.

LOL at someone suggesting it would be Tyreke, Cisco, Salmons and Cousins for Biyombo, Kemba, Ben Gordon and Tyrus Thomas

Lmao I havent herad a trade a like yet. Id take Kemba,MGK, and someone else for Cousins/Garcia.

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    Please pass on the offer Kings. Going to destroy Cousins career if you send him to Charlotte. PLEASE NO!
    Who cares about ruining Cousin's career? No offense, but he has been one pathetic asshole so if his career is ruined than its his own fault. His fate will be in his own hands, so its his duty to grow up no matter what team he is on. Plus he'd be an unrestricted free agent within two years so he could leave them then.

If the Bobcats gave up picks along with MGK and Biyombotombomaoaw and/or walker...I'd go for it. Then spend the money to give T-Rob pills to gain confidence so he can finally live up to his potential rather than playing like a little fat boy in dodgeball.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    Who cares about ruining Cousin's career? No offense, but he has been one pathetic asshole so if his career is ruined than its his own fault. His fate will be in his own hands, so its his duty to grow up no matter what team he is on. Plus he'd be an unrestricted free agent within two years so he could leave them then.

If the Bobcats gave up picks along with MGK and Biyombotombomaoaw and/or walker...I'd go for it. Then spend the money to give T-Rob pills to gain confidence so he can finally live up to his potential rather than playing like a little fat boy in dodgeball.
    I care. If it weren't for Cousins (lets say we drafted Ekpe Udoh, Aminu, Hayward, Ed Davis) our team is even worse then we are now. How can you expect him to grow up significantly on a team with zero veterans, terrible coaching, a GM who retired 5 years ago and Owners who are pocketing any money they can before they move.

2010 Class has been horrid. Wall is injured, Turner has been solid, Favors still waiting on, Johnson bust, Udoh bust, Monroe has played well, Aminu bust, Hayward up and down, Paul George is turning out great, but most of this class was pathetic. Do you really want to just say "screw you Cousins you have done nothing for us"

2010 Class has been horrid. Wall is injured, Turner has been solid, Favors still waiting on, Johnson bust, Udoh bust, Monroe has played well, Aminu bust, Hayward up and down, Paul George is turning out great, but most of this class was pathetic. Do you really want to just say "screw you Cousins you have done nothing for us"
    The average draft only has about 3 good players anyways, the rest are just rotation players.

Wall, Monroe are the good players so far, Turner or Favors or Paul George or Bledsoe will probably join them. Vazques and Sanders are good starting players that any team would take. Larry Sanders and Vasquez are playing well too. They're good enough at 1-2 things that they should be starters for several years.

And they might be like Lowry, who started off a few years into his career as a player that could do one thing, into his 3rd year, but by his 5th and 6th year, he grew as a player. Vazquez and Sanders are just now getting playing time, like Lowry, in their respective 3rd years.

Hayward would probably be better if he weren't on a team with a logjam at SF. DeMarre Carroll and Marvin Williams eat into his playing time. He needs consistent starting minutes to continue developing and becoming a consistent player, much the same way Batum has improved his consistency from a few years ago, to now. One can say that if Hayward were really that good, he would play big minutes over Carrol and Williams. But I do think that the coach is going to play all of his SFs no matter what, and I watch a lot of Utah. Sort of like how the Kings play Outlaw and Garcia minutes no matter what, rather than giving Robinson 90% of those minutes.

Hayward's PER is actually the same as last year, but he does appear less consistent, because of the increased logjam this year.

Remember, the average NBA career is only 4.7 years (I read that somewhere). So while some drafts you do have longer careers, this is one of those drafts where most players are under the 5 year mark to balance it out.

For Aminu, I think he's a PF, not a SF. He was misused the first few years. He won't be better than a rotation career, but he can be better as a PF.

Bledsoe has been playing great since the 2012 playoffs, putting up a 20 PER. I don't think he's a fulltime PG, but he does so much rebounding, steals, and fast break layups that he's productive.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    The average draft only has about 3 good players anyways, the rest are just rotation players.

Wall, Monroe are the good players so far, Turner or Favors or Paul George or Bledsoe will probably join them. Vazques and Sanders are good starting players that any team would take. Larry Sanders and Vasquez are playing well too. They're good enough at 1-2 things that they should be starters for several years.

And they might be like Lowry, who started off a few years into his career as a player that could do one thing, into his 3rd year, but by his 5th and 6th year, he grew as a player. Vazquez and Sanders are just now getting playing time, like Lowry, in their respective 3rd years.

Hayward would probably be better if he weren't on a team with a logjam at SF. DeMarre Carroll and Marvin Williams eat into his playing time. He needs consistent starting minutes to continue developing and becoming a consistent player, much the same way Batum has improved his consistency from a few years ago, to now. One can say that if Hayward were really that good, he would play big minutes over Carrol and Williams. But I do think that the coach is going to play all of his SFs no matter what, and I watch a lot of Utah. Sort of like how the Kings play Outlaw and Garcia minutes no matter what, rather than giving Robinson 90% of those minutes.

Hayward's PER is actually the same as last year, but he does appear less consistent, because of the increased logjam this year.

Remember, the average NBA career is only 4.7 years (I read that somewhere). So while some drafts you do have longer careers, this is one of those drafts where most players are under the 5 year mark to balance it out.

For Aminu, I think he's a PF, not a SF. He was misused the first few years. He won't be better than a rotation career, but he can be better as a PF.

Bledsoe has been playing great since the 2012 playoffs, putting up a 20 PER. I don't think he's a fulltime PG, but he does so much rebounding, steals, and fast break layups that he's productive.
    how many of them would you trade Cousins for

I care. If it weren't for Cousins (lets say we drafted Ekpe Udoh, Aminu, Hayward, Ed Davis) our team is even worse then we are now. How can you expect him to grow up significantly on a team with zero veterans,
    1. It's gotten to a point where X number of people have told him he needs to change, but he won't change until he really wants to. It's not like the organization has been giving him a pass. Several members of the organization have told him what he needs to do.

2. Bobby Jackson is as good as a vet as you'll find on a team. I'm sure he's tried too.

3. While he might not have had a remarkable career, the fact that Fredette, Thomas, Robinson, Greene, Thornton, and Terrence Williams have all praised Garcia's off-the-court leadership, and willingness to extend himself, means that off the court, Garcia probably tried to make an impact on his behavior too. (Such as in practices, etc.)

So there are positive influences here, even if none of them outside of Jackson or Abdur-Rahim were remarkable players.

Hence going back to # 1, where at least X number of people have tried to help him.

I also think going to a veteran team will be just as bad. If he were to go to SA or Boston, those teams will probably be in the lottery, if not a bottom playoffs team, within 2 years. What's going to happen then? There's going to be losing, relative to expectations, and pressure, too.

The Kings also could have drafted Monroe over Cousins, (or even Bledsoe), and gotten a productive player with less maintenance.

With that said, I've been pretty consistent in saying that I would take it until he was 27, and at that point I would give up.

how many of them would you trade Cousins for
    I think the better question is, if the Kings had drafted one of the others, would I be as happy?

Monroe for sure.

Wall for sure.

Bledsoe, I'll give you an answer after this year's playoffs. I like some things about him, but at other times, I'm trying to figure out how he would be best used as a starter. Not at PG, but could he still defend at SG? Stats say yes (he gets a lot of steals and rebounds), I'm not sure yet.

The question of how many of them I would trade Cousins for, brings a different aspect into it. I have a player, thus I'd rather stick with him for at least 6-7 years before trading him.

If Wall, Monroe, or Bledsoe had the incidents that Cousins had, I would have said the same thing. I prefer sticking with players until I'm sure it's time to move on, and I don't want to move on yet.

Injuries are a little different. If it's a guy like Oden, or Rich Harden, or Tinsley, or Curry, then I'd have a shorter tolerance (but probably still longer than some others). I was actually fine with Portland signing Oden to an expensive 5th year QO lat year, for example.

Hence, the way I see it, is that I have a good player, whether it's Cousins, Monroe, Wall, or possibly Bledsoe. Thus I try to make it work. No divorce after 3 years. I try to stick with them, whatever their issues are.

Unless they're a player that I say "I just don't like their game", or "I don't think he can be a good player at X position, and he can't play Y position either".

I care. If it weren't for Cousins (lets say we drafted Ekpe Udoh, Aminu, Hayward, Ed Davis) our team is even worse then we are now. How can you expect him to grow up significantly on a team with zero veterans, terrible coaching, a GM who retired 5 years ago and Owners who are pocketing any money they can before they move.
    No Cousins has not helped this team become better than what they would of been without him or other potential draft picks they could of had over him (they would of drafted Monroe who is a much better player atm). He doesn't help this team win when he is on the bench constantly from early foul trouble, or leading the league in technical fouls, or fighting with coaches or teammates, or demanding the ball and then doing something stupid with it, going into hero mode at the end of games only to fail 99% of the time, and he leads the league in being blocked.

Great talent means nothing when he hasn't learned to use it. He can be a great player, but its his fault that he isn't. Yes this franchise sucks, but Cousins has always had maturity issues. He has had committment issues. He has had issues with great college coaches. He had issues with the olympic team. He is hated by every ref in the league. He has not worked to develop more to his game in 3 years. He refuses help from coaching staff. So yes thats all on him. He can choose to be a man, but he chooses to be a spoiled baby. His life and choices are his own and not anyone else's fault.

No Cousins has not helped this team become better than what they would of been without him or other potential draft picks they could of had over him (they would of drafted Monroe who is a much better player atm). He doesn't help this team win when he is on the bench constantly from early foul trouble, or leading the league in technical fouls, or fighting with coaches or teammates, or demanding the ball and then doing something stupid with it, going into hero mode at the end of games only to fail 99% of the time, and he leads the league in being blocked.

Great talent means nothing when he hasn't learned to use it. He can be a great player, but its his fault that he isn't. Yes this franchise sucks, but Cousins has always had maturity issues. He has had committment issues. He has had issues with great college coaches. He had issues with the olympic team. He is hated by every ref in the league. He has not worked to develop more to his game in 3 years. He refuses help from coaching staff. So yes thats all on him. He can choose to be a man, but he chooses to be a spoiled baby. His life and choices are his own and not anyone else's fault.
    so you think we would have been better off with Udoh, Aminu, etc.

I will just say this obviously me and bloatedmaniac won't agree on this. If it weren't for Cousins we don't even sell 1/2 the tickets we do now and the team is gone

I am done debating this obviously we are going to disagree. If you are going to blame Cousins for everything I won't even attempt to argue with you

so you think we would have been better off with Udoh, Aminu, etc.
    Like I said...the Kings would of drafted Monroe. They were high on him, and had a few workout sessions. Jerry even said it came down to him and Cousins but they had hope that Cousins would right his ship and had the best chance to be a star.

Well when I look at it the situation comes down to what has Cousins done during his time here? The win/loss has been the same for four years. He has not become a leader. He has more iffy games than good games. He struggles against good teams especially those who have good bigs. He constantly commits fouls. He is always among the leaders in technicals. He gets blocked by everyone down low since he has not worked on developing post moves. Half of his rebounds are off his own misses. He is cancerous to the lockerroom as he fights with the entire coaching staff (including new and previous assistants including coachie), and players need to worry about fighting him if they don't pass him the ball. Not a great situation to be under, and Cousins is the negative factor there. King ticket sales have also been pretty baseline since before Cousins and after. Its spiked a bit due to the fear of the team leaving. Ideally you'd want a guy like Cousins to come into a positive culture with established veterans and a true coac. Unfortunately that isn't a reality that this team had, and will never until the Maloofs sell the team to someone who cares.

In fairness...I'm really down on Cousins because I do expect more. I wanted Cousins during the 2010 draft, despite all the red flags. He HAS/HAD more potential than anyone in the draft class to become a star including Wall. Every year its the same drama though. I want Cousins to succeed here. I think he is the only one on this roster capable of being a star. I don't want him to be traded or ditch us as a free agent and live up to his potential with someone else. I think that is entirely his choice on what he wants to be though. The coaching staff may suck donkey nuts, but he has to work on his own game and can't have excuses. A lot of players are in bad situations but the truely good ones learn to excel no matter what. As nura has stated, he plays the victim too much when things go bad on/off the court. Its always someone else's fault. Despite all that I said....I'd only trade Cousins for a great haul. If Detroit gave up Monroe/Drummond with picks and/or Knight I'd do it. I'd rape the Bobcats of picks and MKG. That would give the Kings stuff to build around with talent. I wouldn't just trade him to trade him even with his issues. Thats why I'm not making many Cousins hate posts as I do for Tyeke or Outlaw or Thornton. I'm a huge Cousins fan actually lol. I want him to have the chance to prove himself....I just want him to succeed in doing so and not become another Kings first rounder that never lived up to expectations here. My main concern...is that a few more incidents (which are highly likely) and he is guaranteed to leave and will destroy his trade value in the process.

Last edited by bloatedmaniac; 01-01-2013 at 01:17 PM.

Matt jump off the Cousins balls. he hasnt done anything to help this team like bloated even said. I dont think bloated meant its all Cousins fault cause ofcourse its the team but he doesnt help the team alot like he should. In fact hes been dissapointing this yr. His numbers are down compared to last yrs and his attitude problems are going up n up. Its to the point we have players telling him to shut up and play bball which isnt good for our locker room. Hes a straight cancer and its not the refs that not only dislike him its our team as well. I agree its all on him to go out and fulfill his path in the league but I careless if he achieves or fails cause he will no longer be on our team. Its not like he saved our team from moving and we owe him anything. In fact he shows he doesnt care about this team 1 bit so he needs to get the hell on out!!

(including new and previous assistants including coachie),
    Link?

Is Carrill still with the team btw?

He's always seemed like he coaches for a few years, then takes a year off, coaches again, then takes a break, etc.

So I am on his balls because I don't want his career to be ruined in Charlotte. Alright then