Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Lowry On the trade block.

Kyle Lowry On the trade block.

I should be prohibited from posting this since Thomas had a nice game against the celtics. But, Iam not a fan of smallish point guards starting. I do like Thomas, but more as a Bobby Jackson type.

I still feel Thomas has difficulty with bigger point guards.
    So, I felt compelled to post this.

According to Sam Smith, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Lowry in a trade package and keep Calderon since the team has played better with him on the floor. ESPNís Marc Stein also raised the same idea on his Weekend Dime column.

He was playing at an all star level before the injury. He's still young.

Tyreke?

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    I should be prohibited from posting this since Thomas had a nice game against the celtics. But, Iam not a fan of smallish point guards starting. I do like Thomas, but more as a Bobby Jackson type.

According to Sam Smith, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Lowry in a trade package and keep Calderon since the team has played better with him on the floor. ESPN’s Marc Stein also raised the same idea on his Weekend Dime column.

I was going to make a trade thread "Isaiah's trade value", and come up with suggestions, even after the Boston game.

But I couldn't think of any good trade ideas. Leonard would have been a close, but no.

So I didn't make the post.

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post

According to Sam Smith, the Raptors supposedly would like to put Lowry in a trade package and keep Calderon since the team has played better with him on the floor. ESPNís Marc Stein also raised the same idea on his Weekend Dime column.

I wanted Lowry bad this offseason. The opportunity was there as the Kings were talking to the Rockets a lot. I was down for an Evans - Lowry swap. Lowry has been dealing with injuries so his real trade value isn't that high, so I'd like the Kings just about anything for him short of Cousins/T-Rob. The Kings need an upgrade at the point, and Lowry can have a big impact. He is a bulldog on the court. I like Isaiah, but he isn't what he was last year. He has had some big games recently...but its all from him scoring on his own. He doesn't involve teammates nor does he look to do so. Jimmer sets him up more than vice versa. Its like having two Aaron Brooks on the team.

True Lowry has been often hurt but in his recent return and play hes been good. He makes 5,700,000 a year so it would take more than IT. No one would want Outlaw, Salmons though playing good as of late is unlikly as well. Garcia's expiring? Anyways the Kings need to see what a bonafide PG would bring to the table. With Salmons and JJ picking it up SF is less a concern then PG. This team is 1 good PG short of being a good team providing they all play team first ball. Dont fuc it up Petrie, make something happen.

Just watched a clip of IT going after Charlie V. after he was fouled hard. Gota love IT, Charlie has a foot and a half on him. Brooks on the other hand turns it over just as Kings poised to take the lead late in game. To be fair IT actually had a couple TO's himself, still from what I see IT brings a mentality to this team that it needs bad. Jimmer played well, scored anyways not much in the assist category, in limited mins late in the game. Credit to jimmer for uping his game, I actually like having him as a backup shooter. We need a PG like Lowry and IT as a spark off the bench. Tyreke and Cousins I hope can work it out as Kings, unless the Maloofs make a play outa town in which case who cares. they are both potentially too good and I know I will be hanging my head as they pull their acts together elsewhere. I know I'm rambling but this brings me to what other value we have that might land a PG like Lowry. Directly depending on Toronto's needs or perhaps via a multi team trade, perhaps MT. Hes a spark but not the defensive spark or facilitator we need.

If hes so much like a 2nd Aaron Brooks then get rid of AAron brooks for Lowry. Id rather have IT than AB any day of the week. Ab isnt on our bench rooting for guys its IT. It wasnt AB calling guys to practice during the hold out or summer or w/e it was IT. IT needs to stay here and if hes not that shows u the direction of this team!

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Ab isnt on our bench rooting for guys its IT.
    They both cheer from the bench.

Id rather have IT than AB any day of the week.
    They both only done one thing, score.

IT needs to stay here and if hes not that shows u the direction of this team!
    The Kings need a better PG. One that can make plays for others, and defend. Thomas is a fine backup.

The Kings need a SF and a big that rebounds and plays defense more than a trigger happy guard. No more guards!

I was looking at the highlights of Raptors and Blazers. Raptors won by 23.

Crazy stat: Calderon and Lowry 22 assists and no points.

I would happily trade Tyreke and Thomas or Brooks for Lowry and Valanciunas

I'd probably move Reke for Lowry and something else of solid value. Don't trust Reke going forward.

jimmerjimmerjimmerjimmer SactoIV's Avatar
    I would do Lowry for Tyreke straight-up.

EDIT: actually, it would have to be expanded and/or a three-team trade to unclog the PG logjam.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    I'd probably move Reke for Lowry and something else of solid value. Don't trust Reke going forward.
    Sign me up. I'm sure the Kings could dump Brooks on another team pretty easy. Would be nice if Tyreke would play so he wouldn't look like damaged goods. Doctors all clear him to play, but he doesn't clear himself until he is 150%.

Then ideally the team would make Thornton available to be the next lamb to be slaughtered. Him and his trigger happy ways doesn't help this team most nights.

I don't know if Lowry is really available. Having two PGs is a valuable weapon. Like Kidd/Terry, Bibby/Jackson, Paul/Bledsoe, etc.

Toronto is playing well right now. Why break that up? Unless they got a center, they don't need anything else in their lineup. They need to see what this team can do when healthy, and with Davis starting.

They have a good SF (DeRozan), PGs (Lowry, Calderon), emerging big (Davis), bench big (Amir Johnson). Add a center and one more bench player, and you've got a good team.

Plus other teams have had two PGs before and made it work.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    I don't know if Lowry is really available. Having two PGs is a valuable weapon. Like Kidd/Terry, Bibby/Jackson, Paul/Bledsoe, etc.

Toronto is playing well right now. Why break that up? Unless they got a center, they don't need anything else in their lineup. They need to see what this team can do when healthy, and with Davis starting.

They have a good SF (DeRozan), PGs (Lowry, Calderon), emerging big (Davis), bench big (Amir Johnson). Add a center and one more bench player, and you've got a good team.

Plus other teams have had two PGs before and made it work.
    True, but they have been talking about moving one of the two since the start of the season but haven't been able to due to injuries. The problem with making it work, as both want to start and don't like taking a backseat. There was a controversy (minor) in Houston over the whole Lowry/Dragic thing. Calderon started complaining when they got Lowry. They signed John Lucas also as they anticipated a deal happening eventually. Since they do have holes on the roster, if Lowry can fill one then it would be worthwhile for them to try especially if bickering starts to occur since he is healthy once again.

Hell give them Brooks and Evans! Evans fills their SG spot, and Brooks give them a credible/willing backup PG!

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    True, but they have been talking about moving one of the two since the start of the season but haven't been able to due to injuries. The problem with making it work, as both want to start and don't like taking a backseat. There was a controversy (minor) in Houston over the whole Lowry/Dragic thing. Calderon started complaining when they got Lowry. They signed John Lucas also as they anticipated a deal happening eventually. Since they do have holes on the roster, if Lowry can fill one then it would be worthwhile for them to try especially if bickering starts to occur since he is healthy once again.

Hell give them Brooks and Evans! Evans fills their SG spot, and Brooks give them a credible/willing backup PG!
    Their starting lineup is way different from game 1 until now:

Game 1:

A. BargnaniD. DeRozanL. FieldsK. LowryJ. Valanciunas

Game 32:

J. CalderonE. DavisD. DeRozanA. GrayM. Pietrus

Only one guy is the same.

This new lineup has only been together for 10 games, and they're 8-2. I would see what they can do for 40 games first, before making a move, if I were them.

Pietrus and Fields are fine at SG, they don't need Evans. They also have McGuire, who's been good everywhere he's been with his rebounding and defense. They have a platoon of 3 decent swingmen to work with.

And they don't need to downgrade a PG by getting the Hall Of Famer.

Calderon and Lowry will be fine now that they're winning.

Their starting lineup is way different from game 1 until now:

Game 1:

A. BargnaniD. DeRozanL. FieldsK. LowryJ. Valanciunas

Game 32:

J. CalderonE. DavisD. DeRozanA. GrayM. Pietrus

Only one guy is the same.

This new lineup has only been together for 10 games, and they're 8-2. I would see what they can do for 40 games first, before making a move, if I were them.

Pietrus and Fields are fine at SG, they don't need Evans. They also have McGuire, who's been good everywhere he's been with his rebounding and defense. They have a platoon of 3 decent swingmen to work with.

And they don't need to downgrade a PG by getting the Hall Of Famer.

Calderon and Lowry will be fine now that they're winning.
    They actually waived McGuire recently.

I wouldn't expect the Raptors to make any sort of move while they are hot, and they may just wait until the offseason to make a move to see how everything plays out. Eventually their streak will fade though, and the Kings could always dangle the offer in front of them to see if they bite. Their SG position isn't very comfortable. Pietrus is just a rental who at times looks like he is 40...not 30. He isn't a guy you want to start anymore and has been losing time to rookie Terrance Ross of late (Pietrus starts but plays low minutes). Fields likewise is a very average player who is quite overpaid ($14M over the next two seasons). He got hyped up from his two big months with the Knicks as a rookie but his overall game looked worse ever since (not including his injury plagued season). Evans would instantly be a starter for them and still is quite young which might tempt a Raptor team looking to get something marquee to help their rebounding process. Personally I don't know if he'd mesh well with Derozan, but the Raptors have made as many bad deals as the Kings have so they can add one more to their list.

Last edited by bloatedmaniac; 01-03-2013 at 10:58 PM.

Dude, go get McGuire!

Play him over Outlaw! Play him over Garcia!

He can do things like this:

EDIT: Fuck, he's on New Orleans now. He only cost the minimum too.

0 points, 15 rebounds:

0 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists:

2012-04-14

2 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists:

2012-03-19

8 points, 17 rebounds:

2010-12-17

Dude, go get McGuire!

Play him over Outlaw! Play him over Garcia!

He can do things like this:

EDIT: Fuck, he's on New Orleans now. He only cost the minimum too.

0 points, 15 rebounds:

0 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists:

2012-04-14

2 points, 9 rebounds, 4 assists:

2012-03-19

8 points, 17 rebounds:

2010-12-17
    I remember when he was a King for a few weeks! Good times! He is a nice guy to have at the end of the bench though, will play hard and try to make things happen in a positive way without any drama. Times like this make me hate Outlaw even more.