Thread: Life Beyond Petrie

Life Beyond Petrie

So needless to say I'm not a fan of Petrie...I think he has really dropped the bomb on this team with a lot of help from the Maloofs. I don't feel confident with him at the helm, nor continuing to work with the rebuilding process.

With that said, he will be parting ways at the end of the season. He wants to retire and the Maloofs want him gone. Now the problem is...and why I'm even more concerned about his departure is the fact of who will replace him. The Maloofs are operating this team with food stamps, and to make matters worse they seem to be butting into the affairs of the front office. They've fired Adelman, they've dictated the hiring of replacement coaches, they've stated preference in draft choices and trades. They obviously don't have a good mind for basketball either and it shows. Now is anyone else concerned that they may simply hire a dirt cheap GM that they can control in order to make moves that THEY personally want? I can easily see them doing that thinking that they know better so they won't need to butt heads when they want something done. That would be the nail in this team's coffin.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    So needless to say I'm not a fan of Petrie...I think he has really dropped the bomb on this team with a lot of help from the Maloofs. I don't feel confident with him at the helm, nor continuing to work with the rebuilding process.

With that said, he will be parting ways at the end of the season. He wants to retire and the Maloofs want him gone. Now the problem is...and why I'm even more concerned about his departure is the fact of who will replace him. The Maloofs are operating this team with food stamps, and to make matters worse they seem to be butting into the affairs of the front office. They've fired Adelman, they've dictated the hiring of replacement coaches, they've stated preference in draft choices and trades. They obviously don't have a good mind for basketball either and it shows. Now is anyone else concerned that they may simply hire a dirt cheap GM that they can control in order to make moves that THEY personally want? I can easily see them doing that thinking that they know better so they won't need to butt heads when they want something done. That would be the nail in this team's coffin.
    * Technicality: They didn't fire Adelman. They let him become a FA in 2006 and chose not to resign him.

* I wouldn't be concerned that they hire someone they can control. I'd be concerned whether they hired someone competent. They could always hire someone bad, and let him make bad moves.

IMO, there's only 5-6 good GMs in the league anyways, so there's a lot of bad ones.

* Haven't you seen horror movies? The dead always rise from the grave. There are no nails that can keep them down.

Anyways, here's a Sam Amick interview on this topic. I heard it yesterday, was going to make a thread about it but was distracted by the Kings game.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013/...arcus-cousins/

Senior Member richmondreggie108's Avatar
    we should try to coax Kerr into accepting the job lol, i liked what he did for the suns even if it wasn't all that much, and i feel like he is a really honest person.

Last edited by richmondreggie108; 01-04-2013 at 09:49 AM.

Shame is - some respected GM would probably like this job in a normal circumstance given the base you have in Cousins and/or Evans, but with the Maloofs, nobody that has any type of leverage is going to take the job.

I may drop out of college and interview for the job. Will tell the Maloofs everything they want to hear in the interview, then start using mind control games. They have very small brains especially when it comes to basketball, would be fun to manipulate him

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Magoofs will not pay for a quality GM. Raheem will probably get the gig.

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Magoofs will not pay for a quality GM. Raheem will probably get the gig.
    Amick thinks it will be someone from outside the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Amick thinks it will be someone from outside the organization.
    So they will sign Aresenio Hall to be the new GM.

I wonder if Oscar Robertson would have any interest.

He has no experience, but I think most GMs suck anyways, and it would be nice to get someone related to the franchise to turn things around.

would he....could he be worse than Petrie?

Glad to hear hes going to reitre! Wat a hard job to retire from, SIKE!! Petrie is a moron and cant wait for him to be gone. I think with bringing someone on the outside is way better than giving someone a promotion on the inside. Most of the time u never see the problem when ur on the inside, u learnto cope with it and get blinded. Just like us on the outside we all have a better idea of how to run this team. We need someone honestly who thinks were a joke. That way they come in and be like ohh hes gone. him too. Lets bring in Gay or him. Next thing u know this gm is going for gm of the yr. I dont think thats to hard to get with this team. Since we have been in the bottom of the league for numerous yrs now if we hire a gm hes gonna make moves. Its like when u 1st get a job u bust ur ass off. Thats wat I expect with a new gm plus if hes a nobody hes gonna try to make a name for himself. If and I mean if he makes moves and they turn out decent, we can make playoffs maybe, if that happens he just made gm of the yr probably due to him moving 2-3 pieces cause we have sucked so bad the following yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Glad to hear hes going to reitre! Wat a hard job to retire from, SIKE!!
    LOL. I remember when SIKE was first used in the early 90s.