Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kings - Raptors Game Thread 1.4.2013

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    I don't know what sparked in DeMarcus Cousins (maybe my message to him on "Three for the Win"( but I love it
    It was me.

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    Robinson actually showed some aggression
    Is this the dunk he made? I heard about it on the radio. I was going to start a thread, just to announce that he dunked.

Wish I could have seen the game. Especially with such a big win. I'm used to big losses. Or wins that should have been big, but turned into unfortunate messy close games.

How was the defense?

Was excellent in the second half(particularly in the third). I should have known Shrek would exploit the Frontcourt advantage. The defense was the best I have seen all year in the third quarter.
    Kings went on a 20-0 run.
    Quite impressive. The difference was Cousins. He came out and did whatever he wanted. The only negative was Jimmer. He was just awful. Could not handle the backcourt of the Raptors.

31 and 20?

Have a plan, don't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Jimmer has big problems with fast guards. Just looked bad tonite. Jimmer has a long way to go to being a consistent guard in this league. His offense has improved, but his defense is just horrid.
    I said three years?

Have a plan, don't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by DCKingsFan View Post
    I said three years?
    When are you going to post during a live game thread?

Quote Originally Posted by DCKingsFan View Post
    31 and 20?
    31 laughs and 20 high-fives.

How was Cousins defense on Ed Davis and the guards?

Ok, watching the game now.

I would stream it to PackfanMatt_12, but he's either doing a NFL playoffs write-up, or getting his Packers cheesehead dry cleaned.

IowaSacKing93, what the F is this? There has been live play for 10 seconds, and the DJ at the Air Canada Centre has been playing some music with a piano beat and horns.

Quote Originally Posted by puffdaniel09 View Post
    DeMarcus Cousins having a really nice game thus far. He just got a technical for breathing? I'm not sure what he did but he got a technical.
    I agree, an mysterious technical.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    IowaSacKing93, what the F is this? There has been live play for 10 seconds, and the DJ at the Air Canada Centre has been playing some music with a piano beat and horns.
    At this same moment, Grant just said "do we have a concert at this arena or what?

Turn the music off, please."

Through 8:56 in the 2nd, this has not been a good game. Turnovers, bad fouls. The offense looks like a mess. The first 4 minutes of the game were good, but after that, it was not good.

I was not impressed for most of this game. First half, the offense looked random. Kings were committing bad fouls.

3rd quarter, the Kings went on a run, but it was more because the Raptors didn't know how to play offense. They just looked sloppy and confused.

4th quarter was the only time I thought the Kings were playing some defense, which created the Kings offense.

Overall, these offensive sets were not good.

I thought the Boston win was more of a complete win by the team, at both ends of the floor.

I watched the Utah-Phoenix game today, and while both teams are likely lottery teams, their offensive sets are so much better. They're quicker and more decisive. Both teams.

The Kings were just playing an opponent who looked like they were playing in outer space for most of the game.

In the Boston game, the Kings beat a team who looked like they at least knew how to play basketball, and were trying. Today, it looked like the Kings were playing a team that had just been thrown together, except for the 4th, where I did think the Kings defense was legitimate.

When the Kings do something good, it feels like just a bunch of random good plays, rather than teamwork. At least today.

If this had been more of a teamwide win, the Kings would have won by 30-40, for example. When one player is playing like this, you should win by a lot more, unless you're facing a similar star on the other end, in which case it's a close, well-played game.

Toronto also went 25-37 from the foul line, another sign of their poor play, not so much the Kings making them play poorly.

Well they started out with Aaron Gray on Cuz, which was hilarious. Gray actually looked scared out there. 5 minutes later he gets pulled for Amir Johnson who does his best to manup, but is getting into foul trouble quick. Fouled out in 10 minutes work. Casey put Ed Davis on him, but that wasn't working either. Overall Cousins numbers were a little exaggerated, due to the total lack of a Frontcourt by the Raptors. Defensively, Cousins played a nice game.

Yes, the third quarter by Toronto was hideous. Missed layups, Missed wide open threes, clock shot violations, and a lot of standing around. Part of it was Sac being very aggressive on D.
    It was a good win and it was on the road. Tonight, should be a better gauge of how much we have improved. The Nets have a solid Frontcourt with Blatche. Humphries, and Lopez. Our bigs were able to come out and do a solid job on Toronto's guards because they didn't have to worry about the Frontcourt too much. Tonight will be different. The Nets are more balanced and obviously more talented.