Thread: Defensive +/- article.

Defensive +/- article.

No Kings are mentioned, but decent read.

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...=iref:nbahpt6e

That's a hard stat to gauge I think - seems like it has a lot more to do with a unit/team than individual play.

For example, Chuck Hayes is +5.7 but Marcus Thornton is a -7.1

I tend to use it with Roland Rating. Roland Rating combined individual production with +/-.

http://www.82games.com/1213/1213SAC.HTM

82games.com also used to have player pairs, as in combined +/- for two players for every team. For example, Thomas +/- when on the court with Fredette, when on the court with Cousins, etc.

But Mark Cuban hired the guy that had that stat, so it hasn't been available on 82games.com anymore the past 4-6 years.

It was a nice way of looking at which two players, when on the court, did the Kings outscore the others the most.

82games.com also have 5-man units, but sometimes I think how they account for the minutes in a 5-man unit is a little weird. They also seem to under-minute every lineup. As in, I think every lineup has been together for more minutes then their tool says so.

Dudley and Walker, both future Kings. Our defense would be stifling. If you like to watch good defense that is.

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Dudley and Walker, both future Kings. Our defense would be stifling. If you like to watch good defense that is.
    I do. That's one thing I like about the playoffs, is that almost every team is at least solid defensively.

I liked the Boston-Philly series last year, for example.