Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Kings sold to Seattle?

LET'S MAKE THE KIGNS THE FIRST TEAM OWNED BY THEIR FANS (AND BUSINESS OWNERS, A FEW RICH GUYS)

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

largesteven
    Source: Seattle groups offer was rejected by Maloofs. Hmmm. Plot thickening by the minute.

If the sale were to go through here is how much the deal would be for.

sale of the kings: 500 million
    loan to Sacramento: 80 million
    loan to the NBA: 100 million
    relocation fee: 100 million

That's almost 800 million dollars. That's insane.

Jesus, Six Flags is jealous of the Maloof rollercoaster.

Fun (sarcasm) to watch though

Have a plan, don't suck!

Good god, the Maloofs love to toy with everyone don't they. After this, Stern will probably hire hitman on them. Hopefully the rejection of Seattle's offer is true, and a Sacramento group pulls through.

Senior Member richmondreggie108's Avatar
    wtf wish i had a smart phn would have heard about this sooner, wtf, i might seriously cry if they go to seattle im 23 and have been a local fan since i was 4, mitch richmond was my first hero, i still have my first kings jacket, sigh, ughhh if this is true well im going to have to boycott the nba again this time for good, gonna try out watching hockey to try to fill the void...............seriously all sac has are the kings. fuck the maloofs fck srry fr the rant its just heartbreaking

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Jesus, Six Flags is jealous of the Maloof rollercoaster.
    Do they show up to games anymore?

If they do, I'm sure the reaction is hostile..?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    Do they show up to games anymore?

If they do, I'm sure the reaction is hostile..?
    They've really stopped going to the games recently. They were travelling around a lot looking for free rides and buyers so they didn't bother with the games anymore

well eventually this deal will go through soon and its over. No way Sacramento has an investment group that can match the offer Seattle is putting forth. Game over. Since this city will never have an arena...they'll never have a team either.

Quote Originally Posted by richmondreggie108 View Post
    wtf wish i had a smart phn would have heard about this sooner, wtf, i might seriously cry if they go to seattle im 23 and have been a local fan since i was 4, mitch richmond was my first hero, i still have my first kings jacket, sigh, ughhh if this is true well im going to have to boycott the nba again this time for good, gonna try out watching hockey to try to fill the void...............seriously all sac has are the kings. fuck the maloofs fck srry fr the rant its just heartbreaking
    I made the bad decision to go on YouTube to 2010's "Final Game" where Grant and Jerry were talking then they showed old highlights of the team. Tear jerker

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    well eventually this deal will go through soon and its over. No way Sacramento has an investment group that can match the offer Seattle is putting forth. Game over. Since this city will never have an arena...they'll never have a team either.
    they could technically match. 150-175M of what the Maloofs are getting will go to the city for fees, debt, other chargers. So if we can raise 350-400M it could come close

yeah, transferring the debt is our biggest asset. only having to put up $350ish could be done potentially

DREAM SCENARIO:

We raise 325M
    Other part of money is from fans being allowed to buy owner stake.
    I buy a tiny percentage in the team
    Maloofs gone

I OWN 2 PRO TEAMS

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    If the sale were to go through here is how much the deal would be for.

sale of the kings: 500 million
    loan to Sacramento: 80 million
    loan to the NBA: 100 million
    relocation fee: 100 million

That's almost 800 million dollars. That's insane.
    see...I guarantee you this is where the problem is..
    The 500 million offer does not assume the Maloofs debt, and IMO they have borrowed more than 100 million from Stern
    so with all of their other debacles they'd be losing the Kings without much to show for it.

Hansen has no other realistic avenue to get a Franchise....so they can beat him up

so supposedly the maloofs owe the NBA 210million

Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    so supposedly the maloofs owe the NBA 210million
    Where did you find this from?

Also the Maloofs only owe the city of Sacramento $77M correct? Do they have any other loans that the city is owed, because the talk for years has just been the $77M.. I know the team has a lot of outside debts such as that to the NBA, but those will not make the Maloofs sell the team to Sacramento at a lower price. Moreover, the city itself is not one of the business groups trying to buy the team so they would not likely approve a measure to erase the debt without it being paid back by some source eventually. So offering $400M will not get the job done. Keep in mind, the Maloofs are not rational. They thought being the play thing of Anahiem was a premier deal. They'll see one side offering $500M, the other side offering $400M and see on the surface how much better the Seattle offer is. So they may ignore the fact that passing debt for holding lots of money they'll pay back at the minimum to maintain their life of luxury.

All I have to say though...if that $210M number is accurate....how big a fuck up do you need to be to owe anyone that sort of money...not to mention all the other debts they need to pay off. Jeez

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Holy shit.
    Yah and I doubt the relocation fee is cheap like they always have been. It wouldn't surprise me if it is close to 100 million. We are talking close to 1 billion dollars just for the kings to move.