Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Kings sold to Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Assuming it means Environmental Impact Study?
    Ahh yes....

Leiweke was also down in Sacramento today to talk to city officials and KJ. Says he is fully committed to helping an arena project to proceed once the ownership issue is squared away.

Why would there be an environmental issue moving to Seattle? Is it because their new arena might cause to much traffic and pollution or something?

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Why would there be an environmental issue moving to Seattle? Is it because their new arena might cause to much traffic and pollution or something?
    Washington has one of the worst ecological protection groups. You cut your grass and they want to sue you and throw you in jail

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    You scared me. I thought it was a lawsuit against a Kings arena plan.

I read the lawsuit in the article, but I don't think it will hold up. I don't think they have a solid ground.

Thoughts?

Did anyone from this board graduate from law school?

Wow, no updates at all yesterday.

When are we going to hear rumors of Kings buyers' offers? Are they negotiation right now? Is that going to take time?

I don't want to hear rumors of that OTHER possibility.

You scared me. I thought it was a lawsuit against a Kings arena plan.

I read the lawsuit in the article, but I don't think it will hold up. I don't think they have a solid ground.

Thoughts?

Did anyone from this board graduate from law school?
    don't underestimate Seattle Liberals...they are vicious

My sister is a serious treehunger who lives up there....there are a bunch of groups against the new arena

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    don't underestimate Seattle Liberals...they are vicious

My sister is a serious treehunger who lives up there....there are a bunch of groups against the new arena
    I hope the tree huggers win this one and we keep our team

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    I hope the tree huggers win this one and we keep our team
    I don't think it will get that far for that to happen.

I just wish we knew exactly wat was going on cause this is all confusing. When do we give up and move on? Do we keep fighting to just be hurt in the end? There have been alot of names thrown out saying they want to keep the team here but no stories about it. All we hear is about ppl who want to buy the Kings and move them to Seattle. Didnt Webber n Barkley want to be part owners as well?

Wow, no updates at all yesterday.

When are we going to hear rumors of Kings buyers' offers? Are they negotiation right now? Is that going to take time?

I don't want to hear rumors of that OTHER possibility.
    Stern stated again yesterday that he was for having the Kings get a chance to match the deal, and that they'd be meeting soon with Johnson's group to hear his case. He also said that no finished deal has taken place in Seattle. Said he has talked to the Seattle group, but if there ever was a deal made that he would be the first to know which hasn't happened. Said he hasn't received any updates on their situation either.

I'm sure we will hear formally on KJ's buyer group when everything is set. The time is short so I'd imagine the full plan is still being worked on so nobody knows the details as nothing is set in stone quite yet. I heard that Burkle who wasn't part of the buyer group, has potentially come back onboard as he has interest in building a downtown plaza. The rumor (which I think was verified) was he had talked to both the 24 hour guy, and the owners of the downtown plaza in regards to the situation with a strong interest in that possibility. I think the heavy buyers want to make the downtown the build site for the new arena. KJ said he is fine with that as long as Sacramento doesn't need to fund any more than what they would for the rail arena site.

I'd give it at least another week before we know a lot more of the major players in the deal. Again...pulling this all together in a couple days is unrealistic so the more time that we aren't hearing anything its probably good. I guarantee they won't appear before the board of governors without a full plan set. KJ got a lot done in a brief period the last time he appeared before the governors to make a strong case. KJ also skipped out today on a meeting of mayors in order to keep working on the counter offer.

Stern said that the Sacramento market has always shown great support for the NBA and he couldn't say that for all NBA cities

I felt he might be having Seattle in mind the way he said it and the timing of it

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    I just wish we knew exactly wat was going on cause this is all confusing. When do we give up and move on? Do we keep fighting to just be hurt in the end? There have been alot of names thrown out saying they want to keep the team here but no stories about it. All we hear is about ppl who want to buy the Kings and move them to Seattle. Didnt Webber n Barkley want to be part owners as well?
    Webber had a group interested before, but I doubt that group has the resources to match anywhere near what Seattle is offering. Webber's finances by himself would only secure a very very small piece of the pie so I doubt he is interested.

As far as when Sacramento moves on....its after the board of governors meetings. If the governors agree, the Maloofs will be forced to sell local. If they don't agree then its done and the team is gone. That will take place within a week or two. Until that time there won't be much to report as formal plans and the buyer group won't be set. They've only had less than a week to start forming together so that is not time to make a structure plan that will cost nearly a billion dollars when you factor in team cost and arena cost. All we know for right now is Seattle has not completed a deal, and that Sacramento hasn't completed its plans for the counter offer. I don't believe that the investors really want to be named quite yet until everything is known and ready to go in case anything happens.

Last edited by bloatedmaniac; 01-18-2013 at 01:46 PM.

I forgot if someone already stated it here, but there was a report a day ago in USAToday that the Henson group from Seattle contacted the Bobcats ownership group to see about the availability of the team. If true....that would mean they have serious doubt about the likelihood of the Sacramento group and they may of ran into a few roadblocks in negotiation.

I just don't know how this "counter offer" will work. I wish there was something stronger, legally, to make the Kings counter-offer work.

It just sounds like too much of a last-ditch effort for the Board Of Governors to not approve the sale to the Seattle group, and allow the potential Sacramento group to buy, to me.

Maybe Mayor Johnson can really pull this off, but I don't know.

Do the Board of Governors officially approve the sale during their meeting after the regular season, or is there a different meeting during which they decide?

I mean, "receiving approval from the NBA to present a counter-offer" just doesn't sound very strong to me. I wish there was something stronger.

"Receive approval" just sounds like "listening", to me.

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine Sources say deal calls for Maloofs to receive non-refundable $30 million from the Hansen group by Feb. 1 whether or not sale is approved

these guys are so slimey