Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151620 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Kings sold to Seattle?

Well I pray the NBA gives us another chance. If they don't I will be more than happy to stop paying any attention to their "product"

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

I will hold out but in the scenario. IF the Board of Governors ignores the Kings trying to counter and just lets the team sell I will just have a big F*** you sign for David Stern and every owner out there. They bought into the Maloofs act, despite the crap the Maloofs put on the court and the torture and absolute crap they made THE FANS pay for, and they still let the team go I give up. Wouldn't see a point in caring about a sport where the Commish and Owners don't give a shit about anyone but themselves then lie to the fans about it

LeBron James ‏@KingJames
    So the Kings getting sold for 525M!! And the owners ain't making no money huh? What the hell we have a lookout for. Get the hell out of here

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Well Sacramento, another step has been taken towards Seattle

Now it's up to the NBA to approve. I don't see a reason why Stern or anyone else wouldn't.
    We all know He wanted a team back in Seattle before his retirement.

These assholes get $525 million, and a 30 mill deposit due by February 1st (if the deal goes through). Where is the justice

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    I just wish we knew exactly wat was going on cause this is all confusing. When do we give up and move on? Do we keep fighting to just be hurt in the end? There have been alot of names thrown out saying they want to keep the team here but no stories about it. All we hear is about ppl who want to buy the Kings and move them to Seattle. Didnt Webber n Barkley want to be part owners as well?
    Apples and oranges my friend. Maloofs get their money in the end, and what happens happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    these guys are so slimey
    30 million deposit

Can't even imagine that

I really really really really hope I run into one of the Maloofs one day. Obviously it won't be in Sacramento but a punch to the face and then to the gut would feel damn good

KJ's going to give it everything he's got, that said - it's pretty hard to remember anytime Wojo was wrong.

And they get part ownership still too. Amazing.

Hansen's a desperate sucker

I'm not at all concerned by the money they are getting. These are the same people who had every business they own go bankrupt, they named the arena after Power Balance bracelets. They will lose the money very soon

Grr this sucks really! I read thats its done and there sold for 525mill and then u hear on the news it isnt over yet. Like really let us know so we can move on if thats wat we need to do. I dont see how KJ can save the team here if majority of the team has been sold to ppl that want them in Seattle. The Maloofs are a damn joke and really need to leave Sacramento and never come back. I doubt we get any team ever again =/ Only way we can really feel better about this is all by scheduling a date and going to that game with big signs spelling out something mean. We all know we wont see the Maloofs there so only way to make some noise is with signs unforently . Wat game should we go to and protest??

I am really hating Adrian Worjanowski. Keeps talking about how it all goes back to his first report when he said it was done and also going with headline that it is a done deal nothing KJ or Sacramento can do

Wojo seems a bit irritated that he was second guessed lol

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    30 million deposit

Can't even imagine that
    I hope we see rumors of how much money the local Sacramento buyers can round up.

If they pool everyone together (Dave Carlsen -- 24 hour fitness; Mark Mastrov -- Sleep Train; Ron Burkle -- grocery stores), maybe they can get around $525M.

But I don't know if all of those guys want to be part of the same group.

Spreading it out would mean each group pays less, but then they also get less ownership.

I think people in general would rather spend a little more and have a larger stake.

Also, Grant said on the 1st day that he didn't think Sacramento had the kind of money to match Seattle, if that $525M was accurate.

And Carlsen, in that interview I posted last week, implied that he didn't have that much, his net worth was only a few hundred million.

And even if they can come up with the money, I just haven't seen a case before where the Board Of Governors turn down a sale and force a team to be sold to local buyers.

Maybe it's happened before, and I just don't know it, but I think the Board Of Governors will just approve whatever deal nets the most money.

And I've never seen a sale where there was guaranteed money like that, whether it went through or not.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    I hope we see rumors of how much money the local Sacramento buyers can round up.

If they pool everyone together (Dave Carlsen -- 24 hour fitness; Mark Mastrov -- Sleep Train; Ron Burkle -- grocery stores), maybe they can get around $525M.

But I don't know if all of those guys want to be part of the same group.

Spreading it out would mean each group pays less, but then they also get less ownership.

I think people in general would rather spend a little more and have a larger stake.

Also, Grant said on the 1st day that he didn't think Sacramento had the kind of money to match Seattle, if that $525M was accurate.

And Carlsen, in that interview I posted last week, implied that he didn't have that much, his net worth was only a few hundred million.

And even if they can come up with the money, I just haven't seen a case before where the Board Of Governors turn down a sale and force a team to be sold to local buyers.

Maybe it's happened before, and I just don't know it, but I think the Board Of Governors will just approve whatever deal nets the most money.

And I've never seen a sale where there was guaranteed money like that, whether it went through or not.
    We only need to raise 350M (the 175M extra Seattle pays is for debt to city)

Aldridge says Maloofs were trying to sell to a single party who would keep Kings in Sacramento but deal couldn't be struck, so they went back to Hansen group.

So the local buyer only wanted to keep the team here for 2 more years? What the hell
    This has Maloofs BS spread all over it

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    So the local buyer only wanted to keep the team here for 2 more years? What the hell
    This has Maloofs BS spread all over it
    Who was the alleged local buyer?

Is there a chance of this happening, or is it a fantasy?

+++++++++++++++++++++

Full statement from Sacramento mayor Kevin Johnson on Maloofs agreeing to sell Kings to Seattle-based group
    "Sacramento has proven that it is a strong NBA market with a fan base that year in and year out has demonstrated a commitment to the Kings by selling out 19 of 27 seasons in a Top 20 market and owning two of the longest sellout streaks in NBA history. When it comes to keeping the team in our community, Sacramento is playing to win. In particular, we have been focused like a laser on identifying an ownership group that will both have the financial resources desired by the NBA and the vision to make the Kings the NBA equivalent of what the Green Bay Packers have been in the NFL."

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    We only need to raise 350M (the 175M extra Seattle pays is for debt to city)
    So what happens to the debt to the city if it's sold to local buyers? Is it waived? If so, is that a good thing, to waive $175M?

I thought the Kings owed only about $70M to the city and $100-$200M to the NBA?

Or are the Maloofs still responsible if it's sold to local buyers? If so, doesn't that make it an even easier decision to sell to Seattle? Would they rather have $525M with $175M going to pay off loans, or $350M and still have to pay loans?