Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Kings sold to Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    KJ should have just waited till he had a solid group with the big numbers
    ...19 million is great, but makes the whole thing look stupid with the superficial glance most people in the Country will give it
    He wanted to make sure the local investors got their credit. He felt they deserved their own day.

The Shamus will overshadow them once their announced.

One of the investors said they sent multiple e-mails and phone calls to the Maloofs, which the Maloofs ignored and refused to return. Classy.

Another investor stepped up after the presser.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    One of the investors said they sent multiple e-mails and phone calls to the Maloofs, which the Maloofs ignored and refused to return. Classy.
    That's the whole thing. It seems the Maloofs tried to keep any investor that would keep the kings in Sacramento out of trying to buy the Kings. I don't see how the NBA would be too happy about that. I could see if they did publicly come out and say "Hey we are for sale" and not finding a group to keep the kings here that the NBA would be okay with the Seattle group buying the Kings. The problem is the maloofs didn't do that. They decided to be motherfuckers and sell it to someone that wouldn't keep the kings here.

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    This whole thing is sickening me. Every day a new 'source' comes out and either gives positive or negative news (with respect to Sacramento and the Kings).

Then that leads to all us fans pondering and thinking about the story, with this new angle in mind. Could they stay? Will they go?

Then we throw all this political/legal crap in the mix. Fines and contracts and money owed etc..

The bottomline is this: The Maloofs want to sell this team. I'm sure there are a few legit buyers out there, in Sacramento, and out of Sacramento. Just get it done with, collect your miserable money and fucking LEAVE. So we can all move on with our lives knowing what the true fate of this team is.

I just want the fucking deal to be done. Let us have the news now, instead of dragging this on and changing on a daily basis. It's like an emotional rolller coaster. Can we just get off the ride?

Sell this team whoever they want to sell it too (Yes, that sounds bad on my part...but the reality of it is, no matter how much we hate the Maloofs or badmouth them, It doesn't change that they are the ones in control..they own the team (the majority of it anyway)...they have the money, they have the ability to eventually sell this team to Hansen or a local group or to whoever.

I just want the whole fiasco to be done with. I'm sick of Twitter updates and breaking news stories, that aren't really breaking news.

The whole thing is just a legal and financial mess. These billionaires are sitting around talking numbers, talking about perks, or percentages while the average fan is confused looking at seven different sources.The deal will be done soon, it just remains to be seen to who. Personally, I think this team is playing in Seattle next year.

Sorry if I repeated myself or used excessive foul language, I didn't really think about this before posting, just kind of let it spill.

I light up the jar under the light of the stars
    And write a few bars until the silence dissolves

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    They sold that goddamn arena out for 19 years, playing in one of the NBA's smallest markets

You guys, the locals, the season ticket holders etc.., especially don't deserve this

I light up the jar under the light of the stars
    And write a few bars until the silence dissolves

This is my thinking...

They're getting a pretty kick ass deal with Seattle. $30 million, guaranteed, sale or not. They've got a desperate group who really is out of options right now. Expansion is a few years away - the Bobcats are a few years away from being sold, if they ever are. Memphis and NO are off the market and that really only leaves the Bucks, who are rumored to have a whale of a buyer out of Illinois, so that's unlikely as well - so the Kings are the only thing available. The Maloofs are using that to their advantage.

There was no way Sacramento was going to put up a deal that would get the Maloofs money like the Seattle deal will if they had opted to sell to Sacramento. While I do think they'd be content selling to Seattle simply because they're all about themselves, I think they felt this was necessary to get themselves in a position to get Sacramento to give them this sweetheart type of deal.

absolutely.....any Sac group would've tried like hell to come up with a low ball team valuation
    in the end it could turn out the Ballmer Group was played....albeit unintentionally

probably the best business move the Maloofs have ever made

Soooo...

Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov in serious talks with Sacramento.

best case scenario, Stern fucks the Maloofs as bad as they have Sacramento. Though its thought to be a long shot the league will veto the sale to Seattle it could happen. Tell Hansen and company back off buying the Kings and you will get your expansion team soon. There are multiple cities that would love to support a NBA team, not expanding is totall BS. This would drop the value of the Maloofs prized investment bigtime. Stern wants to go out a hero, let both Sac and Sea win.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Soooo...

Ron Burkle and Mark Mastrov in serious talks with Sacramento.
    Let's hope that's what Mayor Johnson says.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    This whole thing is sickening me. Every day a new 'source' comes out and either gives positive or negative news (with respect to Sacramento and the Kings).

Then that leads to all us fans pondering and thinking about the story, with this new angle in mind. Could they stay? Will they go?

Then we throw all this political/legal crap in the mix. Fines and contracts and money owed etc..

The bottomline is this: The Maloofs want to sell this team. I'm sure there are a few legit buyers out there, in Sacramento, and out of Sacramento. Just get it done with, collect your miserable money and fucking LEAVE. So we can all move on with our lives knowing what the true fate of this team is.

I just want the fucking deal to be done. Let us have the news now, instead of dragging this on and changing on a daily basis. It's like an emotional rolller coaster. Can we just get off the ride?

Sell this team whoever they want to sell it too (Yes, that sounds bad on my part...but the reality of it is, no matter how much we hate the Maloofs or badmouth them, It doesn't change that they are the ones in control..they own the team (the majority of it anyway)...they have the money, they have the ability to eventually sell this team to Hansen or a local group or to whoever.

I just want the whole fiasco to be done with. I'm sick of Twitter updates and breaking news stories, that aren't really breaking news.

The whole thing is just a legal and financial mess. These billionaires are sitting around talking numbers, talking about perks, or percentages while the average fan is confused looking at seven different sources.The deal will be done soon, it just remains to be seen to who. Personally, I think this team is playing in Seattle next year.

Sorry if I repeated myself or used excessive foul language, I didn't really think about this before posting, just kind of let it spill.
    Good post.

Small question: Are you on Twitter, or do you just check Twitter?

eze is reporting Burkle and Mastov are the big whales in waiting

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Let's hope that's what Mayor Johnson says.
    Its been confirmed now by all parties that Burkle and Mastov guy are all in

They also stated they are targeting the downtown plaza to be the homesite of the new arena.

Pretty hefty group - with possibly more in waiting. Stern loves Burkle and with good reason. Dude turned around the Penguins situation like a magician.

Still going to be hard to get the BOG to deny the move I think, but Sacramento's making it tougher by the day.

The owners of the downtown plaza also are stated as being involved in the potential purchase and are working with burkle and company

30 million reasons why Ron Burkle might swim with the fishes

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    Its been confirmed now by all parties that Burkle and Mastov guy are all in
    Where did you hear this?

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    It's all over. Sacbee has it. Amick as well.