Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 59101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Kings sold to Seattle?

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Pretty hefty group - with possibly more in waiting. Stern loves Burkle and with good reason. Dude turned around the Penguins situation like a magician.

Still going to be hard to get the BOG to deny the move I think, but Sacramento's making it tougher by the day.
    After their title, they've had 2 1st round exits and a 2nd round exit.

They sound like the Mavs. One good year with a lot of inadequate runs.

Yes I know the NHL playoffs are more unpredictable. But I'd also be disappointed at not making a deeper run the past 3 years.

According to wiki, it also took them several years to become a good team.

It's all over. Sacbee has it. Amick as well.
    This is the only place I check regularly, outside of daytime sports radio, hence that's why I ask for links.

There's too much conflicting information for me to keep up with other sources.

It's like "she loves me, she loves me not, etc."

Pretty hefty group - with possibly more in waiting. Stern loves Burkle and with good reason. Dude turned around the Penguins situation like a magician.

Still going to be hard to get the BOG to deny the move I think, but Sacramento's making it tougher by the day.
    In fairness there has never been a case like this for the BOG to decide on. Quite honestly, the reason the board has the power to deny moves is to disallow owners from tossing teams around like yoyos for any reason. There isn't a compelling reason to allow the sale from Sacramento especially after everything Sacramento has done and for them to not even get 1 chance to talk to the Maloofs to buy the team is unreal. The BOG actually have a justifiable reason to say no unlike other cases that have crossed their paves.

Last edited by bloatedmaniac; 01-22-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post

Yes I know the NHL playoffs are more unpredictable. But I'd also be disappointed at not making a deeper run the past 3 years.

In fairness its due to injuries to key players. Sidney Crosby missed over a year due to post concussion syndrome. He was their Lebron so not having him was a huge cock block to their playoff run.

This is the only place I check regularly, outside of daytime sports radio, hence that's why I ask for links.

There's too much conflicting information for me to keep up with other sources.

It's like "she loves me, she loves me not, etc."
    As Eze said its all over now. I heard it on the channel 3 news which broke in with the report on Sacbee. When Amick confirmed it, then you know its true.

Got them a brand new arena built, saved them from relocation, etc, etc. Didn't mean just on the ice, lol.

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Good post.

Small question: Are you on Twitter, or do you just check Twitter?
    I don't have a twitter. I was just referring to the twitter updates we see on ESPN or that are posted on here or some other website

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    I don't have a twitter. I was just referring to the twitter updates we see on ESPN or that are posted on here or some other website
    you need an account right away....so you can follow me
    I need it

Well Iowa you have every right to feel how u feel. In fact I couldnt have said it any better than you have. I agree with everything you have to say and I hope this is over faster than later. Unlike many on this board we are already facing the music and others still have hope. They said going to the BOG is like asking parents for a puppy. I mean face the music already and lets move on. Funny this team will be better instantly once it hits Seattle. Theyll get a top 3 pick, Phil Jackson will mentor a coach, and Larry Bird is gonna be the new GM. That sucks for Kings fans!!

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    In fairness its due to injuries to key players. Sidney Crosby missed over a year due to post concussion syndrome. He was their Lebron so not having him was a huge cock block to their playoff run.
    You're right, I didn't realize he missed a year.

Got them a brand new arena built, saved them from relocation, etc, etc. Didn't mean just on the ice, lol.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Well Iowa you have every right to feel how u feel. In fact I couldnt have said it any better than you have. I agree with everything you have to say and I hope this is over faster than later. Unlike many on this board we are already facing the music and others still have hope. They said going to the BOG is like asking parents for a puppy. I mean face the music already and lets move on. Funny this team will be better instantly once it hits Seattle. Theyll get a top 3 pick, Phil Jackson will mentor a coach, and Larry Bird is gonna be the new GM. That sucks for Kings fans!!
    And Cousins will play like Shaq for Phil Jackson!

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    As Eze said its all over now. I heard it on the channel 3 news which broke in with the report on Sacbee. When Amick confirmed it, then you know its true.
    Thanks.

I don't watch the news. The last time I did was when it interrupted scheduled programming to announce Bin Laden had been caught. (I instantly made a thread about it and others chimed in too).

Larry Bird isn't the best of GMs. Phil Jackson mentoring a coach means nothing, because whoever he coaches will never have the respect of Phil Jackson nor the privilege of playing with the best players in the game of basketball that Phil did. They'd still be better just because....its hard to be worse. Even the Kings in Sacramento would be better without the Maloofs. The organization will go through lots of changes either way, all of them will be for the better if it means kicking the crap out.

The meeting with the BOG is on a different scale of anything that has ever come across. Its very reasonable that Stern has serious interest in keeping the Kings in town. The league invested a lot of money with the city to come to terms with a working arena plan, he has a good relationship with KJ, Sacramento is a proven market, and he even recently had AEG reopen talks with the city for a new arena. Its one thing to humor the city/mayor, its another thing to have investment partners of the NBA go out of their way spending time and money to work with the city. To me its legit interest.

Typically the idea is the BOG doesn't block moves because they don't want their own sales or relocation efforts to be blocked should the time come. This though isn't about moving from a failing market or anything remotely like that. As KJ said, they have worked with the league for the past few years and have done things beyond of what the NBA even had asked of them. The city though was not ever given 1 chance to match any offer to buy the team and were flat out ignored. It has nothing to do with money. It had everything to do with owners holding the team hostage, screwing the city, and costing BOTH the league and city money. Other owners will not be in the same situation, nor has anything like this occurred. Its actually very easy to imagine the board once again favoring the city due almost entirely to the Maloofs being completely irresponsible and unethical in all their dealings.

Last edited by bloatedmaniac; 01-22-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Note: Not hating on Bird...better than Petrie but nothing I'd be too excited over.

Thanks.

I don't watch the news. The last time I did was when it interrupted scheduled programming to announce Bin Laden had been caught. (I instantly made a thread about it and others chimed in too).
    Haha I hardly watch the news. I watched today as I wanted to hear what they said about the Kevin Johnson address, and they had the report break. I've only listened to it lately due to issues with the Kings. Ironically outside of that, the last time I tuned into the news...it was when Bin Laden was caught. I remember them saying there will be an important address from the president and I knew he was going to say they finally bagged Bin Laden and take all the credit.

"Hanging over the situation is the fact that the NBA has received over $3 billion in public subsidy money for arenas since 1990, and sources with knowledge of the situation maintain that Sacramento’s current “model offer” of public funds will not go unrecognized by the NBA’s Board of Governors. Aside from a public relations nightmare similar to that of Sonicsgate, the league’s ability to secure future funds from cities could be threatened if Sacramento is abandoned for Seattle. Yahoo! Sports and CSN Bay Area have reported that the Board of Governors has already made up their minds to support a move to Seattle, but sources speaking to PBT on the condition of anonymity don’t see it that way. NBCSports.com"

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    you need an account right away....so you can follow me
    I need it
    I'm not your twitter whore!

One of the investors said they sent multiple e-mails and phone calls to the Maloofs, which the Maloofs ignored and refused to return. Classy.
    You know for a fact if the NBA knew the Maloofs were wanting to sell, they would have told them to find someone that would keep the team in Sacramento first which they didn't do. I don't see how NBA lets them move if sacramento's got that with an arena deal.

KJ has another press conference today at 2pm.

Wasn't a whole lot with that one - wouldn't announce the names of the whales but did say there were more than two. Also said he has a conference call with Stern tomorrow.