Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Kings sold to Seattle?

How did Mayor Johnson's meeting with Stern go? Any audio clips? Or is that private?

I guess the Mayor will update us when he feels ready.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    How did Mayor Johnson's meeting with Stern go? Any audio clips? Or is that private?

I guess the Mayor will update us when he feels ready.
    Private, but, apparently well. Believe the quote from anonymous sources was Stern told KJ to "keep doing what you're doing". And of course, like a day later, Burkle flew to NYC to meet with Stern which was set up by KJ, so, my guess is it went pretty well.

Ok, so something like 2% or less ownership, right?
    Mmhmm. They just want the glory - and the ability to say they're still NBA owners.

I'm guessing, push came to shove, they'd be able to get that from the new Sacramento owners if that situation came up. Then again - not sure they'd really enjoy it that much given they'll forever have that cloud over their head, even if they do sell to the Sacramento guys.

Minority owner Bob Cook said he believes if the BOG declines the sale, they'll sell to the Sacramento group.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Mmhmm. They just want the glory - and the ability to say they're still NBA owners.

I'm guessing, push came to shove, they'd be able to get that from the new Sacramento owners if that situation came up. Then again - not sure they'd really enjoy it that much given they'll forever have that cloud over their head, even if they do sell to the Sacramento guys.

Minority owner Bob Cook said he believes if the BOG declines the sale, they'll sell to the Sacramento group.
    The Maloofs have always been to try and get as much money out of the sale as they could. We all know that if they would have come to local people to keep the Kings here they is no way they would have gotten the team evaluated at 525 million. The Maloofs knew the Hansen group were desperate for a team and would most certainly fork out a lot of money. But the Maloofs are smart and knew the NBA most likely would decline a sale to them but would allow a local group to match the deal. In some sorts the Maloofs come out on top anyway. They probably got 100-150 million more dollars out of the deal which ever way it goes by doing that.

IN the end I think Seattle will get a new team when the new arena is built and ready to go. That will most likely happen after the new TV deal is done which I think will make it easier for owners to approve an expansion when the arena is ready.

SO in the end the owners certainly by adding an expansion team in Seattle will NOT be losing money. They make Hansen pay 350-400 million for a new team. Each team gets ~12.5 million out of that. New TV deal with new markets means a higher TV deal. I don't see how in any way shape or form they will lose money by adding Seattle. Hell even the NBA would be one board. They get two Billionaire owner groups and two new Arena's out of this.

Really....I don't see how this isn't the outcome. The NBA and it's owners will end up coming out on top money wise

Last edited by ctbaz; 01-25-2013 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Private, but, apparently well. Believe the quote from anonymous sources was Stern told KJ to "keep doing what you're doing". And of course, like a day later, Burkle flew to NYC to meet with Stern which was set up by KJ, so, my guess is it went pretty well.
    that was straight from KJ's mouth...lol
    truth is I was much more worried about Anaheim

Oh, was that straight from KJ? Crap - information overload lolol

Question, if Seattle gets an expansion team, wouldn't we have to add another team to the mix? Would that be a possibility, having to find another group and city willing to pony up $350+ million? We all know Seattle would easily get a team but can the same be said elsewhere?

Do I need a receipt to bring the sexy back?

Quote Originally Posted by sf giants r the best View Post
    Question, if Seattle gets an expansion team, wouldn't we have to add another team to the mix? Would that be a possibility, having to find another group and city willing to pony up $350+ million? We all know Seattle would easily get a team but can the same be said elsewhere?
    not really...NBA operated with an odd number of teams for decades

Quote Originally Posted by sf giants r the best View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post

Clearly, I am up to date with my NBA-ABA history... Thank you though. I was thinking that was going to be a major problem.

Do I need a receipt to bring the sexy back?

So when is a actual date that we will hear stuff going on with this team other than speculation? March 1st is when they have to put in the relocation paperwork which they already have right? When do we hear about the purposal to to the BOG and do we find out that day the answer or do they get a few days to think about it or wat?

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    So when is a actual date that we will hear stuff going on with this team other than speculation? March 1st is when they have to put in the relocation paperwork which they already have right? When do we hear about the purposal to to the BOG and do we find out that day the answer or do they get a few days to think about it or wat?
    1. We hear about the proposal when Mayor Johnson is ready to tell us.

2. We don't know the answer until the BOG meeting.

Marc Stein still thinks this is a long shot (as of last night).

28 Sacramento
    16-29
    --

Last Week: 28
    While Mayor Johnson scrambles back home to keep the city's faint hopes of keeping the Kings alive, this team is one game into a brutal stretch calling for 13 of 16 games on the road. And two games into a DeMarcus Cousins slump after six straight double-doubles in DMC's monster start to 2013.

I take it your a tennis fan nuraman00. I was fortunate enough to be in Melbourne two weeks ago and bought a day ground pass for my kids and I. Ground pass does not get you into the two big arenas, Rod Laver and Hisense, but got to watch some elimination rounds on smaller courts. good all around experience.

Marc Stein still thinks this is a long shot (as of last night).
    Fortunately, marc Stein knows less than we do and just tosses out his opinion without merit.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    Fortunately, marc Stein knows less than we do and just tosses out his opinion without merit.
    I think Stein is decent overall. Usually is opinion is pretty fair.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    I take it your a tennis fan nuraman00.
    Yes I am.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    I take it your a tennis fan nuraman00. I was fortunate enough to be in Melbourne two weeks ago and bought a day ground pass for my kids and I. Ground pass does not get you into the two big arenas, Rod Laver and Hisense, but got to watch some elimination rounds on smaller courts. good all around experience.

Glad you enjoyed the day with your kids at Melbourne park.

Thanks for sharing.

Well with those 2 BIG TIME owners bidding on the Kings and being so close to Stern is alot better than just having 2 reg ppl trying to buy the Kings. Wats ur guys thoughts if they do buy the Kings. Will they instantly be better owners than most in the league? Ofcourse theyll be better than the Maloofs as they never emptied there pockets on no one but can they possibly be like a Mark Cuban? I also heard on the news that the offer will be later this week. So lets keep our fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Well with those 2 BIG TIME owners bidding on the Kings and being so close to Stern is alot better than just having 2 reg ppl trying to buy the Kings. Wats ur guys thoughts if they do buy the Kings. Will they instantly be better owners than most in the league? Ofcourse theyll be better than the Maloofs as they never emptied there pockets on no one but can they possibly be like a Mark Cuban? I also heard on the news that the offer will be later this week. So lets keep our fingers crossed.
    No, they have to prove it by hiring good GMs and coaches. They have to get good people in the front office.