Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Kings sold to Seattle?

and if Bucher did his research, Sacramento's using the same approach San Francisco did to keep the Giants from St. Petersburg - you know - which worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Saw somebody last night claim that the Hansen-Balmer group, that is to buy the Kings, is comprised of Steve Balmer of Microsoft and Chris Hansen of NBC's "To Catch A Predator".

and if Bucher did his research, Sacramento's using the same approach San Francisco did to keep the Giants from St. Petersburg - you know - which worked.
    Doesn't he work for espn? How do these writers get away with falsifying information.

Nah, they fired him - he works for some radio station in San Francisco now. lol

Nah, they fired him - he works for some radio station in San Francisco now. lol
    Did they fire him, or did he leave on his own?

His contract ran out and ESPN decided not to renew

His contract ran out and ESPN decided not to renew
    So it was an Adelman then. They let him be a FA and he chose a new employer.

Fired usually means ending before the contract is over, or being let go for performance considerations.

Cold shot Terrence....lol

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    So it was an Adelman then. They let him be a FA and he chose a new employer.

Fired usually means ending before the contract is over, or being let go for performance considerations.
    He wanted to return - they just wanted Wojo over him. I mean - no offense to 95.7, but, 95.7 or ESPN? Not a tough call. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    Cold shot Terrence....lol
    Just the other day he said how bad he misses Sac. Dude's a little Artest-ian.

me thinks Terrence would look pretty damn good in a Kings jersey right about now

But Travis Outlaw!

another cold shot right there

I know he's a relatively small salary in the grand scheme of things - but it's inconceivable to me how Petrie actually looked at Outlaw and thought "yeah, I think this will work out".

He wanted to return - they just wanted Wojo over him. I mean - no offense to 95.7, but, 95.7 or ESPN? Not a tough call. lol
    I have a feeling 95.7 pays a lot.

As Damon Bruce on 1050 says, there's radio hosts on another station who are paid more to matter less.

95.7 also has weekly radio shows with Gary Payton, Matt Cain, Buster Posey, David Lee, and probably 1-2 others. I have a feeling they pay those guys too. And I have a feeling they're banned from doing radio interviews on other stations (but are paid more for those terms). Oh yeah Jemile Weeks had a weekly show, but I think they stopped that after he wasn't playing much.

Also, I think one's role is smaller on ESPN. One chat wrap a week, and one studio game a week.

On 95.7, not only does he have a 3 hour show with Chris Townsend, but he also goes to every Warriors game, and is their sideline reporter, for CSN. He's just more involved with sports.

The audience is bigger on ESPN, but I have a feeling there's less freedom and a smaller role.

I don't like 95.7's format overall, but I like Townsend.

Not with business ventures like this:

Oh good god. Thanks for the nightmares.

I'm still nervous about this whole thing. I'm just not sure one can apply logic, when it comes to business deals approved by the Board Of Governors.

And I think the market size of Seattle, and the revenue that can provide, is an advantage for them.

Stern wanting to keep teams in their existing markets, because he wants to keep teams in their existing markets, is the only advantage from a business perspective, I think.

Hopefully Mayor Johnson comes out with a number.

BTW, let's say he says the local offer is for $410M. Does that mean that's the value of the franchise, so you would take 65% of that, to see how much the new investors would actually be spending? Kind of like how $525M is the value of the franchise from the Hansen-Ballmer group? The only benefit for the Maloofs is that the local group would probably (they'd have to for the Maloofs to agree) take on the existing $77M loan?
    I think we will all be feeling jittery until something gets done. We are fed nothing but rumors and opinions on both sides. I'm in ctba's side on this issue. If the city has owners with money and an arena plan you just can't justify the move. Stern even has several outs to deny the Seattle deal thanks to the Maloofs screw ups such as denying the right of first refusal, and operating behind the backs of the city and the NBA. Stern is keeping things open as shit can hit the fan on either side of the equation and he also wants to avoid any legal issues. I just think after the Sonicgate mess, it would not be benefical in anyway including financially to create an even bigger mess up by screwing Sacramento who did everything beyond the expectations of the NBA. Stern should of made the Maloofs sell, just as Selig did with the Dodgers when Frank McCourt was destroying the team while being broke.

so there is a big misconception out there about the Seattle arena. There still is no deal in place for an arena. Even Hansen's attorney has said that here is his quote.

The document "does not approve development of an arena," McCullough wrote. "(It) simply describes the process by which the arena proposal will be reviewed and how it will be financed if approved."

Just the other day he said how bad he misses Sac. Dude's a little Artest-ian.

I think Isaiah's nickname is "The Super Sonic". Just awkward considering the circumstances.

Do I need a receipt to bring the sexy back?

Add another point to KJ's offer.