Thread: Group plans to buy Kings and build a $400 million arena on Downtown Plaza site

Group plans to buy Kings and build a $400 million arena on Downtown Plaza site

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    Do we know who's in the group?

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Do we know who's in the group?
    Group that owns the downtown plaza. Sounds like this would be a privately funded arena as well.

MY FAVORITE GROUP (IF IT HAPPENS)

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    MY FAVORITE GROUP (IF IT HAPPENS)
    especially if it is a privately funded arena....makes things soooooo much easier.

Group that owns the downtown plaza. Sounds like this would be a privately funded arena as well.
    Could the size of the arena go up from the proposal 3 years ago? That's what started my search for the square footage of all the arenas in the first place.

Can you name some people and what their background is (other than that they own the downtown plaza)?

Can you name some people and what their background is (other than that they own the downtown plaza)?
    The source said the group includes JMA Ventures, the San Francisco investment firm that bought Downtown Plaza last year at a bargain-basement price.

AECOM - an architectural and engineering firm that designed the new NBA arena in Brooklyn - has already sketched arena plans for the Downtown Plaza site. "It's actually an ideal location, it can be built more quickly than the railyard," the source said.

The source said the group includes JMA Ventures, the San Francisco investment firm that bought Downtown Plaza last year at a bargain-basement price.

AECOM - an architectural and engineering firm that designed the new NBA arena in Brooklyn - has already sketched arena plans for the Downtown Plaza site. "It's actually an ideal location, it can be built more quickly than the railyard," the source said.
    Thanks.

Are these the same plans as before (1-3 years ago)? Or could there be moderate changes?

Thanks.

Are these the same plans as before (1-3 years ago)? Or could there be moderate changes?
    It's a different architecture group so I am assuming new ones.

Its been awhile since I've been to downtown Sac. Is this plaza the one like next door to the old greyhound bus station. Has Macy's etc.. if so great location for a new arena right in the heart of things would be the jewel of downtown Sac. might be a bit crazy during events as imagine it would be pretty tight with all the other surroundings but so what.

Senior Member richmondreggie108's Avatar
    to bad everything closes at lik 9 i mean accept fr the bars lol is was hard to buy booze fr a bit of a pregame last time i was there cause verything was closed i was lik wtf i thought downtown supposed to be poppin they need to change tat