Thread: The beard might be heading to the Mets

The beard might be heading to the Mets

Brian Wilson is talking to the Mets who are interested in signing the Giants old closer who missed significant time due to injury. Hopefully the Giants don't try and keep him. They showed last year their bullpen can handle the job without him, and coming off injury he isn't worth the big pay day he is seeking. Will miss the beard jokes though.

I get where he's coming from, but, his ego is out of control. They're offering you a Major League contract - you make the incentives, you get paid like you want. He can get lost if he thinks he's worth a big pay day with a 3 year commitment coming off another TJ.

How much is he looking for?

Thanks for the MLB post, bloatedmaniac. I hope you keep posting about MLB.

We need to start getting the jokes ready for Fartolo's starts this year.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    How much is he looking for?

Thanks for the MLB post, bloatedmaniac. I hope you keep posting about MLB.

We need to start getting the jokes ready for Fartolo's starts this year.
    He wants guaranteed money, doesn't really like the idea of incentives. According to his agent he is seeking around $5-$6M guaranteed on a multi year contract. Screw that.

Fartolo himself might be the joke this year without his special blue pill that is shaped like a needle and is injected into his butt. He has pitched well in winterball though.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    He wants guaranteed money, doesn't really like the idea of incentives. According to his agent he is seeking around $5-$6M guaranteed on a multi year contract. Screw that.

Fartolo himself might be the joke this year without his special blue pill that is shaped like a needle and is injected into his butt. He has pitched well in winterball though.
    $5-6M a year, or 6M over 3 years?

BTW why didn't you post about the playoffs? I think you had one post early in the DS, and it was before the A's forced a game 5 (as did the Giants).

I'm thinking of having some sort of fun O/U bet with a Fartolo start next year. Or maybe a bet where I have a beer for every guy he walks. You get the idea.

Mets worked him out this weekend and said he wasn't close to being ready.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    $5-6M a year, or 6M over 3 years?

BTW why didn't you post about the playoffs? I think you had one post early in the DS, and it was before the A's forced a game 5 (as did the Giants).

I'm thinking of having some sort of fun O/U bet with a Fartolo start next year. Or maybe a bet where I have a beer for every guy he walks. You get the idea.
    lol he was looking at that number per year. He is definately not getting that now based on some not so positive reviews of his latest workouts.