Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kings and Wiz Game Thread

Kings and Wiz Game Thread

Just got home Kings 9-17 from the stripe.
    Wash up by 5.

Fredette having a good game. Cuz and his slump continues

Both teams look awful. Wash a little worse 2-10'for the qtr

Great block by T-Rob, but Thornton blows donkey nut balls

Hayes >>>>> Nene. Great defensive lockdown

Evans to the line to potentially seal the deal

Tyreke makes both!

Wall gets to the hoop uncontested. Evans to the line...but misses the first. 2 point game with the Wizards getting the ball with 11 seconds

Wall gets the ball...Evans leaves his feet....Wall gets to the hoop to tie the game.

Thomas wins the game with the floater in the lane

Thomas with the game winner!
    22 pts for IT. Losing streak is done. Just in time to start a new one.
    Losing streak that is.

Kings win.

Kings Grade: D
    Wiz Grade: F

Bad defense for the most part. Missed waaaaaaayyyy too many free throws. Too much Thornton hero mode. Silly turnovers (though the overall TO #s was fine). The Wizard played as miserable as any team could of possibly played, but the Kings needed a last second shot to creep away.

it takes one hell of a lack of effort to lose to the Sacramento Kings these days
    BRAVO

I really dislike Chuck Hayes and Thomas Robinson on the court at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    Kings win.

Kings Grade: D
    Wiz Grade: F

Bad defense for the most part. Missed waaaaaaayyyy too many free throws. Too much Thornton hero mode. Silly turnovers (though the overall TO #s was fine). The Wizard played as miserable as any team could of possibly played, but the Kings needed a last second shot to creep away.
    Oh no, was this a reenactment of those Kings-Knicks games?

I heard the last quarter on the radio. What were the defensive matchups?

I noticed Hayes was the only big for most of that stretch, and Garcia a big role.

Did Evans guard Wall for most of the game, or was Thomas intermittently on him? How did that/those matchups go?

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    I heard the last quarter on the radio. What were the defensive matchups?

I noticed Hayes was the only big for most of that stretch, and Garcia a big role.

Did Evans guard Wall for most of the game, or was Thomas intermittently on him? How did that/those matchups go?
    Hayes played big minutes down the stretch as did T-Rob who was in also most of the fourth (he had a big block to stop a layup). Garcia played a lot....but big role is not the word I used. He was merely on the floor. As I said the Kings looked terrible the entire game, with very few defensive plays made. Hayes made a nice stop on Nene down the stretch, but Nene was on the perimeter...which needless to say was doomed to begin with.

Wall had a few different players defend him including Evans. I didn't see the first quarter, but Evans was "guarding him" on two of the final possessions were Wall walked straight both times. First time he did an obvious pump fake from 18 feet out which Evans bit on jumping in the air which let Wall walk in. Second time Evans ran into a Nene screen, hugged him for a bit while Wall walked past Hayes and the team watched him score.

Overall the team defense was ridiculously bad. They never really had strong moments. Luckily, as I stated previously, the Wizards played like garbage. They made about 4 passes straight out of bounds. They'd lose their dribble. Nene was out on the perimeter at times. They would miss easy shots as nobody could shoot on their time. If you just watched their side of the ball, you'd swear the game would end 130-50. Its almost unthinkable they could almost win that game. The Kings though just played down to their level. They were slow, missed a crap load of free throws, and missed up their mindlessly jacked up shots (I'm looking at you Thornton).

The Kings-Knicks comparison is accurate...though this game was maybe worse in execution.

Hayes played big minutes down the stretch as did T-Rob who was in also most of the fourth (he had a big block to stop a layup). Garcia played a lot....but big role is not the word I used. He was merely on the floor. As I said the Kings looked terrible the entire game, with very few defensive plays made. Hayes made a nice stop on Nene down the stretch, but Nene was on the perimeter...which needless to say was doomed to begin with.

Wall had a few different players defend him including Evans. I didn't see the first quarter, but Evans was "guarding him" on two of the final possessions were Wall walked straight both times. First time he did an obvious pump fake from 18 feet out which Evans bit on jumping in the air which let Wall walk in. Second time Evans ran into a Nene screen, hugged him for a bit while Wall walked past Hayes and the team watched him score.

Overall the team defense was ridiculously bad. They never really had strong moments. Luckily, as I stated previously, the Wizards played like garbage. They made about 4 passes straight out of bounds. They'd lose their dribble. Nene was out on the perimeter at times. They would miss easy shots as nobody could shoot on their time. If you just watched their side of the ball, you'd swear the game would end 130-50. Its almost unthinkable they could almost win that game. The Kings though just played down to their level. They were slow, missed a crap load of free throws, and missed up their mindlessly jacked up shots (I'm looking at you Thornton).

The Kings-Knicks comparison is accurate...though this game was maybe worse in execution.
    A few callers called in during Jason Ross' show today, to complain about Thornton in the 4th. They said Cousins should have been in for Thornton (given how there were enough guards on the floor), or that Fredette should have been in.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    A few callers called in during Jason Ross' show today, to complain about Thornton in the 4th. They said Cousins should have been in for Thornton (given how there were enough guards on the floor), or that Fredette should have been in.
    Yeah Thornton was off all night (all season too). He made 1 three pointer in the 4th, but took lots of forced shots (his norm). Jimmer was on the floor with him at a time, but was the one taken out for Isaiah. Should of been Thornton out. Jimmer was at least looking to create. I thought Cousins should of played more early, despite his struggles, but I wouldn't of put him in the game toward the end. I actually agree with keeping the T-Rob/Hayes tandem. Cousins goes batshit late in games and can kill the team as much as Thornton. He forces way too much and rarely ever makes a good play late in the 4th when it counts.

Thornton needs a ticket out of town even if its a straight salary dump. He does not add a thing to this team anymore. Loved the spark he had when he first came, but that spark has burnt out long ago.

Yeah Thornton was off all night (all season too). He made 1 three pointer in the 4th, but took lots of forced shots (his norm). Jimmer was on the floor with him at a time, but was the one taken out for Isaiah. Should of been Thornton out. Jimmer was at least looking to create. I thought Cousins should of played more early, despite his struggles, but I wouldn't of put him in the game toward the end. I actually agree with keeping the T-Rob/Hayes tandem. Cousins goes batshit late in games and can kill the team as much as Thornton. He forces way too much and rarely ever makes a good play late in the 4th when it counts.

Thornton needs a ticket out of town even if its a straight salary dump. He does not add a thing to this team anymore. Loved the spark he had when he first came, but that spark has burnt out long ago.
    Agree.

I like Salmons more this year than Thornton. Salmons plays more in the flow, and does a little better defensively.

Even Garcia, he may suck overall, but he doesn't fire shots haphazardly.