Thread: Adelman's wife.

all the best to Adelman and his wife. Funny when he coached the kings I disliked his lack of emotion, was even OK with his exit. Now I realize the guy was a seriously good players coach.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    all the best to Adelman and his wife. Funny when he coached the kings I disliked his lack of emotion, was even OK with his exit. Now I realize the guy was a seriously good players coach.
    Agreed. I was ok with Adelman leaving because I hated his decision when it came to Webber/Miller/Jackson. I thought he screwed up coaching the playoff series against Seattle with his rotations. At his worst though he was better than every coach we've had since at their best. Would love to have him back, and hope for all the best to his wife. Hard to be going through.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    Agreed. I was ok with Adelman leaving because I hated his decision when it came to Webber/Miller/Jackson. I thought he screwed up coaching the playoff series against Seattle with his rotations. At his worst though he was better than every coach we've had since at their best. Would love to have him back, and hope for all the best to his wife. Hard to be going through.
    I just thought Seattle was the better team, regardless. They were more physical. Some fans thought Seattle just had regular season luck, but I thought they were pretty good regardless.

The only thing I liked from the Seattle series were those Brad Miller back screens on Ridnour. He nailed Ridnour a few times.

Other than that, it was mostly Jerome James, Reggie Evans, and Danny Fortson dominating the Kings frontcourt. And Mobley unable to guard Ray Allen, as Allen had 45 points in game 4 on 17-28 FG, and in game 5, he had the series clinching layup during the final few seconds, in which he knifed his way through 4 Kings "defenders".

Also, during the playoffs, Ostertag actually looked pretty good, but barely played. He looked so good in stretches, that someone from the ESPN boards gave him the nickname "OsterShaq", as he was the only one that could stop Jerome James / Reggie Evans / Danny Fortson.

I didn't think Adelman wanted to be back anyways, as the prior 2 years, he had been a lame duck. In 2004-2005, he had a team option, but it wasn't picked up until Feb. 2005.

And in 2005-2006, obviously it was the last year of his contract.

Knowing how the Maloofs feel about coaches, they probably would have only offered 1 year guaranteed + 1 team option. Which would have made him a "last year on his contract" coach 3 years in a row.

He could do better than that from most teams, and get more guaranteed money. So I was pretty sure he wanted to go to a team that offered more guaranteed money (deservedly so), regardless of the talent on that team.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    I just thought Seattle was the better team, regardless. They were more physical. Some fans thought Seattle just had regular season luck, but I thought they were pretty good regardless.

The only thing I liked from the Seattle series were those Brad Miller back screens on Ridnour. He nailed Ridnour a few times.

Other than that, it was mostly Jerome James, Reggie Evans, and Danny Fortson dominating the Kings frontcourt. And Mobley unable to guard Ray Allen, as Allen had 45 points in game 4 on 17-28 FG, and in game 5, he had the series clinching layup during the final few seconds, in which he knifed his way through 4 Kings "defenders".

Also, during the playoffs, Ostertag actually looked pretty good, but barely played. He looked so good in stretches, that someone from the ESPN boards gave him the nickname "OsterShaq", as he was the only one that could stop Jerome James / Reggie Evans / Danny Fortson.
    Ostertag and Skinner actually brought strong post defense in game 1. Skinner was also key in the Kings making the playoffs following the trade of Webber and the injury to Miller. He fit in well and did a good job down low. I hated Miller just coming back and getting key minutes as the guy couldn't play a lick of defense to save his life which hurt the Kings. I also didn't like Bjax coming back at that time as well and automatically getting big minutes off the bench. Normally that would be fine, but during his injury Evans/House brought a nice spark to the bench whereas Jackson came back and became Marcus Thornton circa 2013. I didn't think the Kings would win the series, and as you said Seattle was the better team, but I hated the use of lineups that series.

Not sure if I can remember it that series right off the top of my head but by reading these comments is this where we were doing really good during the reg season, then drop like 15-20 games before the playoffs started due to the rotation of bringing Miller,Webber back?? I didnt like the rotations of all of that either regardless wat series Im thinking about. Adelman needed to go as good as a coach he is/was. We needed a new voice as most our players started giving up. Unfortently for us we have the Adelman curse and havent smelt a winning season, or sniffed playoffs since he left. He is a class act though and left on good terms with the organization. Hope his wife gets better and glad he took time off to spend time with her and it shows theres more to life than just his job.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Not sure if I can remember it that series right off the top of my head but by reading these comments is this where we were doing really good during the reg season, then drop like 15-20 games before the playoffs started due to the rotation of bringing Miller,Webber back?? I didnt like the rotations of all of that either regardless wat series Im thinking about. Adelman needed to go as good as a coach he is/was. We needed a new voice as most our players started giving up. Unfortently for us we have the Adelman curse and havent smelt a winning season, or sniffed playoffs since he left. He is a class act though and left on good terms with the organization. Hope his wife gets better and glad he took time off to spend time with her and it shows theres more to life than just his job.
    No, it was never that bad. I checked both 2003-2004 (after Webber came back from his microfracture) and 2004-2005.

They played around .500 after Webber came back, but that's not that bad IMO. I thought the Kings had been winning more games than they should have, in 2003-2004, without him. They weren't as good defensively or on the boards as they had been in 2002-2003. The Kings had a negative rebounding differential by about 2.7 boards a game, whereas the prior year they had been outrebbounding other teams. So to me, they had been winning games on offense, but weren't really tough enough to win during the playoffs without improving defensively and on the boards, which hopefully Webber could have provided (but didn't do as much in 2003-2004).

And, even though the Kings had played around .500, who's to say they wouldn't have done that anyways? As I mentioned, I thought they had been winning more than they should have anyways, so I thought they would run into a stretch where they'd lose.

Plus, I've seen other teams have no changes in their rotation, and still go through bad stretches. When you play 82 games, you can't hide who you are. A good stretch for 30-40 games will even out, if you're not that good. And I didn't think the Kings were that good.

Look at these streaks other teams had in their seasons, with no injury or rotation issues (some of them had a coaching change). Several other teams have had big positive and negative stretches in their season:

* In 2001-2002, Minnesota started 30-10. They finished 20-20. There weren't any major injuries.

* In 2002-2003, Indiana started 37-15. They finished 11-19. There weren't any major injuries.

* In 2002-2003, the L.A. Lakers started 11-19. Shaq had missed the first 12 games. They finished 39 - 13. They lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs.

* In 2003-2004, the New Jersey Nets started 21-20. They fired Byron Scott after 42 games. They finished 26-15. The Nets won 14 in a row. Scott coached the 1st game of the winning streak, and Lawrence Frank had the rest. They lost in the 2nd round of the playoffs, to Detroit, in 7 games.

* In 2004-2005, the Denver Nuggets were 17-23 after 40 games. They had fired Jeff Bzdelik, and gone through Michael Cooper for 14 games. They then hired George Karl. They finished 32-8. They won game 1 against the Spurs, but lost the 1st round series in 5 games.

* In 2005-2006, the Sacramento Kings were 18-24. They then traded Stojakovic for Artest. They finished 26-14. They had a 2-2 series tie with the Spurs, as the 8th seed, but lost in 6 games. They could have won game 2, but allowed Brent Barry to hit a 3-pointer to send it to overtime, and lost.

* In 2009-2010, Boston started out 23-5. They finished 27-27. No major injuries. They made it to game 7 of the 2010 NBA Finals, where they had a double-digit 3rd quarter lead, but lost.

Those types of seizures I would assume come from some type of pressure on the brain?