Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tyreke

Tyreke

With the Kings in massive limbo it does not appear he will be traded. Any ideas how his impending FA may work out? I recon if there is new ownership in place by seasons end they can make a run at him, still what a mess this whole Kings saga has become compliments the Maloofs.

He's a RFA. We'll see what kind of offers are for him.

Right now, I don't think another team will make a big offer, not even to try and put pressure on the Kings, because teams aren't sure how good he is.

Someone like Batum started at $10M last year. Evans is probably 2/3 of that, so he's more affordable.

Just my guess.

We'll see what he does the rest of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    He's a RFA. We'll see what kind of offers are for him.

Right now, I don't think another team will make a big offer, not even to try and put pressure on the Kings, because teams aren't sure how good he is.

Someone like Batum started at $10M last year. Evans is probably 2/3 of that, so he's more affordable.

Just my guess.

We'll see what he does the rest of the season.
    I guarantee he'd get an offer for at least what Batum got.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    I guarantee he'd get an offer for at least what Batum got.
    Maybe, but only if the Nets or Raptors make an offer. They seem to be the worst at giving out long, large contracts to average players.

Well, the Kings also did it with Udrih.

If the Nets and Raptors don't make an offer, than that narrows it down.

Goran Dragic got an offer of $7.5M. I'd say that's what Evans will get, barring the Nets or Raptors making an offer.

Maybe, but only if the Nets or Raptors make an offer. They seem to be the worst at giving out long, large contracts to average players.

Well, the Kings also did it with Udrih.

If the Nets and Raptors don't make an offer, than that narrows it down.

Goran Dragic got an offer of $7.5M. I'd say that's what Evans will get, barring the Nets or Raptors making an offer.
    There are other teams that can make a crazy offer for Evans. The Bobcats can make a run and have the money and incentive. If Atlanta loses Josh Smith, they'll have a lot of free money and a sense of desperation to throw some money around. Cleveland will have money though I doubt they go for him as they drafted Waiters. Detroit has money, a need for a starting guard, and would like Evans. The Bucks too if Ellis opts out and decides to bolt after they retain Jennings. A few other possibilities exist. A player like Evans has a lot of value for the sake of being a very young and explosive player. Evans won't even have discussions for anything that pays him less than $8M, and no interested party will offer him "at his value" as that never works. I really do see someone tossing money his way...which the Kings should not match.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    There are other teams that can make a crazy offer for Evans. The Bobcats can make a run and have the money and incentive. If Atlanta loses Josh Smith, they'll have a lot of free money and a sense of desperation to throw some money around. Cleveland will have money though I doubt they go for him as they drafted Waiters. Detroit has money, a need for a starting guard, and would like Evans. The Bucks too if Ellis opts out and decides to bolt after they retain Jennings. A few other possibilities exist. A player like Evans has a lot of value for the sake of being a very young and explosive player. Evans won't even have discussions for anything that pays him less than $8M, and no interested party will offer him "at his value" as that never works. I really do see someone tossing money his way...which the Kings should not match.
    If Ellis-Jennings didn't work out, why would Evans-Jennings? I could see Milwaukee making a bad offer to someone in general, because that's what they seem to do, but I think after Ellis-Jennings, they'd want a more normal backcourt.

Detroit is a good pick. Especially if they can't resign Calderon. But it also seems like they keep getting the same guard. Stuckey, Knight, Will Bynum, Ben Gordon, aren't these all very similar?

Atlanta would probably spend money on a big, not a guard, if they lose Smith. I think Dwight Howard should sign with Portland, but a Howard-Horford frontcourt, or a Howard-Horford-Smith, would be great. And given how the Lakers season is going, it's 50/50 that Howard would want to get out of there. Bryant isn't going anywhere (you just can't trade Bryant, marketing disaster), so Howard has a 50/50 chance of signing with another team.

I could see Charlotte doing it.

Also, even though I don't think Milwaukee or Detroit should logically make an offer, as I don't like the fit, they probably would still do it anyways.

If Evans gets an offer for $10M, do a sign-and-trade then. Even though it's better (IMO) for an outside team to sign a player outright, they end up doing sign-and-trades more times than not, to keep their payroll down. So if Evans gets a big offer, I'm pretty sure the Kings can get some kind of player and 1st round draft pick back. That's why I'm not that worried about what happens to Evans. If another team doesn't make him a big offer, then resign him. If another team makes him a big offer, then do a sign-and-trade. Both of those outcomes look pretty good to me.

I guess there's the possibility of the 3rd option. The Kings make him a big offer to keep him. I have a feeling the Kings management won't do that this time, but maybe I'm wrong.

If Ellis-Jennings didn't work out, why would Evans-Jennings? I could see Milwaukee making a bad offer to someone in general, because that's what they seem to do, but I think after Ellis-Jennings, they'd want a more normal backcourt.

Detroit is a good pick. Especially if they can't resign Calderon. But it also seems like they keep getting the same guard. Stuckey, Knight, Will Bynum, Ben Gordon, aren't these all very similar?

Atlanta would probably spend money on a big, not a guard, if they lose Smith. I think Dwight Howard should sign with Portland, but a Howard-Horford frontcourt, or a Howard-Horford-Smith, would be great. And given how the Lakers season is going, it's 50/50 that Howard would want to get out of there. Bryant isn't going anywhere (you just can't trade Bryant, marketing disaster), so Howard has a 50/50 chance of signing with another team.

I could see Charlotte doing it.

Also, even though I don't think Milwaukee or Detroit should logically make an offer, as I don't like the fit, they probably would still do it anyways.

If Evans gets an offer for $10M, do a sign-and-trade then. Even though it's better (IMO) for an outside team to sign a player outright, they end up doing sign-and-trades more times than not, to keep their payroll down. So if Evans gets a big offer, I'm pretty sure the Kings can get some kind of player and 1st round draft pick back. That's why I'm not that worried about what happens to Evans. If another team doesn't make him a big offer, then resign him. If another team makes him a big offer, then do a sign-and-trade. Both of those outcomes look pretty good to me.

I guess there's the possibility of the 3rd option. The Kings make him a big offer to keep him. I have a feeling the Kings management won't do that this time, but maybe I'm wrong.
    The flawed logic is why I too see Bucks and Detroit as viable candidates for Evans. The whole name value and flare and overvaluation of his abilities makes sense in a non-sensical way. That is why those teams always seem stuck in their current situations. Same thing with Charlotte. You can just see Jordan lustering after him with hopes of him being more and bringing excitement to the team. I know Atlanta wants "bigger names" but that isn't likely to happen which will lead them scrounging around.

I still think it'll be better to trade Evans outright as you increase the options for him. Even if the Bobcats/Pistons sign him, since they'd have the cap already a first rounder would have lots of protections. In all those deals you are looking at a scrub along with a midranged first rounder. That's not anything for the Kings to care too much about sadly. I don't know what the trade market is for Evans, but I'm sure a shrewd GM can get a nice return. Sadly...we have Petrie so viva la midranged first rounder this offseason!

Interestingly I read that Tyreke would be happy to remain in Sacramento despite all the chaos. Is he that uncomplicated an individual or just smart enough to say the right thing. I like the guy and assuming Sacramento survives the drama I hope he remains as a key piece to build around. On a side note sounds like KJ will announce his buying group very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    Interestingly I read that Tyreke would be happy to remain in Sacramento despite all the chaos. Is he that uncomplicated an individual or just smart enough to say the right thing. I like the guy and assuming Sacramento survives the drama I hope he remains as a key piece to build around. On a side note sounds like KJ will announce his buying group very soon.
    Bit of a combination. He has quite a passive personality so I'm sure he wouldn't mind being in a no pressure situation if the money is right and he wouldn't want to alienate the Kings who would be one of his best bets to give him a max deal that he wants.

I don't want him here though. This team needs to get rid of low IQ players that are too one dimensional. Defend the post and Evans is useless. He wants to be the man despite not being good enough to be that, and he'll want more money than he is worth. Can't build around crap which is their current dilema

I think somebody will offer him around $10 million average, a 4 year, $40 million or something. Dude is still just 23.

Grant had his rant against Tyreke today. Said Tyreke's mindless charge during a fast break was the only down part of Sunday's Houston game. Said it happens at least once a game in each of his four seasons. Doesn't know how he can make the same mistake, and its like he has no idea how to read a defense. Also said, like many of us, that Tyreke has no improved his offensive game since he was a rookie. He felt that he had the chance to have a solid perimeter game early in the career, but no longer believes it and feels that Tyreke will just be what he is now. If he were on a playoff team he'd probably be the 6th-7th best player.

Pretty hard stuff from Grant who usually goes easy on Tyreke for the most part. All that stuff is true.

I think the problem with Tyreke is all mental. It's just not there. Talent wise, he's more than fine - hell - he'd be a very nice asset without ever improving a bit in terms of talent, but he's just so dense in his understanding of the game.

I look at somebody like Cousins - somebody like JT - hell, even Jimmer. They all looked silly for an amount of time - but you can see them learning, at least on the court. They have their physical limitations but they continue to get better by getting smarter and understanding the game. Reke - he just plays like he did when he was in high school.

Theres no way the Kings are in play for anyone this season. The mess with the organization has screwed any chance of us getting better this yr. Will someone throw Tyreke some money?? Yes they will! Alot of ur lower class teams will make a run at Tyreke and maybe even a contender for a cheaper price. The way Tyreke is if we pay him a high contract then he will stop playing hard cause he got wat he wanted. I see that type of player in Tyreke and thats not a good one. I mean this kid has been hurt every yr and with alot of the same issues. He milks his injuries which is a sign of bad players as well. You dont see a captain or a great allstar sitting out games and milking things. The Kings will be screwed if they give Tyreke the money he wants cause it will be very hard to move him later if they decide to. Better off trading him for anything you can get.

it's possible that Evans could benefit greatly from a good Coach
    and I'm sure if they stay the Kings will be making some moves at GM and head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Theres no way the Kings are in play for anyone this season. The mess with the organization has screwed any chance of us getting better this yr. Will someone throw Tyreke some money?? Yes they will! Alot of ur lower class teams will make a run at Tyreke and maybe even a contender for a cheaper price. The way Tyreke is if we pay him a high contract then he will stop playing hard cause he got wat he wanted. I see that type of player in Tyreke and thats not a good one. I mean this kid has been hurt every yr and with alot of the same issues. He milks his injuries which is a sign of bad players as well. You dont see a captain or a great allstar sitting out games and milking things. The Kings will be screwed if they give Tyreke the money he wants cause it will be very hard to move him later if they decide to. Better off trading him for anything you can get.
    I don't think a big contract will cause him to stop playing hard, but I think he'll take it as a testament to him being a "star" and continue with the status quo. He'd never take it to the next level. As everyone has said, its the mental aspect of the game that is the death of Tyreke. Even with a bonafide coach, Evans won't be helped. He is the type of player where you have to point out everything and be told what to do every time. Smart STILL has to tell him when to start the offense on the last plays of quarters. If you have to hold a players hand every step of the way, then that player will always be stuck. You can do far worse than have a player like Tyreke on your team, but he isn't going to be the stable to build around.

Ur not going to be able to teach him anything as he worked on his shot during the summer and still hasnt figured out to shoot the ball. Coaching isnt the answer either as I know Smart has told him how to read a defense and he still ball hogs on a 3on1 and always get a offensive foul called on him.

Playing for a contract: In 10 games following the All-Star break, No. 13 has connected on a blistering 45.2 percent from downtown, sinking a career-high four triples against Phoenix on Friday.

Have a plan, don't suck!

Its gonna suck if he leaves and its gonna suck if he stays. We will over pay for him or he will walk and we wont get nothing in value. PPl are gonna be mad we loss on a #4 pick for nothing at all. We coulda got someone for him atleast a player with Patterson skills ;)

Its gonna suck if he leaves and its gonna suck if he stays. We will over pay for him or he will walk and we wont get nothing in value. PPl are gonna be mad we loss on a #4 pick for nothing at all. We coulda got someone for him atleast a player with Patterson skills ;)
    I think if he leaves, there will be a sign-and-trade. We'll see what happens in that trade.

We could of easily traded Evans for Patterson straight up haha! Remember when the team was offered Lowry and a first rounder for Evans? I was clamoring to trade him last deadline and begging to do so during the offseason. I didn't want to be in this situation with him as I didn't believe he would grow. Even now that he is shooting the 3 better, he is still completely brain dead and useless at times. The team could of got value for a guy who is as you said...leaving or being seriously overpaid. Lose lose situation. Just another fail story in long run of failures.

Down with the Maloofs!
    Down with Petrie!
    Down with Smart!