Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Thread: Utah Jazz - Sacramento Kings Game Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    I'd say a week or so is fair - pretty sure the ducks are close to being all lined up.
    Are Burkle and Mastrov pretty much signed up already?

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    Are Burkle and Mastrov pretty much signed up already?
    According to CD, it sure sounds like it.

Heard something about a week or so ago that said KJ was hoping he'd be able to announce the whales but they decided to keep it quiet for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    According to CD, it sure sounds like it.

Heard something about a week or so ago that said KJ was hoping he'd be able to announce the whales but they decided to keep it quiet for the time being.
    Yah CD keep saying that. I will feel a lot better about this if he is announced since he met with Stern. I am sure he went there to make sure he isn't doing this just for nothing. And for some reason Stern is enamored with Burkle. Not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    It was I guess on the pre-game on channel 10
    They talked with him after the game as well. He said that they've been working hard but with a potential 1 billion dollar purchase (arena + team) it takes time to fine tune each detail. They want the proposal to cover all the bases so they can make a strong, organized appeal to the league. When asked if he'd have the details set by March 1st, he replied with "I had better" and laughed. Said he can announce the owners within the week and will be at the allstar game lobbying other owners and officials and media to let them know what is going on.

Amick said early on Burkle was conversing with various members of the Sacramento community about the attendence of Kings game and whether they felt the Kings would get back on track attendence wise. His only concern was about whether he'd be able to make some money or operate close to even after they get a new arena and so forth. Said Burkle got a lot of positive feedback and hope on the situation.