Thread: My yearly Fan Fest rant.

My yearly Fan Fest rant.

I make this rant every year. dutch_litchford agrees with it.

Why the heck is Fan Fest before pitchers and catchers even report for spring training? Who the heck is thinking about MLB now? It's so stupid.

They should have it 1-2 weeks before the regular season starts.

Just like in the NBA, teams have their fan fest during the preseason, usually 1-1.5 weeks before the regular season.

For CBB, some teams have it the night or day before their regular season starts.

The A's Fan Fest is even worse. The past two years, they've had it in January. January!!!

Don't have the time after Spring to do it, really. Only one day between the last Spring game and the season opener.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Don't have the time after Spring to do it, really. Only one day between the last Spring game and the season opener.
    But isn't there a day off somewhere during spring training? They could fly to SF from Arizona during a break in the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    But isn't there a day off somewhere during spring training? They could fly to SF from Arizona during a break in the schedule.
    They have about 40 days worth of Spring with three "days off", but during those days off, they just don't play games - they still come to the facility to practice, etc - so not really any days off.

They have about 40 days worth of Spring with three "days off", but during those days off, they just don't play games - they still come to the facility to practice, etc - so not really any days off.
    Well, it just seems like the MLB could schedule a weekend off, so every team has a chance to do their fan fest. 7 weeks away! 9 if you went to the A's fan fest.

I saw Brandon McCarthy today signing pictures of JJ Putz's legs with McCarthy's name on them because the D'Backs didn't get him his own headshot (lol), so, I'm not sure as many teams put as much into it as a team like the Giants, who tend to embrace that kind of thing.

I saw Brandon McCarthy today signing pictures of JJ Putz's legs with McCarthy's name on them because the D'Backs didn't get him his own headshot (lol), so, I'm not sure as many teams put as much into it as a team like the Giants, who tend to embrace that kind of thing.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Lol.
    Poor guy

Ouch! Can you find a pic of him from the A's fan fest last year, when you have time? How did they do it?