Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why wasn't DCKingsFan in any of the game threads from last weekend?

If the Malloofs really wanted to be dick heads and screw Sac over since were tryign to screw them over and block there sale couldnt they trade our most valueable pieces away( Tyreke,Cousins) as a big F U??

Unless the Kings majorly luck out in the draft, they better stick with Cousins IMO.

How can u stick with Cousins? He will choke a coach eventually. He is a type of player like Ron artest. He was once known as a cancer and no one wanted to touch him nor coach him. Cousins is the exact same way but probably even worse. Ron Artest beats up fans and mans up on opposing players. Cousins beats up his own teamates. Cousins already has got 1 coach fired and possibly #2 soon. He hasnt grown up and still does the same bone head mistakes. There not mistakes that can be corrected on the court its mistakes that can be fixed with GROWING UP. Maybe u see the future better than I do but I dont see him growing up anytime soon and until he does hes a time bomb and everything n everyone in his way wont succeed

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    How can u stick with Cousins? He will choke a coach eventually. He is a type of player like Ron artest. He was once known as a cancer and no one wanted to touch him nor coach him. Cousins is the exact same way but probably even worse. Ron Artest beats up fans and mans up on opposing players. Cousins beats up his own teamates. Cousins already has got 1 coach fired and possibly #2 soon. He hasnt grown up and still does the same bone head mistakes. There not mistakes that can be corrected on the court its mistakes that can be fixed with GROWING UP. Maybe u see the future better than I do but I dont see him growing up anytime soon and until he does hes a time bomb and everything n everyone in his way wont succeed
    Charles Barkley was far more of a malcontent than Cousins ever has been - he turned out kind of decent.

He's 22 - he'll get it. Artest is crazy - Cousins is overly emotional.

The chance to get a talent level, like Cousins, in the draft is VERY slim. Think of all the great players in the league - the Bryant's, the Durant's, the Duncan's - you don't sign those type of players outside of some rare exception, say like Miami did with Lebron. You bring in mid-level talent to compliment those great players. That's not to say Cousins will ever achieve that, but your chances of finding a player with the talent Cousins has is very difficult.

He's frustrating, no doubt, but unless you have a guarantee at getting a talent equal to him, which is extremely unlikely, why do you give up on it? You're getting 10 cents for your 50 bucks in a trade so why let go of him knowing you're getting little in return?

I agree with ur logic to a point. We def need to get talent back for Cousins and not fillers. Cousins has the potential to be a allstar and it should be fair to say we should get that back. I mean why couldnt we do a Rondo trade for Cousins. I know they were high on Cousins and there waas talk prior to Rondo going down. I mean the Clippers for KG are offering Jordan and Bledsoe who both id take on the Kings.

The best King we have is Isiah Thomas. Hes a leader and doesnt need a ego to make a difference. You see last nights game where he yelled at Cousins and told him wheer to be??? Did u see Tyreke freestyling on the bench to T-Rob and not focusin on the game. Then gets his number called and it shows he wasnt paying attention. The only baller we have that stays focused is Isiah Thomas smh!

The best King we have is Isiah Thomas. Hes a leader and doesnt need a ego to make a difference. You see last nights game where he yelled at Cousins and told him wheer to be??? Did u see Tyreke freestyling on the bench to T-Rob and not focusin on the game. Then gets his number called and it shows he wasnt paying attention. The only baller we have that stays focused is Isiah Thomas smh!
    Thomas is a good leader. I want him to do more on the court than score. Outside of Iverson or Damon Stoudamire, I don't think you can go far with a PG that mostly only scores, and the latter two were better at running an offense and setting up others too. (Iverson wasn't as good initially, but he grew under Larry Brown, plus those 76ers team finally added a few more decent players for him to pass to, later in his career).

I agree with ur logic to a point. We def need to get talent back for Cousins and not fillers. Cousins has the potential to be a allstar and it should be fair to say we should get that back. I mean why couldnt we do a Rondo trade for Cousins. I know they were high on Cousins and there waas talk prior to Rondo going down. I mean the Clippers for KG are offering Jordan and Bledsoe who both id take on the Kings.
    What would Rondo do for us if we traded Cousins for him? We'd have Rondo and nothing - kinda like what we have now with Cousins and nothing. Difference being, Cousins has more value being a big man and four years younger, not to mention cheaper for now which allows us to build a team with a low salary in the short term, if they choose to - something Rondo's annual $12 million would hamper.

Certainly wouldn't mind Rondo, of course, but the parts aren't there - and that's something you're going to continually find with a player with Cousins' talent, Cousins' lower value because of his problems and Cousins' current low salary.

And honestly - I don't even think they'd trade Rondo for Cousins - they'd want Cousins to pair with Rondo as a 20 something's nucleus.

As for the KG for Jordan and Bledsoe rumors, apparently, the only person interested in that is Vinny Del Negro (and the Celtics, of course) because Del Negro thinks it gives them a better chance to win immediately - and being he's in the final year of his deal and semi-lame duck if he doesn't get the Clippers deep, he's pushing for it. The rest of the Clippers front office knows what a robbery it is, long term.

Also - in regards to Thomas, I see him often get frustrated with the rest of the team and their inability to move the ball. I think he starts to try and initiate the offense since nobody else wants to. Tend to think he'd be more open to getting the offense set up if you know, the Kings actually had one. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Also - in regards to Thomas, I see him often get frustrated with the rest of the team and their inability to move the ball. I think he starts to try and initiate the offense since nobody else wants to. Tend to think he'd be more open to getting the offense set up if you know, the Kings actually had one. lol
    thumb in ass syndrome?

What is Tyreke's thought process?

Id do the Cousins trade for damn near any big name out there. Hell we can part with Tyreke too. It can land us Josh SMith,Milsap,Jefferson,Rondo,Jordan n Bledsoe. Like if they want KG for those last 2 names mentioned couldnt we add Cousins and draft pick or something to kidna help them? Wat about addign them more vets in Garcia or Salmons? Then trade Tyreke and someone. I know Rondo cant help us right of the bat cause he doesnt have shooters around him but ud have to trade Tyreke for someone cause him and Rondo together wont make crap. If u have a chance to get a allstar already proven then do so cause Cousins wont ever be a allstar.

If it was that easy, it would've been done. Nobody wants to pay equal talent for Cousins or Evans.

At that point you would have left:

PG: Thomas, Fredette
    SG: Thorton
    SF: Salmons, Outlaw
    PF: Thompson, Patterson
    C: Cousins, Hayes

It is pretty clear that the Kings can score. And I think they will continue to score more efficently as Thomas develops. I think the number #1 priority is to get an elite defensive FC player to go along with Cousins. Since Thomas AND Fredette have a negative Defensive Win share, the only way to shore up the defense is in the front court.

Okafor if he were to opt out, Howard - guess that isn't going to happen would be the top 2 to fill that void. Since it is unlikely that is going to happen, I would hope that Nerlens Noel would drop in the draft.

Josh Smith playing SF would also greatly help the defense. And that may be a possibility if the Kings were to over pay slightly. Although he may not want to come here.

I would then look at the free agent wings and ones that are defensive mided.

So, ideally - Smith, Noel and a defensive minded SG through draft or FA.

PG: Thomas, Fredette
    SG: Salmons, Thorton
    SF: Smith, Outlaw
    PF: Noel, Thompson, Patterson
    C: Cousins, Hayes

Have a plan, don't suck!

Problem for the Kings is scoring efficiently. Though it's not as bad a some teams, it's still pretty low. And the defensive efficiency, oh god.

So, Noel portion could happen.

http://www.thehoopsreport.com/draft.aspx

Have a plan, don't suck!

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Problem for the Kings is scoring efficiently. Though it's not as bad a some teams, it's still pretty low. And the defensive efficiency, oh god.
    Well, the thinking is that the scoring efficiency would rise with time for both Thomas and Cousins. And the defensive efficiency would rise if you could add Noel and Smith.

I think it would be good enough to squeek into the playoffs...

Have a plan, don't suck!

Will Noel ever be the same person?

Will Noel ever be the same person?
    Yes

Have a plan, don't suck!

Then I hope we do get him cause he was projected high.