Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thomas Robinson traded?

USAToday just reported Cousins has been traded to the Nets for Marshon Brooks and cash. Evans is also headed to the Bobcats for Gerald Henderson and cash.

Not really but we know the ultimate assfuck lies in wait.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    When Drew Gooden was the #4 pick, he was traded 3 months into his career for Mike Miller.
    Thoughts on the Houston deal?

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post

Have a plan, don't suck!

Maybe Patterson will be a positive influence on Cuz. They did play together. Patterson is shooting 51 percent for the year. Not sure if it was such a bad trade. I never saw Robinson as anything more than Haslem 2.0. Aldrich and Douglas are salary dumps. Expirings

Patterson's solid on the offensive end - he's essentially the opposite of Robinson. Iffy motor - woeful rebounder, but a good shooter and has some solid intangibles. He's probably a titch better than Robinson right now - but the ceiling isn't close. Patterson's best is a role player - not that there's anything wrong with that.

But if you're going to trade Robinson, you do it on draft night.

Just a Maloof move - they made themselves an extra $3 million tonight and middle fingered everybody on their way out. Nothing more, nothing less.

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    When was the last time a team traded a rookie lottery pick?
    [Answering my own question here]

According to Elias Sports Bureau, Robinson was the fifth top 5 draft pick in the lottery era to be traded in his rookie season. The others were Derrick Favors, Drew Gooden, Chauncey Billups and Donyell Marshall.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    I think this would be better to make if this were Robinson's 2nd year (and he was playing like he has now), rather than his 1st year.

Because there would have been more time to evaluate Robinson.

I see some potential for a decent face-up game, like David West or David Lee. Not AS caliber, but someone that could score 14 points, grab 8 boards.

Overall though, I don't know if Robinson would have been a surefire starter, someone that you'd want on a starting team for 4-6 years.

So I'm won't get that upset over it, it's the starting lineup that needs to be fixed a lot, and I'm not sure if Robinson could be that good of a starter. And I've mentioned before the high turnover of draft players in this league, Robinson could easily be one of those.

If he shows he can be that type of player, I'll be more upset then. Right now, it's just potential.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    [Answering my own question here]

According to Elias Sports Bureau, Robinson was the fifth top 5 draft pick in the lottery era to be traded in his rookie season. The others were Derrick Favors, Drew Gooden, Chauncey Billups and Donyell Marshall.
    Thanks.

My issue was the waste. You have a mini kings ransom with a top five pick (no pun intended) but you end up trading that pick in a matter of months for a role player? Dangle that on draft day and you get a good player and a pick in the upper teens.

I do agree with you completely Eze.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    My issue was the waste. You have a mini kings ransom with a top five pick (no pun intended) but you end up trading that pick in a matter of months for a role player? Dangle that on draft day and you get a good player and a pick in the upper teens.
    It's a comedy of errors with these guys
    I was not a huge T-Rob guy because he is way undersized, but you made the pick and kept it.
    Now you need to commit to T-Rob becoming a good player....period

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    It's a comedy of errors with these guys
    I was not a huge T-Rob guy because he is way undersized, but you made the pick and kept it.
    Now you need to commit to T-Rob becoming a good player....period
    Yep....and start by getting something called a coach and training staff.

Overall though....this wasn't done to be rational. The Maloofs made this for their own financial benefit. They screwed what was best for the team...what was best for the team did not factor in at all.

Geoff Petrie on dealing Thomas Robinson early in his career: "Itís not a question of giving up on Thomas."

Nope it was a question of how much money the Maloofs can get from screwing the team. Not to be overally dramatic, but I hope they die painful deaths.

Just wait til they lose the millions they have left. We all know that will be gone quickly since there bad investors. Then u will see the Maloofs crumble and have no idea wat to do with themselves. Thats when the suicide thoughts start to kick in. They are literally nickle n dimeing a NBA franchise lol. We nickle n dime for gas money they are doing it to run a franchise.

If I were a Kings fan I say good riddens of Thomas Robinson who I think even with a new change of scenery will still struggle. Simple as that. He's overrated and was over drafted that probably should of never even been a lottery pick. Rockets fans love this but I don't one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by sahib1986 View Post
    If I were a Kings fan I say good riddens of Thomas Robinson who I think even with a new change of scenery will still struggle. Simple as that. He's overrated and was over drafted that probably should of never even been a lottery pick. Rockets fans love this but I don't one bit.
    you might be right. As this draft has turned out he certainly has not justified his selection. Houston fans are already commenting how lost he looks but its early. Patterson looked pretty good today for the Kings.

Robinson had a really shitty December, but if you average out what he was doing in November and January, he was putting up 5.6/5 in 15 minutes a night on 50% shooting. Make that a more traditional 30 minutes a night and it turns into nearly 12/10.

Anthony Davis is putting up 12.5 and 7 in his near 30 minutes.

He really wasn't that bad outside of the woeful December, for a rookie.

Nah he is that bad.Theres no bball IQ with Robinson compared to Davis. Davis also has been hurt which has hurt his numbers. Also Robinsons rebounds are off his misses near the hoop. The kid plays completely out of control the way Thompson did for 3 yrs.

Also to note he only got 8 mins in the Houston game against the Bucks. 2 pts 1 rebound 3 fouls in 8 minutes. Way to go out there and do ur normal job TRob.

It was his first game, lol. You gotta have patience (like, years) with point guards and big men.

Thoughts on Salmons, seems hes playin some pretty good ball as of late. I also recon Patterson brings a maturity to this squad, his response to the trade and coming to this dysfunctional team was admirable. I also liked his contribution to last nights win. These two together may keep this team a bit more in line. Robinson is new to the league, skills are raw, and has'nt learned to reign in his emotion