Enjoy!

Check out this video on YouTube:

Sent from my iPad

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Enjoy!

Check out this video on YouTube:

[url]http://youtu.be/nimiaucd7Ww[/url

Sent from my iPad
    Yeah that was impressive but the dude looks no taller than Lin. Hopefully Cousins is enjoying this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    Yeah that was impressive but the dude looks no taller than Lin. Hopefully Cousins is enjoying this trade.
    Yeah thats why many believe he isn't a PF, but he isn't quick/athletic enough to be a SF. A tweener player who isn't good enough to be a fulltime starter. This team really needs rebounding and defense...not another scorer. Sadly we gave up the guy who was developing into what the team needs...

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    Yeah thats why many believe he isn't a PF, but he isn't quick/athletic enough to be a SF. A tweener player who isn't good enough to be a fulltime starter. This team really needs rebounding and defense...not another scorer. Sadly we gave up the guy who was developing into what the team needs...
    Robinson had pretty good rebounding rate stats, but I feel like he was better at offensive boards than defensive boards, and I think Thompson was a better rebounder as a rookie than Robinson.

Robinson also played defense like a rookie, nothing special there. I also don't think many bigs are good defenders. Most can't do what Jermaine O'Neal, Brand, Marion, or AK did. Bosh has become a good team defender, but he also plays with probably the best perimeter defense in the league.

I don't have much hopes for Robinson's defense, I think these guys end up disappointing me too much.

Favors, even as a rookie, looked better defensively (which supports his reputation and the reason why he was drafted).

I think even if they'd waited until the offseason to trade Robinson, they wouldn't have done much in terms of a player. Patterson is about as good as it gets. If you look at what players netted after two years, Beasley was traded for 2 2nd round picks (so Miami could clear more cap space). Wesley Johnson was traded for 2nd round picks. Johnny Flynn was traded for Brad Miller and a 2013-2016 lottery protected 1st round draft pick.

I do think they could have packaged Robinson with a bad contract (Hayes, Thornton, Salmons, or Outlaw, probably in that order) to clear more salary, though. I listed Salmons 3rd just because I think he can play some so I'd rather get rid of someone else. And I listed Outlaw 4th because while he sucks, clearing his salary doesn't help much, but I had to list it anyways.

I would have preferred to give Robinson another year, but if they were going to trade him, then get rid of one of the above contacts IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Robinson had pretty good rebounding rate stats, but I feel like he was better at offensive boards than defensive boards, and I think Thompson was a better rebounder as a rookie than Robinson.

Robinson also played defense like a rookie, nothing special there. I also don't think many bigs are good defenders. Most can't do what Jermaine O'Neal, Brand, Marion, or AK did. Bosh has become a good team defender, but he also plays with probably the best perimeter defense in the league.

I don't have much hopes for Robinson's defense, I think these guys end up disappointing me too much.

Favors, even as a rookie, looked better defensively (which supports his reputation and the reason why he was drafted).

I think even if they'd waited until the offseason to trade Robinson, they wouldn't have done much in terms of a player. Patterson is about as good as it gets. If you look at what players netted after two years, Beasley was traded for 2 2nd round picks (so Miami could clear more cap space). Wesley Johnson was traded for 2nd round picks. Johnny Flynn was traded for Brad Miller and a 2013-2016 lottery protected 1st round draft pick.

I do think they could have packaged Robinson with a bad contract (Hayes, Thornton, Salmons, or Outlaw, probably in that order) to clear more salary, though. I listed Salmons 3rd just because I think he can play some so I'd rather get rid of someone else. And I listed Outlaw 4th because while he sucks, clearing his salary doesn't help much, but I had to list it anyways.

I would have preferred to give Robinson another year, but if they were going to trade him, then get rid of one of the above contacts IMO.
    According to twitter and reports from groups like NBATV a lot of GMs were shocked T-Rob was even available and would of loved to try to obtain him. I don't see how they couldn't of gotten more than that at this point.

T-Rob's stock value was far more than Wesly Johnson and Flynn at the time of their trades. Both the latter two were only traded after it was determined they were complete busts. T-Rob is still midway through his first year on a miserable team that has ZERO system in place and no coaching. He also plays an important position where most teams lack anything of substance. Bigs also take longer to adjust to the league, especially in the case of T-Rob where playing time is a hit/miss commodity.

In the end though, If Patterson was really the best the Kings can get....which we of course wouldn't know since the team didn't make him available to ANY OTHER TEAM....then you don't trade him. Patterson is an all offense PF that isn't a true PF. He won't add wins...he isn't a building block for the future...he isn't even a future starter. There was no reason to do this trade.

This was all a Maloofed bs to get money. Every knows this. In the end...bad deal...stupid deal.

Damn fellas be upset at anything you want but why u writing Patterson out? The dude can ball plain n simple. Not amount any wins? Hes no saving franchise player like Melo or Kobe but hell give us some wins. How many games have we loss due to a few points? Hayes misses at the rim that couulda won us games? The sloppy plays from Trob? The lack of offense? Patterson can finish around the rim alot better than Hayes. But again who doesnt? Trob was only good for a few blocks and rebounds(most were off his misses) Patterson should open up the lane alot more and bring chemistry to our team. Maybe this will straighten Cuzz out? Patterson just scored 18pts the other night. Has trob ever scored more than 10?

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Damn fellas be upset at anything you want but why u writing Patterson out? The dude can ball plain n simple. Not amount any wins? Hes no saving franchise player like Melo or Kobe but hell give us some wins. How many games have we loss due to a few points? Hayes misses at the rim that couulda won us games? The sloppy plays from Trob? The lack of offense? Patterson can finish around the rim alot better than Hayes. But again who doesnt? Trob was only good for a few blocks and rebounds(most were off his misses) Patterson should open up the lane alot more and bring chemistry to our team. Maybe this will straighten Cuzz out? Patterson just scored 18pts the other night. Has trob ever scored more than 10?
    I actually like Patterson a lot off the bench, he is a quality stretch 4. The problem though is he is an all offense player on a team that can't pass the ball. He won't have Harden/Lin setting him up for shots. He'll have 4 other players going into hero mode, while fighting for time behind JT/Cousins/Hayes. Thats why I said he won't add wins, we have too many people around him taking time and screwing shit up so his numbers will go down. Plus the team could of and should of gotten more (albiet an impossibility as the Maloofs were after money). In the end...I like Patterson...but on this crap of a roster he won't make a difference.

Patterson is the perfect guy to add to a winning team needing that last piece.

He's also a solid guy to bring to any team, given his cost isn't a player younger, cheaper player, on a more team friendly length of deal player, higher trade value than he player and a player who wont be better than him in three years. lol

If he can help a contending team he can help a poor team. Keep in mind hes played with Cousins who had to get his in Ketucky. He also had John Wall another one who had to get his. Patterson takes smart shots and when hes open. If his numbers will be down its because we dont find him but seems most teams back off him and he makes them pay for it. He may not ever be a allstar but I think he has smart IQ something this whole team lacks

You're not looking for marginal help if you're a shitty team though - which is what he is - marginal help. I like the guy and think he's a good player. I also think Gordon Heyward is a good player as is somebody like Avery Bradley. But I wouldn't trade a top five pick for them.

You don't trade a top five pick for a role player if you're a team with intentions of improving. Had Thomas Robinson turned out to be a bust in three years and will still struggling to break 10 points a game, then you look at moving him for a talent like Patterson, a GM looking to take a chance on potential.

Instead, what the Kings did was the equivalent of somebody saying "Wait two weeks and I'll give you 10 bucks or if you can't wait, I'll give you 50 cents now instead".

GM's around the league didn't even have a chance to make an offer for the guy and according to reports this morning, the Kings drafted Robinson and didn't even want him, which is pretty obvious now.

We got a good player for a player who hasnt had a shot yet and has higher talent level but has dissapointed his name coming out of college. It doesnt bother me losing TRob where he hasnt impressed me much this season at all for even being compared to a #2 pick. Sure wait 3-4 yrs or however long it takes to have a big man develope but again well be waiting awhile. Patterson doesnt give us title hopes or playoffs but its a good piece to have instead of wat can be later. I gurantee with new owners, new GM,new arena, we can land someone good. Cousins isnt leaving by the looks of it. We have JT under contract. Tyrke will be gone. Isiah is playing ball right now and if he actually keeps this type of play up we have our PG. Patterson can even come off the bench and give us good offense. I seee things turning for the good next yr or right after.

It's not even about losing TRob (though, personally I think TRob will be a better player when all is said and done) - it's about not even offering him to anybody else and it's about drafting a player you didn't obviously want and didn't make the team better in terms of removing bad deals.

I mean - think of it this way - Kings are on the clock last July and the Rockets call up and say "hey, we'll give you Patrick Patterson, Cole Adrich and Toney Douglas for your #5 pick, Tyler Honeycutt and your large expiring deal in Garcia" - they'd have been laughed off the phone.

You lose your semi (and really, lone) valuable expiring asset in Garcia - you lose your top 5 pick - you don't trade any of your bad contracts like Travis Outlaw or John Salmons and Patterson, your key prize, is only signed one more year before he gets relatively expensive while your "rookie" (whomever that would've been, Robinson, Damian Lillard, Harrison Barnes, etc) is signed for four years at a discounted rate.

And even worse? You're probably going to be paying Jason Thompson and Patrick Patterson a combined $13 million dollars in a season. Two guys who, in all honesty, are bench players on a good team. Add in Chuck Hayes and you're paying nearly $20 million dollars for three rotation power forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    We got a good player for a player who hasnt had a shot yet and has higher talent level but has dissapointed his name coming out of college. It doesnt bother me losing TRob where he hasnt impressed me much this season at all for even being compared to a #2 pick. Sure wait 3-4 yrs or however long it takes to have a big man develope but again well be waiting awhile. Patterson doesnt give us title hopes or playoffs but its a good piece to have instead of wat can be later. I gurantee with new owners, new GM,new arena, we can land someone good. Cousins isnt leaving by the looks of it. We have JT under contract. Tyrke will be gone. Isiah is playing ball right now and if he actually keeps this type of play up we have our PG. Patterson can even come off the bench and give us good offense. I seee things turning for the good next yr or right after.
    If you don't wait for draft picks then you should trade them on draft day when they have the highest value. Or you should...you know....look at more than 1 team to see what others will offer. I'm not against trading T-Rob, but like others have said if you trade him then you better get something more than a replacement level bench player.

The way Isaiah is playing right now...even if he continues...doesn't solidify the PG spot. He is a point guard who isn't looking to create for anyone but himself. This team desperately needs a guy who can distribute, not a guy that will jack up shots left and right. He has so many games where he has 3 assists or less. Even some good scoring point guards create more than him

Even some good scoring point guards create more than him
    Isiah Thomas averaged 9.3 in his career, and had 13.9 one year.

Isiah Thomas isn't pulling the Sleep Train Whistle, but Isaiah Thomas is.

If you don't wait for draft picks then you should trade them on draft day when they have the highest value. Or you should...you know....look at more than 1 team to see what others will offer. I'm not against trading T-Rob, but like others have said if you trade him then you better get something more than a replacement level bench player.

The way Isaiah is playing right now...even if he continues...doesn't solidify the PG spot. He is a point guard who isn't looking to create for anyone but himself. This team desperately needs a guy who can distribute, not a guy that will jack up shots left and right. He has so many games where he has 3 assists or less. Even some good scoring point guards create more than him
    Have to agree. The qualities of a floor leader at point:creating for others, making the players around him more effective, and playing under control. IT does not show these qualities on a consistent basis. His lack of height, hurts him defensively. With that being said, I think IT is great! Plays with passion, fire, and is one of the smarter guys on the team. I just would rather see him come off the bench. As a side, Jimmer is just not very good. In the Atl game, it was comical. Once Jimmer is pressured he just falls apart. I don't think he will be back next year with new ownership. Smart guy, but really has a super limited game. Spot up 3 and that's it.