Thread: Sharks vs Blackhawks 2/22 Gamethread

Sharks vs Blackhawks 2/22 Gamethread

Game tied 1-1 after 2. Hawks haven't lost in regulation yet this year, time to end the streak!

Blackhawks start the 3rd with a penalty

Sharks give up a short handed goal to the Hawks. Niemi did not defend that well at all.

wow Kane slashes Wingels on the leg right in front of the ref and the ref doesn't call a penalty.

Blackhawks do get a penalty called on them there. Sharks HAVE to convert here.

Sharks pressuring the net at least

3 minutes to stop history

Timeout sharks. 1 minute to stop history

Shaw with the behind the back hit on Pavs, but no penalty.

They finally called a late penalty, but the Hawks make history. 17 straight games with a point. Sharks continue their downward spiral

Sharks: 2-27 in their last power plays. That's brutally bad

Senior Member richmondreggie108's Avatar
    I just started watching hockey this is my third sharks game and even though we lost i still felt good about us because we had so many damn chances, that emery keeper he is half keeper half amazing. Also i still cant figure out what icing exactly is?

Quote Originally Posted by richmondreggie108 View Post
    I just started watching hockey this is my third sharks game and even though we lost i still felt good about us because we had so many damn chances, that emery keeper he is half keeper half amazing. Also i still cant figure out what icing exactly is?
    Icing is basically when one team dumps the puck the length of the ice (from red line on defensive end, to offensive end). If the team that dumped the puck touches it...play continues....if the opposing team touches it then its icing and therw is a faceoff on the defensive side of the ice. The rule was put in place to keep teams from delaying the game by dumping the puck continuously, forcing the other to run it down and killing clock time. This was an annoyance way back when and killed the flow of the game. Icing won't be called against teams who are on the penalty kill though.

Senior Member richmondreggie108's Avatar
    ohhhhhhhh now it makes sense lol thanks for the info hopefully we beat the stars got it dvred so gonna watch it in the morn

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    Icing is basically when one team dumps the puck the length of the ice (from red line on defensive end, to offensive end). If the team that dumped the puck touches it...play continues....if the opposing team touches it then its icing and therw is a faceoff on the defensive side of the ice. The rule was put in place to keep teams from delaying the game by dumping the puck continuously, forcing the other to run it down and killing clock time. This was an annoyance way back when and killed the flow of the game. Icing won't be called against teams who are on the penalty kill though.
    So as a NBA example, it would be like a team grabbing a defensive board, and throwing the ball up in the air, towards the offensive basket, across halfcourt, to kill clock?

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    So as a NBA example, it would be like a team grabbing a defensive board, and throwing the ball up in the air, towards the offensive basket, across halfcourt, to kill clock?
    Yes that would be an accurate analogy in regards to icing.