Thread: Thoughts on keys to beating Miami.

Thoughts on keys to beating Miami.

There's two things that I can see.

1. Rebounding. Miami can have some games where they're bad on the boards. Unfortunately, I don't see the Kings having a good game on the glass. It takes a team effort to do it, and I just don't think it will happen.

2. Get hot from 3-point land. I usually don't like watching offense where it's just a bunch of 3's, but I don't think the Kings have any other way to do this.

I'm not going to bother mentioning defense or keeping turnovers low. They're unlikely to happen.

Oh, and don't party the night before the Miami game. Have they had anything worth partying about?

Maybe the Kings can have a player get a triple double in a win. Damn, I went to far. I should have stopped typing a paragraph ago.

cheeseburgers

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post

1. Rebounding. Miami can have some games where they're bad on the boards. Unfortunately, I don't see the Kings having a good game on the glass. It takes a team effort to do it, and I just don't think it will happen.

2. Get hot from 3-point land. I usually don't like watching offense where it's just a bunch of 3's, but I don't think the Kings have any other way to do this.

I'm not going to bother mentioning defense or keeping turnovers low. They're unlikely to happen.

Oh, and don't party the night before the Miami game. Have they had anything worth partying about?

Maybe the Kings can have a player get a triple double in a win. Damn, I went to far. I should have stopped typing a paragraph ago.
    My keys:

1. Hire ringers. Grab Chandler, Randolph, Durant, Bryant, Paul and the Kings might have a chance.

2. Hire Tanya Harding to take out Lebron/Wade/Bosh/Miller/Anthony/Cole/Chalmer's knee.

3. Do the exact opposite of what they've been doing the past 8 years.

Seriously, the only way for the Kings to win is for the Heat to play with low effort and among the worst games of the season while the Kings make a ridiculous amount of shots (especially 3s). It can happen...just not very likely. If the Heat play half way decently, the Kings can't win.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    cheeseburgers
    Is that a key for the Kings (as in they have to eat them to win) or for Miami (as in if they eat them, they'll be sluggish)?

Is that a key for the Kings (as in they have to eat them to win) or for Miami (as in if they eat them, they'll be sluggish)?
    To give them food poisoning. Got to do a better job with it than they did with the Lakers

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    To give them food poisoning. Got to do a better job with it than they did with the Lakers
    Yeah, it took me half an hour, but I finally got the joke, haha.

How about we just not show up and consider it a loss?

This season is a wash. Why doesn't Smart play Jimmer more. If he gets the PT he will improve quickly.

This is an old joke for road games at Atlanta or Miami, but:

* Jimmer Fredette will be unavailable tomorrow because of a sore groin . . . from visiting the strip club the night before.

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    This season is a wash. Why doesn't Smart play Jimmer more. If he gets the PT he will improve quickly.
    I think Smart is living under the delusion that everything is okay....next year will be better

I will be at the game tonite. will probably be over by the first half. You never know, Miami might sit Lebron and Wade the entire game. Then again, Miami wants home court thruout the playoffs.
    If Patterson gets 20-20, we have a chance. Sac is the team where he will turn into an All Star. Ala/ Harden-Gay!
    Realistically, Orlando is the only hope for a win on this roadtrip.
    Hello ping pong balls! Marcus Smart looks good as a Future King to me.

Im done with anything that has Smart in our franchise as this franchise has never done anything SMART.

yeah I would take a chanch on Marcus Smart, may be just the guy to make us forget about Lilliard.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    yeah I would take a chanch on Marcus Smart, may be just the guy to make us forget about Lilliard.
    I like what I've seen for Marcus Smart...despite having a combination name of two of my most hated Kings. He has a drive and leadership mentality about him thats made IT somewhat successful. Unlike IT, he has a good size and frame, plus he looks to create not just score. If the Kings had a 1-4 pick though, I'm not sure I would take him though.

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    Smart is trying to win ballgames thats why.....he is just failing miserably at it! I agree Jimmer needs to play. The team needs to look toward the future. I'm not sure if Jimmer is going to really evolve too much more, but we will never find out with him sitting in Kenny Thomas's old chair. Let him learn. Sadly its the same situation as with T-Rob and maybe even Patterson.

What exactly is the plan? Fredette DNP, Patterson barely played. You'd think that in a game that was close, it would be a good opportunity for Fredette to show what he can do. Whether he makes good plays or mistakes, he's not going to learn if he never gets a chance.

Even if it's something like knowing where to be on defense, wouldn't yesterday's gave have been the best chance, since the Heat were still trying hard to score, so the Kings had to be sharp on defense? It's not like the Kings were down 28, so the opponent's offense was more about using clock than making plays. This would have been in a situation where actually stopping Miami would mean something.

I agree that our younger and new players need to play. If u look at the minute line, our starters damn near played 50 minutes last night. 10 minutes for Patterson? I mean wats the point of even signing Brooks if he never plays? Why draft a lights out shooter(or was) in Jimmer and not give him minutes anymore? We cant save this season so now it should be all about gellin and finding that chemistry. They need to get a new rotation and prob even start Thorton. I think alot of GSW fans were mad at Smart too for not developing young talent and never gave them a chance to grow. Unfortently for us we will have this coach for awhile too =/ Reminds me of Obama. Smart with words but actions are not there

Kings hit 14 3's. I think my key was spot-on.

I wish Jimmer would play more as well but Smart wants to win games and does not appear to believe in the guy. Patterson better start getting some minutes as the Maloofs traded a player who also did not get good minutes thus never really knowing his potential. This organization is so dysfuntional its mind boggling. I was behind Smart at first as Cousins believed in him. Now he just seems like part of the collective mess.
    Hopefully we will know sooner than latter the fate of our team. Assuming Sacramento wins out there willl be a near complete housecleaning and we can get excited again about the possibilities.