Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cousins-Dunleavy Jr.

Cousins-Dunleavy Jr.

Ok, just saw the events.

* I think Dunleavy Jr. accidentally bumped knees with Cousins. Nothing intentional.

* I think Cousins just did a hook / swim move, as if he were defending a player. I don't think that should have a flagrant foul. It's probably 50/50 as to whether it gets called a foul, just because of all the collisions that normally happen in the post. Maybe the clip I'm watching is edited, but to me, it looks like the same sort of defensive post move which the top defenders do when guarding the post.

* Regardless of Cousins game, I'm not impressed until:

A) He can do this for 3 weeks. He's too inconsistent. Thomas, Salmons, and Thompson have had 2-3 week stretches this year where they played well. I don't think Cousins has had 3 games. And it can't just be scoring, it has to include high efficiency shot making, with few turnovers.

B) It includes defense. He's in his 3rd year now. Chandler, Brand, Rasheed were well ahead of him defensively at this point in their careers.

Favors is a better defender, but also a super foul magnet. (He fouled out against the Bobcats, while playing well).

Cousins makes the defense -1.8 points worse when he's on the court. That shouldn't happen. He's not some short underized PF, or a slow guy.

Many stats are shown on a 'per 48 minute' basis
    Stat ON Court OFF Court Net
    Minutes 1604 1103 59%
    Offense: Pts per 100 Poss. 104.8 104.6 +0.2
    Defense: Pts per 100 Poss. 113.2 111.4 +1.8
    Net Points per 100 Possessions -8.4 -6.8 -1.6

Yes, the Kings perimeter defense needs work too, with Thomas, Thornton, Fredette. But Favors is on the Jazz, 21st ranked defense, yet he still makes their defense better. Brand and Chandler did the same on their bad teams.

Players at any level don't appreciate lessor players running around like idiots and risking injuries
    What Dunleavy did was lame and I don't blame Cousins for being pissed.

It should have ended there, but Cousins is a dumbass

I'd have done the same thing as Cousins.

It was a reckless play by Dunleavy and you don't go into legs like that.

It was a poor reaction from Cousins, obviously, but I can't blame him for it. There are plenty of other dumb things he's to blame for, but that one, I can't do.

I just think a new veteran coach and a couple of vets might help Cuz mature on the court. If not, he will be traded by the next trade deadline if these antics continue.

What Dunleavy did to Cousins legs/knees could be career ending, look again it was a unecessary bullshit move.

Dunleavy was an ass who went low. The intention may not have been to injure him but things like that end careers.

I don't blame Cousins for screaming at him, confronting him. He was an idiot for the swim/elbow to the head

The hit to the head all could have been avoided though if the biggest idiot coach in the NBA sat Cousins down

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

I'm one who believed Dunleavy didn't do the knee bump with any intent. It looked like he wanted to quickly cut him off to gain position, and he was never focused on where/what he was doing. Despite the non-intent, it was still a reckless move and a stupid one. As I also stated previously...I don't mind Cousins being pissed and smack talking, but it had to end there. It should of ended before the double technical, but I could live with that. Continuing in with a blatant flagrant foul went beyond the beyond though. It only hurts Cousins and the Kings. It makes it harder to sympathize with Cousins. It makes the league come down harder on him. It hurts his trade value. He losses even more creditability when it comes to fouls when he barely has any. It makes refs even more likely to call him for any infraction. It embarrassed the hell out of him and the team. It did nothing. Even if Dunleavy did the move to be a dick, Cousins was the only one who it cost so its not like he got even or served any form of justice.

Another note I have was something a caller who sat in the front row against the Bucks said on the Napear radio show. Apparently Dalembert owned Cousins on an offensive play...the caller heckled him saying "Come on Cousins, box him out". Cousins gave him a dead eye stare before he ran down the court. On his way back when he should of been defending he gave another stare to the heckler and then grabbed his nuts.

He has had other conflicts with fans as we have seen. This is just building to a worse situation as people are tired of his antics. Fans are tired, his crappy teammates are tired, and something tells me that Grant Napear might just be a tad tired of it. I am now deep in the belief that Cousins won't want to return at all, and will feel that the organization doesn't have his back and holds them accountable. This is just a damn sucky situation to be in as the team needs Cousins in its rebuilding situation, but things just aren't working out.

I think a winning atmosphere would help him a lot. An overly emotional person in this situation is just about as bad of a scenario you can get.

He's not a guy that can run out there and continually win just 30% of the games he plays in, year after year, unlike say a...Tyreke who doesn't really seem to be all that concerned.

Cousins needs a veteran player and coach, a stable front office and a .500 record

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    I think a winning atmosphere would help him a lot. An overly emotional person in this situation is just about as bad of a scenario you can get.

He's not a guy that can run out there and continually win just 30% of the games he plays in, year after year, unlike say a...Tyreke who doesn't really seem to be all that concerned.
    I agree. The sad part is the team will still suck next year, but hopefully the team would have a real coach who can at least make the team competitive and stay in games routinely to give some hope. Barring miracle, I expect to be a 30 win team next year.

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    Cousins needs a veteran player and coach, a stable front office and a .500 record
    I think Bobby Jackson, Alex English, and Clifford Ray Robinson are a start, for the veteran coaches. And he's had trouble with at least English and Robinson.

It shouldn't have to be a current veteran player, someone like Alex English should be good enough.

Eze mentioned wanting a veteran that was also an accomplished player. Ok, English is your guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post

Winning is so temporary though. Chances are, an organization is NOT going to have a run for as long as San Antonio or Detroit did.

There will probably be 2 or 3 good years, then something bad happens. Someone suffers a career ending type injury, or someone has a lot of performance degradation (like Rashard Lewis), etc. and the team goes back to hovering around .500 with long losing streaks.

Or management feels the team has gotten stale, makes a trade, and it doesn't get better.

The Portland model more likely. 3 decent years, then something happens.

It's hard to maintain success.

And Cousins is as much responsible for the record as anyone. If he were an efficient smart cool-headed player like Chris Paul, this team would be in the mid 30s.

Surprisingly, Thompson, Salmons, Thomas have a high +/-, with Evans being around 0. And Thomas and Salmons have high +/-s. But Cousins has a negative +/-, despite being in the same lineup as those other guys.

I don't know if it's because of his bad shooting, or not being focused on defense and getting distracted by everything.

Cousins doesn't play hard.

Veteran players and coaches can't watch him 24/7. They're not his babysitter.

Someone like Kenyon Martin was volatile, and nothing changed regardless of what team he played on.

If he were an efficient smart cool-headed player like Chris Paul
    If Cousins was an efficient, smart, cool-headed player like Chris Paul, he'd be a member of Washington Wizards or Philadelphia 76ers.

Cousins is suspended for Wednesdays game against the Bulls. I dont think the league suspended him but the team has according to hoopshype.com. This isnt good as it is ALWAYS something with him. Continue on this potential thing as we are gonna end up with nothing once again.

We never thought Cousins was going to be level headed. COming out of the draft he fell to 5 because of the same problems. He hasn't improved in the maturity areas but the team has set him up to fail, which he has done

Speaking of which over the weekend may write about DeMarcus Cousins and his career, failures, hurdles and the situation the owners/front office has put him in

We have set him up for failure? Are u kidding me?? Look at wat the organization has done with this low life thug. He hit a teamate we suspend him. He got into it with a coach, we fired the coach. We have bent over for him hoping he changes his attitude and it just doesnt change. I mean yes u have to suspend him over the dumb things he does to try and show him to change his ways and it works for a game or 2 and its back to the same ol stuff. Cousins feels as if he speaks u have to listen. He gets mad when ppl dont throw him the ball when he calls for it in coverage. He grabs his balls and yells at fans. He calls ref pussy bitchs and doesnt mind getting tossed out like its something new for him. Even if Dunleavy did it on purpose or not u yelled at him and settle it later. U cant do it on the next play u idiot. Cousins has been a liability since he got here and again I say it. HE needs to be traded. I still stick by wat ive been saying way before the trade deadline. Now its only going to get worse and worse and theres gonna be no value watsoever.

Yes they set him up for failure. Will expand later

I wouldnt go that far as this organization has actually tried to work with him and make changed that some oraganizations just dont do. But they didnt set him up for failure they set the complete team up for failure. PPl like Jimmer,IT,Brooks,Trob. Ppl that have some type of skill and get used inpropperly or lack of giving minutes or just not in the right rotation. Thats setting this team up for failure. Having a defensive coach when defense isnt anyone on this team strong suit isnt the answer. He doesnt have a set roation and doesnt know how to evolve young talent. Thats wat gave him the boot in Golden Sate. Then we pick him up for a rebuilding team. Not good and that says everything about this organization. But as far as treating Cousins they bent over backwards for the thug. Fired Coachs, let him swing on his teamates, lets him curse out refs, alllows him to not play hard everygame. Organizations would just be done with someone like Cousins and says enough is enough. We can make u or break u n thats iT!! Wat do u wanna do with ur life?? 1 more mistake ull ride this bench the rest of the until we can trade u so act right or ur gone.