Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233343536373842 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: TV Shows.

Also....I think walt may die at the end but it won't be because he was in jail or someone murders him. It will be because the cancer finally caught up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    He gave Jesse two bags though right?
    Yeah, so it can vary a lot.

If he used a small duffel bag with $1.7M, then he would need 3 to get to $5M.

If he used a large one, then he can fit $5M.

Without knowing the dimensions, it's too hard to guess how much he gave Jessie.

My initial reaction when I saw that was I thought he gave Jessie $10M, with $5M being as a bonus. Or just that he needed to get rid of some of it.

That's why I wanted to calculate how much was in one bag.

But if he used a smaller bag that could fit $2.5M, for example, then he could have given him $5M total.

If he used a larger bag, it could have been $11M.

These are in ideal conditions with no space lost, and don't take into account the rubber bands, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    Also....I think walt may die at the end but it won't be because he was in jail or someone murders him. It will be because the cancer finally caught up with him.
    Yeah.

I don't think that would be a good ending though, IMO.

Maybe they can still pull it off and have it be a good good moment on the show. If they then show all the mess he's left behind. But if they don't, then just having him die won't be as good of an ending.

It's a animated video, you can play it.

https://vimeo.com/martinwoutisseth/h...876inset-72157

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    I was rewatching 'Half Measure' at a friend's house (he's watching it for the first time). I just appreciated the camerawork in this episode, more so than an average episode. This is also the episode where they have the camera at the bottom as Walt pours in the chemical into the large pot. This is also the episode where Marie jerks off Hank under his bed sheets in the hospital.

But getting back to the camerawork, if you notice the scenes where Skylar and Walt are talking (mainly in the beginning) the camera shifts from being really up-close, to far away (at the end of the driveway for example, with both cars and the house in view as well).

There's also a couple long talking scenes in this episode. The most memorable being Mike's story about when he used to be a beat cop in Philly.

Scene-for-scene, this might be the 'best' Breaking Bad episode. It gives you the best value. Great entertainment in every scene.

Of course, the ending (won't mention here) tops everything off perfectly too...and sets up the season finale.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    I was rewatching 'Half Measure' at a friend's house (he's watching it for the first time). I just appreciated the camerawork in this episode, more so than an average episode. This is also the episode where they have the camera at the bottom as Walt pours in the chemical into the large pot. This is also the episode where Marie jerks off Hank under his bed sheets in the hospital.

But getting back to the camerawork, if you notice the scenes where Skylar and Walt are talking (mainly in the beginning) the camera shifts from being really up-close, to far away (at the end of the driveway for example, with both cars and the house in view as well).

There's also a couple long talking scenes in this episode. The most memorable being Mike's story about when he used to be a beat cop in Philly.

Scene-for-scene, this might be the 'best' Breaking Bad episode. It gives you the best value. Great entertainment in every scene.

Of course, the ending (won't mention here) tops everything off perfectly too...and sets up the season finale.
    I'm going to rewatch the camerawork on this when I get a chance. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't have time to watch this yet, but:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/03/s...-be/#continued

Ok, rewatched it now.

You're right, the camera did zoom out 2-3 times during the talking scene. But why do you think? It was either close, or far away and showing the cars.

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    I don't have time to watch this yet, but:

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/10/03/s...-be/#continued
    IowaSacKing93, I just watched this. You should watch it too.

Thoughts?

BTW, you do know what Richards is referring to 7 years ago, right?

I saw "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo".

Despite being 158 minutes, it's a fast paced movie. There are so many details that I had to rewatch some sequences several times to make sure I got it. Especially when they flash screens on the computer. The stuff that is being researched on the computer is pretty important.

One of the best movies I've seen, especially in the mystery category.

Because the movie took place in Sweden, the characters spoke with an accent, and I had a hard time understanding some lines. I had to have closed captioning on.

I saw "Skyfall" last week. Good movie.

I finished "Quantum of Solace" yesterday. I didn't like it. Couldn't follow the plot. They jumped around countries too much. Too many stunts, and every stunt was extreme. It's too much.

Started watching "Dr. No". So far, it's pretty good. Bond uses his brains more in this movie, rather than physical action stunts.

I saw "For Your Eyes Only". It's ok. I think both Sean Connery and Roger Moore look weird as Bond, compared to Pierce Brosnan or Daniel Craig. Some of it is probably just the different eras, 60s fashion compared to 90s and 2000s.

But Connery's character is interesting. Moore was generic as Bond. Maybe I picked a bad one.

The plot to too many of these movies is the same. Stop some nuclear missile, or transmitter to control ballistic missiles, etc.

Also, the title of the movie was taken from a throwaway line at the end.

The stunts were nice, but I like a better plot, the character development wasn't as good.

Dr. No, in comparison, had a smarter James Bond, and the villain played a more memorable role with respect to the plot.

Latest tweet from Aaron Paul:

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8 I just finished reading the first episode of the final season of Breaking Bad and words can not express what I just experienced. Holy shit.

Latest tweet from Aaron Paul:

Aaron Paul ‏@aaronpaul_8 I just finished reading the first episode of the final season of Breaking Bad and words can not express what I just experienced. Holy shit.
    Holy shit is right, that is what I had after reading this

Cannot wait. When are we starting the Countdown thread, nuraman00? :P

Holy shit is right, that is what I had after reading this

Cannot wait. When are we starting the Countdown thread, nuraman00? :P
    Have you seen the season finale yet? I know you hadn't as of September, and you didn't post about it afterward.

The countdown could be like "43 days until IOWA Football", but with Breaking Bad.

Have you seen the season finale yet? I know you hadn't as of September, and you didn't post about it afterward.

The countdown could be like "43 days until IOWA Football", but with Breaking Bad.
    I_seent_it.jpg

When will you see it and post your thoughts on the finale?! Read through the last few pages of posts, starting from #570, when you do.

Do you mean meaning # 1 or #2?

http://www.soslang.com/term/seen%5C%...C%5C%5C%5C%27t

I didn't know you were a grammar nazi, oh well better than a soup nazi, right?

I didn't know you were a grammar nazi, oh well better than a soup nazi, right?
    I'm not.

I just found that on the internet.

So I guess you mean # 1.