Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 232728293031323334353637383943 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: TV Shows.

This week, I've watched "It's A Wonderful Life", "A Christmas Story", and "Elf" for the first time.

Now watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

(FYI, I've never seen another National Lampoon movie.)

I wonder when the last time was that I saw a Ford car prominently featured in a movie.

Niece: Christmas is almost here and I'm scared.

Clark Griswold: Nervous or excited?

Niece: Shitting bricks.

Clark Griswold: You shouldn't use that word.

Niece: Sorry, shitting rocks.

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    The AMC HD logo is backwards and on the opposite side of the screen. The video appears to be flip flopped, for whatever reason.

I see the backwards logo on several other clips throughout that video though, but the others appear normal. Maybe it is just that one clip.
    This is because it is copyrighted, and whoever uploaded it, had to flip the video to avoid getting in trouble.

It's quite common on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by graumet View Post
    Regardless if Hank has nothing on Walt, Walt does have a silverfish infested money pile and Hank is very persistent once he suspects someone.

I thought it was a great touch on the writers part to have Hank on the toilet taking a poo when he first suspects Walt - he's shitting himself.
    It's even more appropriate because it's Hank, lol.

source?

Will Skyler and Jesse team up?

I thought the Mike crisis would bring Walt and Jesse back working together, but that was before the end of the episode.
    Skyler hates Jesse, I think. And just looks at him as a low-level druggie.

Walt wants Todd's uncle to arrange for all nine of Mike's guys and for their lawyer to be killed in prison within two minutes of one another, presumably so that Hank will have no time to move any of them to protective safety. Walt is adamant it can be done.

We see a montage of the ten prison murders, all taking place within seconds of one another in different locations featuring slightly different methods.

Gomez tells Hank what has happened.

[This is from IMDB]

I had forgotten about the 'montage of prison murders'.

I know it happened early in the episode, but how realistic or reasonable is this?

Skyler brings Walter to a storage facility she's rented. In the middle of the unit is a pile of money the size of a small couch. There is so much of it Skyler has given up on finding a way to count it and couldn't possibly launder all of it through the car wash. She tells him she wants her kids back.
    ----------------------------------------

Great scene. Heisenberg has turned into a money machine.

Here are my predictions for the final 8 episodes:

Hank will be cautious when it comes to investigating/apprehending Walt. This is a family member, and a close friend too (even if they are very different people). Plus, he has to think about Skyler, Marie, and the kids.

A confrontation early in the next episode is possible, but again, it would probably be private.

I'm not sure what role Jesse will play. So many times throughout this show, he has 'withdrawn', or become depressed or whatever. But Jesse is a central character, I see him going out with a bang (whether that's him dying, ending up in prison, killing someone etc..)

I can see Jesse helping or hurting Walt. I don't know. There are many possibilities (Credit the writers for this)

Walt is lying and manipulating Skyler imo. He is making more money than ever in the Czech Republic, and it's safer too. If Lydia continues to be a legitimate business partner, which I think she will, Heisenberg's ego will cause him to keep cooking, maybe in larger quantities too.

The bottomline is: Shit is about to get real

There are many scenarios with many different characters. We just don't know how Skyler or Jesse, or Hank will act for the remainder of the season. Again, this is a credit to the writers. They have done a great job disguising the characters a bit, and showing good and bad sides. And we know there is going to be atleast a couple WTF moments, or crazy twists. I guarantee it.

Another thing on my mind: Walt's cancer has not been a topic as of late on the show. Could it return? It would be an interesting element if it did.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    source?
    https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos...34635987_n.jpg

Walt is lying and manipulating Skyler imo. He is making more money than ever in the Czech Republic, and it's safer too. If Lydia continues to be a legitimate business partner, which I think she will, Heisenberg's ego will cause him to keep cooking, maybe in larger quantities too.
    I don't know if you saw the earlier posts, but it's unrealistic for them to take drugs through an airport.

Walt may be lying, but I found this aspect of the plot unrealistic.

Do you think it was realistic for them to be able to take drugs overseas, through an airport, with potentially drug sniffing dogs, no matter how buried in those paint cans they were?

From another poster:

No. You can't mask scent with another scent from a trained dog. Especially when they're going it from the lab where they made the meth. A trained dog just doesn't care about the masking scent and is not distracted by food scents.

Starting Planes, Trains, and Automobiles now.

Dale, to Neal: Want to take a shower?

Neal: No!

Neal accidentally wipes his face with Del's underwear.

Neal: What do you think the temperature is?

Del: 1 (degree).

I saw Django Unchained, and after watching that, I saw Jackie Brown on Netflix.

I loved both films. I've never been attracted to Tarantino's films (Just hearing buzz about them, or seeing trailers, I've never been inspired to go out and watch them).

But these films are unique. Samuel L. Jackson played great characters in both

I was just wondering if anyone here has seen Django or is a fan of Tarantino? And what films specifically?

I am going to watch Reservoir Dogs, and Inglourious Basterds next.

Starting Planes, Trains, and Automobiles now.
    What's it about?

Did you like it? Did you have a favorite character?

Recommend it?

What's it about?

Did you like it? Did you have a favorite character?

Recommend it?
    Actors John Candy and Steve Martin travel from NY to Chicago to be home for Thanksgiving.

I recommend it.

It was on Netflix.

No favorite character, the two main characters just played off each other.

Out of the 5 "Holiday" movies I saw recently (It's A Wonderful Life; A Christmas Story; Elf; National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation; Planes, Trains, and Automobiles), A Christmas Story and Planes, Trains, and Automobiles were the best.

I saw Django Unchained, and after watching that, I saw Jackie Brown on Netflix.

I loved both films. I've never been attracted to Tarantino's films (Just hearing buzz about them, or seeing trailers, I've never been inspired to go out and watch them).

But these films are unique. Samuel L. Jackson played great characters in both

I was just wondering if anyone here has seen Django or is a fan of Tarantino? And what films specifically?

I am going to watch Reservoir Dogs, and Inglourious Basterds next.
    I've seen:

* Reservoir Dogs
    * Pulp Fiction
    * Kill Bill, Volumes 1 and 2.
    * Inglorious Basterds.

All of them are good. I wouldn't say I'm a big fan though. They're all interesting and above average.

Maybe I'll watch both of your movies too.