Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 252930313233343536373839404145 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: TV Shows.

Starting "Boyz N The Hood" now. Probably won't finish it tonight.

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Starting "Boyz N The Hood" now. Probably won't finish it tonight.
    Good movie.

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    Good movie.

Thoughts?
    Good movie, agree. I finished it last night, and was going to post, when my power save mode went on 1 sec before I got back to my keyboard.

Good movie, agree. I finished it last night, and was going to post, when my power save mode went on 1 sec before I got back to my keyboard.
    Damn, haha.

I recommend to you the tv show Parks and Recreation. The first 4 seasons are on Netflix

Hulu Plus had a free movie weekend last weekend, so I watched "The Seventh Seal". (It may have just been a certain genre of movies or something).

It's set during the black plague. It's a philosophical movie. A guy faces "Death" (personified as a man). He plays a game of chess with Death. (That's the metaphor).

The theme was good, but I felt it wasn't tied together that well. As in, the flow of every scene seemed unfocused. But it's considered a classic, and one of the 100 greatest movies.

Here's a clip, dubbed in English (Hulu Plus had subtitles)

Starting Pet Sematary 2. I also have "Taxi Driver" and "Easy Rider" on the DVR.

This sheriff doesn't have sensitivity.

A son saw his mother electrocuted to death, and is now living with his father.

The sheriff then tells the son, in front of the father, that he used to date the son's recently deceased mother. The sheriff also had a smug look on his face.

Hello? Talking about the son's recently deceased mother is probably a sensitive topic.

Starting Pet Sematary 2. I also have "Taxi Driver" and "Easy Rider" on the DVR.
    Skip to Taxi Driver

Watching Monk on Netflix.

I'm about halfway thru season 2.

I like it. It's one of those shows you can just watch whenever, a blend of drama/comedy/mystery.

There has been more plot in season 2 though, which I like

Watching Monk on Netflix.

I'm about halfway thru season 2.

I like it. It's one of those shows you can just watch whenever, a blend of drama/comedy/mystery.

There has been more plot in season 2 though, which I like

When I lived with my sister several years ago, she had Monk on the DVR. I haven't seen it, but seems like a good show, if a few people I know watch it.

That's cool that you've seen "Taxi Driver". You'll be able to respond to my comments, when I watch it.

Someone recommended I start watching "Louis". I saw it's on Netflix. I might do that, not sure. TV shows are a time commitment. Right now, I prefer movies, because it's just 2 hours.

I don't have to feel like I need to watch an episode (or more) every few days, to help me get in the flow of the show and not forget stuff.

I like the character development in these Pet Semetary movies. They do a good job of providing scenes to get to know what the characters are like.

Other horror movies just have some generic characters, such as a generic mass murderer (don't really have a good reason why he became one, other than that he's mentally unstable. They sometimes don't provide a story that helped make him unstable). Or some generic kid moving to a new town.

These Pet Semetary movies developed characters, by showing scenes involving fondness for their pets, as well as memorable scenes where they interacted with their neighbors.

For example, they also gave the sheriff a few good reasons as to why he was a villain in this movie.

When I lived with my sister several years ago, she had Monk on the DVR. I haven't seen it, but seems like a good show, if a few people I know watch it.

That's cool that you've seen "Taxi Driver". You'll be able to respond to my comments, when I watch it.

Someone recommended I start watching "Louis". I saw it's on Netflix. I might do that, not sure. TV shows are a time commitment. Right now, I prefer movies, because it's just 2 hours.

I don't have to feel like I need to watch an episode (or more) every few days, to help me get in the flow of the show and not forget stuff.
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm the one that told you to watch Louie on Netflix lol (I watched season 1 on Netflix)

Yeah, I saw Taxi Driver once, a long time ago. But it's one of those dark movies that can impact you by just watching it once. It's good. Let me know when/if you watch it, and post your thoughts of course.

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm the one that told you to watch Louie on Netflix lol (I watched season 1 on Netflix)

Yeah, I saw Taxi Driver once, a long time ago. But it's one of those dark movies that can impact you by just watching it once. It's good. Let me know when/if you watch it, and post your thoughts of course.
    Oh, if you told me about Louie, I forgot.

RonRay434 send me an email last week recommending it, so that's why it's on my mind.

How are you doing on Curb Your Enthusiasm? Did you ever finish Season 1? Thoughts?

Oh, if you told me about Louie, I forgot.

RonRay434 send me an email last week recommending it, so that's why it's on my mind.

How are you doing on Curb Your Enthusiasm? Did you ever finish Season 1? Thoughts?
    I have not gotten past episode 3

I have not gotten past episode 3
    Hurry up and do it. Just finish season 1. Is it on Netflix? Are you having trouble finding episodes? Can't find torrents?

Hurry up and do it. Just finish season 1. Is it on Netflix? Are you having trouble finding episodes? Can't find torrents?
    Yeah, it's not on Netflix.

Plus, since it's Hbo, it's hard to find streaming websites or places to download it. The episodes I found were hard to find, and also weren't in the best quality.

I'm sure it is a good show, but right now it's too much effort to watch it, whereas I can easily stream quailty shows like Monk on Netflix (and it has all 8 seasons, more incentive to watch)

Do you get TV Land?

They've been airing reruns for a month.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/0...dule-with.html

The timings might suck. And I think they edit some stuff out, since they air commercials and have to fit it in 30 minutes.

http://www.tvland.com/tv-schedule/curb-your-enthusiasm

They also stream 4 full episodes , which change on a rotating schedule.

http://www.tvland.com/shows/curb-you.../full-episodes

Will any of this work?

Also, if I get HBO again, maybe I'll give you my pw to HBO Go, so you can stream them online? I'll see how that works, if all it needs is an email and pw.

Do you get TV Land?

They've been airing reruns for a month.

http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2013/0...dule-with.html

The timings might suck. And I think they edit some stuff out, since they air commercials and have to fit it in 30 minutes.

http://www.tvland.com/tv-schedule/curb-your-enthusiasm

They also stream 4 full episodes , which change on a rotating schedule.

http://www.tvland.com/shows/curb-you.../full-episodes

Will any of this work?

Also, if I get HBO again, maybe I'll give you my pw to HBO Go, so you can stream them online? I'll see how that works, if all it needs is an email and pw.
    Yeah, I have TV Land.

I'm surprised that an Hbo show is being syndicated on basic cable.

What is Hbo Go exactly?

I would want to watch it in order though, how are the four episodes determined (the ones streamed on the TV Land website)?

Yeah, I have TV Land.

I'm surprised that an Hbo show is being syndicated on basic cable.

What is Hbo Go exactly?

I would want to watch it in order though, how are the four episodes determined (the ones streamed on the TV Land website)?
    TV Land is streaming currently 3x01, 3x02, 3x03, 3x05.

I'm guessing there might be some order, even though they skipped an episode.

HBO Go is their online streaming. You can access it online, or through an xbox, etc. They have full episodes to all their shows. Every season of their shows.

That's how I watched all of "The Wire" last summer.

I don't remember if it required a username and pw, or if they checked behind the scenes for my cable provider. If they don't check for the cable provider behind the scenes, it will probably work for you.

But you do need to be a current subscriber to HBO. So maybe they do check for your cable provider.

I'll try all of this out whenever I get HBO again, and let you know.