Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Salsa Of The Month & Jerky Of The Month.

October 2012 Salsas:

I haven't had either yet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I think IowaSacKing93 has a "screaming sphincter".

And I'm not talking about the salsa.

The Smoky Iguana Chipotle Salsa it one of the best salsas I've ever had. Not only does it have a chipotle flavor, but it's also a little spicy, because of the jalapenos.

Also, they finally sent me something imported. As you can see, this is from Costa Rica.

This salsa club is finally starting to be worth it.

November 2012's salsa:

* Jack Ass Salsa. It comes with its own habanero powder, that you can mix into the jar! I'm very excited to try this one.

* Cajohn's Trinidad Salsa, with Trinidad Moruca Scorpion, the world's hottest pepper.

I'm also excited for this one, because it has a pic of a scorpion.

Apparently it really is the world's hottest pepper:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinidad_Moruga_Scorpion

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    The Smoky Iguana Chipotle Salsa it one of the best salsas I've ever had. Not only does it have a chipotle flavor, but it's also a little spicy, because of the jalapenos.

Also, they finally sent me something imported. As you can see, this is from Costa Rica.

The Screaming Sphincter salsa was spicy, but not that different than a normal spicy salsa.

Time to try the Cajohn's Trinidad Salsa.

Ok, I hate saying this, but the Cajohn's Trinidad Salsa with the scorpion pepper is just too spicy.

I if I need to take a bite of ice cream to cool my mouth after every few bites of salsa (with chips), it's not fun anymore.

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    The Screaming Sphincter salsa was spicy, but not that different than a normal spicy salsa.
    Sphincter salsa?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    Sphincter salsa?

I think IowaSacKing93 has a "screaming sphincter".

And I'm not talking about the salsa.
    See above.

I am strongly considering throwing the scorpion salsa out. I'll try it again in a few days, but if it's the same thing, then goodbye.

I think the point of the trinidad peppers is to be "too spicy"

they are engineered to burn like hell

November 2012's salsa:

The JackAss salsa was ok. The habanero powder didn't do much. It was better than an average salsa, but not so good that I'd get it again. Disappointing, I was hoping for a memorable one.

The JackAss salsa was ok. The habanero powder didn't do much. It was better than an average salsa, but not so good that I'd get it again. Disappointing, I was hoping for a memorable one.
    Anytime that Tyreke drives to the hole and either commits an offensive foul or gets blocked....his move shall forever be known as the "Jackass Salsa"

"Tyreke does his infamous Jackass Salsa into 3 defenders for the offensive foul"

I signed up for a company that has a Salsa of the Month, and Jerky Of The Month.

They send you products from around the world.

I signed up for 6 months of two salsas each, and 3 months of two jerkies each. The jerkies they send you will be from a variety of meats, from what I've read. They used ostrich as an example.

I just got my first shipment. So I'll be getting two more months of two jerkies each, and 5 more months of two salsas each.

I haven't tried anything yet.

Attachment 250Attachment 251

The Old Florida Style salsa is made with something called datil peppers. I've never had them before, but they are supposed to be as spicy as habaneros or scotch bonnets.

The other salsa is by Coastal Cactus.

The left jerky is curry flavored jerkey.

The right jerky is Jerky John's Pacific Teriyaki turkey jerkey.
    The salsa on the left says it's a 'salsa and condiment'? I know that ketchup, mustard etc.. are condiments but how does that apply here? You wouldn't put salsa on a burger.

Those pictures look pretty bad in general man. The salsa on the left..you can't even see anything. All you can tell about it is that it's a dark-colored liquid. For all you know, there could be dark liquid pulp in there.

The other salsa looks alright.

The curry jerky looks like someone's corn-infested stool after they got done smearing it everywhere.

And the only thing I can tell about the pacific jerky is that it's jet black.

In general, isn't it 'safer' to try salsa than jerky. Both of these can come in a number of varieties, hence the monthly/bimonthly clubs. But curry jerky doesn't seem like something I'd enjoy. Or jerky made from ostrich or other random animals. Of course, I haven't tried these. Just trying to put myself in your shoes. IMO, it's hard to 'mess up' salsa to the point where it's bad. I can almost always enjoy a salsa, maybe not as much as the next, but never hate it.

Is this how you feel too?

Btw, I got a roasted pepper medium salsa from HyVee yesterday. It's one of their 'Hyvee Selects' brand. So I guess you could call it a splurge. According to the ingredients, the jalapenos are roasted, and the rest is just regular salsa more or less.

The curry jerky is good. Sometimes I'm afraid something with that heavy seasoning, will taste "fake". But it doesn't, it's good.
    I agree. This seems like a gimmick. Two dominant food items that don't usually go together. So yeah, I would worry about how they would recreate that curry taste, and hope that it's not too artificial. Agree wholeheartedly.

This month's stuff:

* Peppers Original Blue Crab Salsa

* Hot Sauce Harry's Peachin' Pepper Gourmet Salsa

* Jeff's Famous Orange-a-peel jerkey

* Barren Creek Sweet BBQ jerkey

The Blue Crab salsa is worth trying once, it's pretty good. But it's not so great that I'd get it again.

The orange-a-peel jerkey is good. Has a light orange flavor to it.

So far, I've had 3 salsas (2 from June, 1/2 from this month). I'm a little disappointed, in that I haven't had anything so good that I'd get it again. Nothing has been that memorable.

When I was in the bacon club, a lot of that stuff was so good and memorable, that I'd dream about it and want to get it again.

Attachment 272Attachment 273

Ok, onto the other two items I've now tried:

* Hot Sauce Harry's Peachin' Pepper Gourmet Salsa: It has a slightly peachy flavor. It's ok.

I feel like you can get as good or better salsa at a taqueria.

So overall with the salsa portion, now that I've tried 4, I'm a bit disappointed. Not one has been so good that I'd recommend this Salsa Club alone, nor even one of the individual salsas. At best, they've just been worth trying once.

* Barren Creek Sweet BBQ jerkey: Has a good BBQ flavor. Worth trying once.

So far, I feel that the jerkey is more unique than the salsa, respectively. But unfortunately, I only have one more month's shipment of jerkey, while I have 4 more months of salsa.
    What's a taquiera?

Never had peach-flavored salsa? I'm assuming it's sweet? Or maybe it could be made spicy. Anyway, don't have any interest in trying this.

Do you usually try one salsa, then one jerky? Then repeat. Or does it just depend on your mood at the time.

So out of the four salsas, would you say the Southwestern coastal cactus was the best?

Attachment 250

The Old Florida Style salsa is made with something called datil peppers. I've never had them before, but they are supposed to be as spicy as habaneros or scotch bonnets.
    I just got my shipment for August, and those idiots just sent me the Old Florida Style salsa again. I'm going to call them up tomorrow, and hopefully they can send me something different.

I quoted the post which had the picture of it from back in June.
    Maybe this one isn't sweet...maybe it's a spicy variety?

Jk, just trying to be optimistic, I know it's the same one.

August's stuff:

* Arizona Gunslinger Smokin' Hot Roasted Garlic salsa

* Old Florida Salsa Datil Pepper Sweet & Spicy Salsa (again)

Ok, finally a salsa I really like. It's the first time out of 6 (with one accidental duplicate that they sent). I liked the Arizona Gunslinger Roasted Garlic salsa.

I would get that one again.

I do like roasted garlic flavor in general, so that helps a lot.
    I wonder if that roasted garlic salsa tastes at all like my roasted (jalapeno) pepper one?

I'm glad you finally liked one and it was memorable.

Do you try these salsas with the same chips?

I just got my shipment for August, and those idiots just sent me the Old Florida Style salsa again. I'm going to call them up tomorrow, and hopefully they can send me something different.

I quoted the post which had the picture of it from back in June.
    UPDATE:

They're sending me 3 salsas in September to make it up to me.
    If all three are memorable, then that would be great! You'll have salsa overload, or salsa fever.

Sidenote: I thought you posted this 9-20-2014...instead it's two years outdated. So this thread is probably done, from your perspective.

I even commented on this a long time ago, and knew of this thread's existence in the past, and still thought it was a newer thread