Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 913141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Three for the Win Debut

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    Weren't some of those because Adam couldn't make it?

Or do you mean your guests (David Gaulman, etc.) cancelled their appearances a few times?

Are you measuring progress by ratings? If so, what have they been lately, and what are you expecting? Did they go up after the format change a few weeks ago?

A small suggestion I have is that sometimes you cram too many topics in a 30 minute show. I would say keep it at about 4, no more than 5. Sometimes you start a topic with less than 5 mins left.

Another suggestion: Bring Onyinye djokovic more often?
    Yes they have been cancellations with Adam not being able to make it. I asked him to help with show outline today and he didn't respond, so I wasn't going to bother.

David has wanted to come on like usual on Saturdays but once the phone wouldn't connect him and twice we cancelled the show

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Viewership wise

Episode 1: 59
    Episode 2: 47
    Episode 3: 76
    Episode 4: 45
    Episode 5: 35
    Episode 6: 32
    Episode 7: 51
    Episode 8: 43
    Episode 9: 28

Since then we have had nothing over 25

What are some other sports shows on Blog Talk Radio, and how are their ratings? How long have the highest rated ones been on air?

Maybe you can email a regular radio sports radio host like Grant or whoever your favorite one is, and tell them you have an online sports radio show, and are asking for tips on how to expand your listener-ship? They can probably offer some pointers even without hearing your show, from having been in the industry.

I will do that

Also Daylor is planning to call into the show in the near future

Do you know what the ratings for other shows on Blog Talk Radio are, and how long they've been on air?

I can't access the ratings. I can only see what the top shows are

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    I can't access the ratings. I can only see what the top shows are
    Are there sports shows that are "top"?

If you email or Tweet a radio host, who would you ask? Just curious.

I think I've suggested this before, but how about targeting specific message boards after you do your outline, but before you do your show, based on the topic?

For example, if you're going to talk about the Knicks, Atlanta Falcons, and Bears, go to those message boards, and tell them that not only are you going to talk about their teams, but also make sure you paste a phone number where they can call in and discuss it themselves.

Can people call in to your show?

If so, repeat the phone number, at least once at the beginning, and once at the end. It has to be often enough so people can memorize it after a few times.

LOL. I sent a tweet to one of the hosts who's show is nominated for a podcast award. He said he normally charges $150 for podcast consulting. BUT he said he can take a free quick look

Already said my first mistake was using BlogTalkRadio

LOL. I sent a tweet to one of the hosts who's show is nominated for a podcast award. He said he normally charges $150 for podcast consulting. BUT he said he can take a free quick look

Already said my first mistake was using BlogTalkRadio
    What is he using?

What doesn't he like about it? My only complaint would be that it's slow to load, can take 30-60 seconds.

He didn't say why he didn't like it. Just recommended I used a self hosted wordpress blog

He didn't say why he didn't like it. Just recommended I used a self hosted wordpress blog
    No radio? But he has a podcast, wouldn't he recommend using the same format?

To me, with blogs, there are so many out there. I might go to a few about TV shows more regularly, but for sports, unless someone else links to it and recommends it with every new article, I won't check back on my own.

What I liked about your radio format was that I could listen and do something else at the same time (but still made sure I was paying attention).

With a blog, sometimes I'm just sick of being on the internet, haha. Or, I don't want to check a particular site unless I know I have 30-60 minutes to really get involved.

He also said general sports shows don't fare well and I should focus on one area

He also said general sports shows don't fare well and I should focus on one area
    Hmm, interesting. You should probably go the NFL + CFB route then, then during the offseason, NBA + MLB.

OT but I had a dream that the NBA Finals were on yesterday, and Brandon Crawford hit a 3-pointer.

I then made a thread "Which was bigger, Crawford's 3-pointer in the NBA Finals, or his triple in the MLB Playoffs"?

Also, can you respond to this?

maybe. I like Kuip, not a Kruk fan anymore.
    Ok, after watching the broadcast, and trying to remember which one is which, I think I agree. I like Kuip more than Kruk.

What's your reasoning? What did Kruk do recently that you didn't like?

Also, I posted my parade recap with pics, can you check it out? Thanks.

Instead of only allowing Facebook comments on your Blog Talk radio site, can you put a link to an email address, or create a form that gets emailed to you in which your listeners can leave feedback?

Or just allow users to specify their handle within the comment form. I've seen some comment forms that have a box for a handle which is manually entered, and then the comment field.

I think allowing more anonymous comments than a Facebook account could get a few people to leave feedback.