Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1014151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Three for the Win Debut

I, for example, never leave comments on other blogs if I have to use my Facebook account. I just prefer to be anonymous. And you know me, I'm not one of those anonymous types that's going to leave a classless comment.

Topic suggestion for your show: Knicks ads.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...ork-knicks-ads

No show today again. Adam has some birthday party to go to. I may look into getting a new cohost

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    No show today again. Adam has some birthday party to go to. I may look into getting a new cohost
    Guest suggestions: Brian Sabean, Barry Zito, Chris Young, Buster Posey, Kevin Martin, Thomas Robinson, Damien Lillard, any NBA player or coach or GM.

So what are your thoughts on a format change? I would be disappointed if you did it, because I like your current format.

But if what that one guy said is an accurate reflection of sports radio, it might be better if you stuck to one sport while that's in season.

Also, are you going to stay on Blog Talk Radio?

What was he looking forward to doing the most at the birthday party, playing "Spin The Bottle" or "Truth Or Dare"?

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    What was he looking forward to doing the most at the birthday party, playing "Spin The Bottle" or "Truth Or Dare"?
    It was some family birthday. So I hope neither

no Adam again. Decided to do the show solo and hope for some call in guests

no Adam again. Decided to do the show solo and hope for some call in guests
    Cool. I look forward to it.

Had 3 guests.
    Did NBA and NFL
    No CFB no MLB

Had 3 guests.
    Did NBA and NFL
    No CFB no MLB
    Starting now.

I'm not even going to post on other MBs or check email while listening, because I want to make sure I'm not distracted.

"In the Superdome".

Haha, you know what I think of when I hear that place mentioned.

Not having watched Tampa Bay, I just can't pick a team to be a spoiler if I'm hoping they come up with "one big play". You just finished saying how their defense was "Swiss cheese", so IMO, odds are they'll have more Swiss Cheese plays on defense than come up with "one big stop".

Usually if you have to plead for a team to do that, they end up disappointing.

You did say that if it's a close game though, you think both QBs will be equal in crunch time.

The difference in the NFL with other leagues, is the violence and impact. The league feels that with games that could go on beyond 1 OT, the players wouldn't be safe playing it.

They could adopt the college system though. I don't like it as much, but sometimes there needs to be an end.

Wow, this guest is the first one to say he loves your show.

I just don't know if I believe sources that say Phil Jackson asked for $10M AND asked to miss some road trips.

IMO, sources from the Lakers PR could have easily just fabricated that and spread rumors, to make themselves look good.

Whenever things like this are anonymous, I just don't put too much into what rumors are.

I remember a few years ago the Pistons PR was putting out a lot of crap about Larry Brown, right before he quit to coach NY. This type of PR manipulation from any side bugs me.

As for D'Antoni, his teams weren't that good defensively because Stoudemire is soft.

How many times have you heard Charles say the following things about Stoudemire?

"Your PG can't be your toughest player". (Implying that Nash was tougher than Stoudemire).

"You know what they call power forwards who don't rebound? Small Forwards".

I also thought Nash was pesky enough on defense (while not being a good defender, but good defensive principles). Also, I've seen stats that PGs that guard Nash actually have their stats get worse, because he takes a lot out of defenders by making them run. Can't find links anymore. And PGs don't always guard Nash, sometimes SFs, sometimes SGs, etc.

Howard should make the Lakers a top 10 defense. Can't expect more than that because their wing players are old.

And yeah, Clippers have a great bench.

Jordan now has that hook shot close to the basket, like what Shawn Marion does for Dallas. Jordan now has more post moves than someone similar to him, Chandler. And Jordan can arguably has more post moves than Griffin, depending on how you interpret Griffin's game. That can vary depending on one's perspective of post moves. I hear different opinions from different people about his game.

Yeah, Stoudemire isn't a starter anymore. Not a good one.

Good show, you talked about the pertinent topics. Even got in some quietly important things, like the Clippers bench.

And it's nice to get a perspective of what's going on with the Magic. It doesn't matter if they're not good now. Just establishing the relationship with David Goulman now is important. Later on, if/when the Magic are good, your listeners will have been familiar with him for a few years. They'll know that you're not just asking him about the Magic because that they're good, but because he's articulate about the NBA and has been for years.

What happened today?

This is the last update I see (you're making me check Twitter! ):

++++++++++++++++++

Matt Johnson ‏@ThreefortheWin Who wants to be a guest on Three for the Win tomorrow

Expand