Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Smart On the Hot Seat?

Is Smart On the Hot Seat?

with 5 of 6 left at home.
    Brooklyn, lakers, Utah twice, Ind, And Minn.
    Do you think the Magoofs will fire him if they go winless in that stretch? that would be a 2-13 record.
    Probably not, their too cheap and will provably ride out the season with Smart and were on pace for a 16-66 Record.

Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    with 5 of 6 left at home.
    Brooklyn, lakers, Utah twice, Ind, And Minn.
    Do you think the Magoofs will fire him if they go winless in that stretch? that would be a 2-13 record.
    Probably not, their too cheap and will provably ride out the season with Smart and were on pace for a 16-66 Record.

Excellent!
    No they won't. They love riding dead horses. They didn't want to fire Theus and only did so when he refused to let go off his assistant coaches...namely Chuck Person. They didn't want to let go of Westphal and only relented after he pronounced Cousins the second coming of Hitler. Petrie and company just locked up Smart for two years, so until next year we are stuck with Mr. Magoo.

Wow! Even if Smart's record shows the team has seriously declined since last year. Yet, they will bring him back another season. The Magoofs really have to sell this mess. This is painful to watch.

Apparently, people at the game last night said Joe Maloof was uncontrollably upset at the game in the box. Doubt it translates to anything, but, patience has been lost across the board.

The losing is a team effort - Maloofs on down, which is about the only thing this franchise can do as a team.

You can telll that the Kings are losing there mojo for the season. We are already to much into a hole to even climb out and were only 2-8. Whens the last time Kings have won 6 straight? Thats to even get to .500 which they prob wont see all yr long. This team has no identity and the sad thing is we still dont have a set rotation of players. Cant they see consistent roatations lead to good chemistry and good teams. ( Thunder,Spurs,) I know we have had different coachs throughout the yrs but our rotation of guys have been so out of wack u would think we have some idea of who we are keeping and trying to gel together. Now we have a coach that just loves to rotate whoever he possibly can. And all yr long we have been hearign Keith Smart say he has to many players and some will play and some wont and he needs to find the right guys out there. Well how long does it take for him to find a damn rotation and try and make them stronger as a unit? Hes only add a few pieces this yr and he has no clue wat to do. Wats gonna make it any different next yr? Keith smart is an idiot and so is Petrie as well as our Owners. The organization is just turning out to be a big joke.

I miss Donte

I miss having a good team or owners that cared about wat product they have out there playing.

Countless times tonight and other games we see these players attempt to execute a play and when that play is interrupted by good defense, they are left wondering and clueless as to what to do next. This to me is a direct result of inadequate coaching.

These players/team has NOT had it ingrained into their skulls on what to do when their initial play is interrupted. These players ought to have two, three, four, or fifty(whatever) backup/different plays MEMORIZED in case their initial play is interrupted. Instead, a lot of the times the team defers to one-on-one basketball. I would just expect the coaching staff to teach, until it is second nature, these players multiple backup plays.

Too many times we have seen this team defer to one-on-one after their first play is stopped. This to me is a result of the coaching staff failing to get through to these players to teach them properly, or/and the players not fearing the consequence of scrapping an alternate play to play one-on-one basketball. Either way, it reeks of improper coaching.

Youre absolutely right. This team has no system or any clue what to do. You see most coaches call a time out, settle the team, and go over a few plays. This team calls a timeout, and you see nonstop possessions of one on one basketball. As you said...if the main play breaks they don't know what to do. The spacing is constantly terrible as well. I'm tired of the young team crap. When you've been in the league for 3-4-5 years you shouldn't be making the same braindead mental mistakes time and again.

A real coach with a real system could get a lot more out of this team despite their low BBIQ. Screw the Maloofs, and Virginia.

The collection of talent is cohesively dumb when it comes to their basketball IQ's. I mean seriously -there isn't a lone guy on this team that makes the "right" play at even a 50% clip, and that's the "smartest" of the bunch.

Evans and Cousins, very skilled players, but they just don't have any metal game. Cousins is more advanced - he has some instinctive skills, but even then it's grasping at straws.

It's a fine line between winning and losing in this league - everybody is talented, it's just about being smart and efficient - two things the Kings aren't.

I agree the coach needs to go and havent been happy with him since we got him! The coach doesnt have 0 plays in his coach book. Okay he has one and thats wat we see everytime. Can u guess the play? Pg dribbles up cort to pass it a big man Hayes/Cousins at the top and let them make a pass underneath the basket if its there if not shoot the ball make something happen. Thats all u see or its a 1on1 game. That consist of 45 mins of basketball. Thats even through a damn timeout! I want to see a PG calling out plays raising his hand up and throwing up a number. Getting something started and go from there but we dont see that. We use to see that out of Isiah until Smart got ahold of him.

Westphal hinted that they just ignored all his plays....could be more this group than the Coach

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post
    I miss Donte
    yes

Microphone Master IowaSacKing93's Avatar
    If Smart were to be removed, who would be the obvious replacement (is there one)?

How much tension is there between the Maloofs and the people/city of Sacramento. Could they pull an Art Modell and sell the team overnight, or just in a fast period of time?

not really any place for them to go right now..
    Anaheim is not an option and Seattle/Virginia are years away from a venue
    plus the East Coast is already saturated with teams
    I'm positive the Maloofs are really trying to move somewhere as we speak, they have limited options

I would love it if Stern started throwing out the "contraction" word

and yeah....the people of Sactown are done with the Maloofs
    even those of us that were supporting them to the bitter end are done

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Harry View Post

I would love it if Stern started throwing out the "contraction" word
    What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    If Smart were to be removed, who would be the obvious replacement (is there one)?

How much tension is there between the Maloofs and the people/city of Sacramento. Could they pull an Art Modell and sell the team overnight, or just in a fast period of time?
    The owners' lackluster offers to coaches limits what coaches they can attract.

They rarely give 3 year offers because they don't believe in longterm offers to coaches, they don't value them as that important.

A veteran like Westphal should not have accepted an offer that only had 2 years guaranteed. Even though there's only 30 jobs, most veteran coaches get 3 or 4 year deals. Rookie coaches usually get 3 years guaranteed too.

Spoelstra got 3 years guaranteed in 2008.

Mark Jackson got 3 years guaranteed, and he hadn't even been an assistant.

They need to first be able to give competitive offers to coaches, and then actually pursue some of the big names out there.

So I don't think it would be an obvious replacement, probably someone we weren't thinking of and someone obscure.

Maybe Bernie Bickerstaff? Lol.

How was your Thanksgiving, IowaSacKing93?

Only guys that want this job are new guys who've never coached in the NBA, guys on exile or guys that are trying to get a head coaching job to use it as a stepping stone. Somehow, the Maloofs don't see how they've sabotaged their ability to get a coach.