Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should tbe starting backcourt be Fredette and Evans?

Should tbe starting backcourt be Fredette and Evans?

I think so. Brooks and Evans have helped the Kings a little more than Thomas, but Fredette has played well enough to try and get him developed as a starting PG.

I agree with you on this one. Its worth a try. Again I dont to see games so not sure how well Brooks and Evans jell. IT seems to be the odd man out. Fredette from what I read has shown improvement this year, confidence up. With Evans ability to share PG duties and guard the oponents best shooter Fredette might just flourish at what he does best, score.

Also, once Fredette had shown himself to be a NBA player, I had wanted to see a Fredette-Evans pick and roll, since last year.

Would be a good option, IMO, and play to both players' strengths.

Look at Lowry tear it up today with brook in the starting lineup.. always somebody have season best against this team.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    Look at Lowry tear it up today with brook in the starting lineup.. always somebody have season best against this team.
    Are you looking at the box score, or did you find some way to watch the game? (League Pass, etc.)

boxscore, I know it does not tell the whole story. also happy to see Robinson making the most of his limited minutes. Hes pretty consistant. recon he will be good.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    boxscore, I know it does not tell the whole story. also happy to see Robinson making the most of his limited minutes. Hes pretty consistant. recon he will be good.
    I feel like whenever the Kings play the Raptors, some Raptor has a great game. Humphries, Lowry, Calderon, etc. It's always someone.

Fredette is a complete liability on D. I would not start him. He will get run over by most Guards. We need to trade for a real point. Fredette will be gone by the trade deadline. Their are playing him now. So instead of a Queen, We can get a King Size Sleep Train Mattress for him. Tonite is not a gauge of anything, other than 2 awful teams playing. Nothing to get excited about. Cuz had a great game against Amir Johnson and Salmons had 7 Assists. The only real shocker, Tyreke Hitting back to back threes. It must be the first time ever. On Fri, Kings will see 2 point guards in Redick and Nelson that both pass the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Fredette is a complete liability on D. I would not start him. He will get run over by most Guards. We need to trade for a real point. Fredette will be gone by the trade deadline. Their are playing him now. So instead of a Queen, We can get a King Size Sleep Train Mattress for him. Tonite is not a gauge of anything, other than 2 awful teams playing. Nothing to get excited about. Cuz had a great game against Amir Johnson and Salmons had 7 Assists. The only real shocker, Tyreke Hitting back to back threes. It must be the first time ever. On Fri, Kings will see 2 point guards in Redick and Nelson that both pass the ball well.
    What about Brooks?

Fredette has the 3rd best FG% on the team, .463.

And I know this game doesn't mean much, but it's about developing players.

Brooks isn't going to make this team much better.

So why not develop Fredette and see what he can do? I doubt he gets traded this year. It will be after his 3rd year at the earliest. He's not Douby.

I agree. It's not like were contending for a playoff spot. Once the Kings are officially out of playoff contention(Sarcasm Mode), (Actually contending for another Top 5 Pick in the 2013 NBA Draft.) after the All Star Break.. Maybe then they should give Jimmer more minutes. Petrie did not bring in Brooks to sit, so he will conitinue to start at least this first half of the season. If we see some improvement in Jimmer's D, maybe sooner. Smart really hasn't developed anyone on this team. Cuz has regressed, eventhough Reke has been playing well. It's a contract year and his trade value is starting to rise, so maybe we can acquire a half decent 3 or a Paint Monster. I would like to trade for Redick or Nelson though, They are both better than anything we have at the point.

I don't get into the contract year theory too much. Young players are supposed to get better in their 3rd or 4th year. Just because they get better, it doesn't mean he's playing selfish or will only do this once every few years or something.

I could also name dozens of players that sucked in their contract year. You can't make the ball go in the basket.

Evans is making better decisions this year. He's playing solid defense.

However, his jumper hasn't improved, and that's worrysome for the longterm growth. It's nice to see some growth, but I wish we'd see a better jumper right now.

I also understand you want to trade him. I don't think anyone is going to give up a "paint monster" for him. They're not going to trade big for small, unless that big is a headcase or is injury prone himself.

If you're worried about Evans costing too much when it's time to reup, then they can probably do a sign-and-trade. A RFA will always have an edge in getting a team the better deal. Some teams will always avoid making an offer because they think he will be matched.

IMO, just cross that bridge in the offseason.

If another team pays too much, and there is no good sign-and-trade available, then it could be like the Knicks situation where they let Lin go but used their cap space on some decent players.

But the most likely scenario, I think, is that since Evans is a RFA, most teams won't make an offer, and the ones that do, the Kings can try a sign-and-trade.

Look at someone like Mayo. He was a better player than Evans, and he just took a 1 year deal, with Dallas.

I'm not too worried about what happens with Evans, one way or another.

I'm more worried about whether Smart can have a offensive and defensive system, and whether he can develop players.

I was at the game tonight and it was ugly. We beat a team that had 4 or 5 wins. We had 15pt lead and loss it to a weak team. They would have beat us if Bargani or w/e ( C ) could have made his shots. I guess we are still in the race although very unlikely but the Lakers are 8-10. Jimmer has only been playing okay for a few games now. Im still not on the Jimmer bandwagon yet until he can make a stop on defense. He is still taking alot of bad shots and leaving his feet. Tyreke shot looked really good tonight and he looked agressive. Believe it or not he did well with Salmons playing point and him off the ball. Only reason we won this game I would say was JT with another double-double and James Johnson. Im not sure wat he finished with but he rebounded well scored well and set a tempo out there for us and thats not in a stat sheet. Our bads tonight however was our PG play. Brooks and Jimmer both got tore up from there guards. They both leave there feet on layups and do alot of dumb passes. Some get through but its veery lucky n ugly. No Pizza Guy tonight? I know theres not minutes for everyone but Thomas should be getting some play. Another win is another 10 games we keep Smart. But to end on a Good Note everyone got free chilli dogs from weinerschnitzel and 2 free tacos from jack-n-Box

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    I was at the game tonight and it was ugly. We beat a team that had 4 or 5 wins. We had 15pt lead and loss it to a weak team. They would have beat us if Bargani or w/e ( C ) could have made his shots. I guess we are still in the race although very unlikely but the Lakers are 8-10. Jimmer has only been playing okay for a few games now. Im still not on the Jimmer bandwagon yet until he can make a stop on defense. He is still taking alot of bad shots and leaving his feet. Tyreke shot looked really good tonight and he looked agressive. Believe it or not he did well with Salmons playing point and him off the ball. Only reason we won this game I would say was JT with another double-double and James Johnson. Im not sure wat he finished with but he rebounded well scored well and set a tempo out there for us and thats not in a stat sheet. Our bads tonight however was our PG play. Brooks and Jimmer both got tore up from there guards. They both leave there feet on layups and do alot of dumb passes. Some get through but its veery lucky n ugly. No Pizza Guy tonight? I know theres not minutes for everyone but Thomas should be getting some play. Another win is another 10 games we keep Smart. But to end on a Good Note everyone got free chilli dogs from weinerschnitzel and 2 free tacos from jack-n-Box
    Lol.

It's not that I think Fredette is playing so great like he's our best player or something.

I just think he's playing well enough to develop him more, and that Brooks isn't playing like he did 3 years ago when he was MIP. So might as well get Fredette developed, through the ups and downs of the season, and see what he's like.

I agree, he still takes some bad shots.

I don't think Brooks is going to make a stop on defense either though.

Your prob right bout trying to develope him more and im all for it cause that helps us get rid of him too. The thing with Jimmer is that the league knows hes weak and they attack him. As soon as anyone gets that match up they attack and attack. Atleast with Brooks he can sometimes get in ppls heads. He can play them tight and not give them space when he tries.He was playing good D at t Ive never seen Jimmer be able to stop anyone from getting around him.

Jimmer is a project for a reason. Jimmer has not shown he can start at the NBA level.
    Most point guard in the league will run him over. When he goes against good Pgs that play D, Jimmer is worthless. He's nothing more than a spot up shooter at this point. You take that away, he brings nothing else to the table.

Redick and Nelson both have the capacity to have good nite, Fri

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Redick and Nelson both have the capacity to have good nite, Fri
    Nelson isn't that good IMO.

Reddick is a good pick and roll player, he's added that since he came into the league.

I think Fredette could add that to his game, but we'll see. It's something I could see him being good at if he develops, but it's not a sure thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    Your prob right bout trying to develope him more and im all for it cause that helps us get rid of him too. The thing with Jimmer is that the league knows hes weak and they attack him. As soon as anyone gets that match up they attack and attack. Atleast with Brooks he can sometimes get in ppls heads. He can play them tight and not give them space when he tries.He was playing good D at t Ive never seen Jimmer be able to stop anyone from getting around him.
    Lowry scored most of his points against Brooks. Fredette played 12 minutes the entire game, Brooks 33.

You can check out the game flow:

http://www.popcornmachine.net/cgi-bi...05&game=TORSAC

Lowry scored 5 points and 5 assists against Brooks in the 1st.

15 points and 5 assists on Brooks in the 3rd.

And most of his 14 points in the 4th on Brooks.