Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade ideas from Bleacher Report

Trade ideas from Bleacher Report

I dont think any of these scenarios help the Kings. Gasol is broken goods, Milsap would just take minutes from Robinson...thoughts

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-shake-up-team

The idiots at Bleacher Report

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Gasol isn't broken, but the Kings don't need old players.

I would do Thornton for Millsap if Millsap was signed longterm.

wow if some of those are bogus trades. How do the Kings benefit off any of those? Gasol for Tyreke and Isiaha? No way we help the Lakers build for the future. Im all for tradign Tyreke before the deadline but not if its gonn ahelp our rivals in the same conference get a lil stronger. Im all for bringing Gasol to Sac though and would be nice with a Cousins+Gasol backcourt. Only trade worth mentioning was wat Nuramon said. Millsap for Thorton id do in a heartbeat if he can resign with us. That would help us huge! Tyreke for Ellis? There goes no defense wat so ever and if u think Tyreke was a one-on-one player wat u think Ellis is? Thats the reason him and Jennings cant work so they want to give us the same headache. the Houston trade just blows goats and I wouldnt want no one off that team.

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    wow if some of those are bogus trades. How do the Kings benefit off any of those? Gasol for Tyreke and Isiaha? No way we help the Lakers build for the future. Im all for tradign Tyreke before the deadline but not if its gonn ahelp our rivals in the same conference get a lil stronger. Im all for bringing Gasol to Sac though and would be nice with a Cousins+Gasol backcourt. Only trade worth mentioning was wat Nuramon said. Millsap for Thorton id do in a heartbeat if he can resign with us. That would help us huge! Tyreke for Ellis? There goes no defense wat so ever and if u think Tyreke was a one-on-one player wat u think Ellis is? Thats the reason him and Jennings cant work so they want to give us the same headache. the Houston trade just blows goats and I wouldnt want no one off that team.
    Haha the Kings have no rivals in the Western conference, because they suck too bad. GS is the closest as they rival the Kings for being the fourth worst team in the league.

I wouldn't do the trade though as Gasol is just a bandaid and it would take more to get him so to fit under the cap since the Kings dont have much free cap room. Gasol's contract expires next year and I wouldn't want to be paying him over $15M in his mid 30s.

I'd do Millsap for Thornton as well, even if he bolted just to get Thornton's contract off the team. Love him in big moments, but hate him and his piss poor shot selection the other 45 minutes of the game.

The Kings already rejected a Evans for Ellis deal a year ago from GS. Didn't make sense then, and it still does not. We don't need another 1 dimensional ball hog even if he is a better scorer.

The Kings could of got Evans for Lowry or 2 of their first rounders on draft day....and the proposition is Evans for Jones/Morris? Lol.

I want the Kings to make some moves. I'd love to see Thornton moved for anything that doesn't burden the team. I'd like Tyreke moved for a valuable piece. I'd like to find an actual point guard. These trades though are just stupid (outside of the Utah one) and help feed the growth of OTHER teams.

Yeah, you can't have a rival when you're the 28th best team in the league or whatever the Kings are.

That was like when the 2 win Hawks and 1 win Raptors met in 2005-2006. That game was the worst combined winning percentage with a combined 30 games in NBA history.

The Kings are competing with the Raptors and Cavs and Wizards for respectability. Those are their rivals, if you want to call it that.

When the Kings actually put up a decent team, then we can say better teams are their rivals.

+++++++++++++++

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?id=251202001

The teams brought a combined 3-27 record for a .100 winning percentage to the game -- the worst percentage in NBA history for opponents that have played at least 30 games combined, according to the Elias Sports Bureau.

Those suggestions are caca!
    I like a number of players who are being mentioned in trade talks.

Rudy Gay: Has improved his game every single year.(Could be like Harden in the right environment) I guess that leaves Sac out.

Wilson Chandler: Great versatility. Could be a 2 or 3 . Denver has so many wing players in Galinari, Iggy, Brewer, Hamilton, etc.

Anderson Varejao: Could be a leader and mentor on a a Sac team that is in desperate need of 1. I

JJ Redick: A tough hard nosed player that plays both ends of the court effectively. A certain upgrade over our current backcourt.

Nikola Pekovic: Love his game. Plays bigger in the post than his 6'11 frame suggests.Tough hard nosed and plays defense with relentlessness.

Evans for Lowry! I would have made that deal in a nanosecond. Lowry is playing like an ALL STAR. Fantastic player and does just about everything well on the court. A true floor leader. Can they revisit that trade now? Proving once again, Petrie has left the building and still resting on past laurels, like the 10 year variety. Please Leave Petrie!

i dont think our team has any rivals at this point. I was just trying to say I dont want to spoon feed the Lakers our players for theres that are falling apart. I dont want to see La build through us like we alrdy have to see them spoon fed from the league

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Evans for Lowry! I would have made that deal in a nanosecond. Lowry is playing like an ALL STAR. Fantastic player and does just about everything well on the court. A true floor leader. Can they revisit that trade now? Proving once again, Petrie has left the building and still resting on past laurels, like the 10 year variety. Please Leave Petrie!
    As I recall Houston would have been happy with a high draft pick for Lowry, could have kept Evans. That would have been strong defensive backcourt. In regards to Petrie, hes clueless, it pains me to hear him interviewed, hes lifeless.

If I combine this board with ESPN's history, we have a history of using such words on this board.

* Back in 2005-2006, after a late Feb. loss to the Lakers, someone made a thread called "The Kings are playing like pooh pooh".

dutch_litchford then said "Passion 4 pooh pooh play!"

The Kings ended up rallying to make the playoffs.

* In 2008-2009, I made a thread called "Too much pooh on the Kings team." That was, of course, an embarrassing year for the Kings, especially defensively, as they were percentage points away from having the worst defense in NBA history.

I believe cbkesq posted "+ 1 Beno. Smelly!" in that thread.

* In 2010-2011, someone bumped the "Kings release Pooh Jeter" thread from 2006, to provide news that Jeter was back with the Kings. Then of course, during the rest of the season, there was constant Pooh talk.

* And now this thread, which has "caca".

Quote Originally Posted by GoKings2010 View Post
    i dont think our team has any rivals at this point. I was just trying to say I dont want to spoon feed the Lakers our players for theres that are falling apart. I dont want to see La build through us like we alrdy have to see them spoon fed from the league
    Build through us?

If the Lakers add any players from the Kings, they'll get worse. That's how bad the Kings player are.

Send the Lakers Garcia.

Subtraction by addition.

Also, the Knicks already spoonfed from the Kings. If the Kings didn't make that deal that helped the Knicks clear cap space 3 years ago, they wouldn't have been able to rebuild like they have. The Kings took Hughes contract from the Knicks, which helped them.

Remember when Portland fans were upset that the Lakers got Steve Blake?

I knew that Steve Blake would make the Lakers worse. Because Blake sucked.

They Portland fans were worrying for nothing.

Blake has made the Lakers worse.

Subtraction by addition.

Read the comments. Getting into a back and forth with someone on there

http://bourgeoiscreme.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/D-Cousins.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PackfanMatt_12 View Post
    Read the comments. Getting into a back and forth with someone on there
    Read it.

Kings need somebody that can improve the efficiency of Cousins and Evans (along with the rest of the team).

I like a number of players who are being mentioned in trade talks.

Rudy Gay: Has improved his game every single year.(Could be like Harden in the right environment) I guess that leaves Sac out.

Wilson Chandler: Great versatility. Could be a 2 or 3 . Denver has so many wing players in Galinari, Iggy, Brewer, Hamilton, etc.

Anderson Varejao: Could be a leader and mentor on a a Sac team that is in desperate need of 1. I

JJ Redick: A tough hard nosed player that plays both ends of the court effectively. A certain upgrade over our current backcourt.

Nikola Pekovic: Love his game. Plays bigger in the post than his 6'11 frame suggests.Tough hard nosed and plays defense with relentlessness.
    I like Pekovic as well. The guy sort of appeared from nowhere but puts up nice numbers, actually better than Gortat I believe. At 6'11 290lb must be a force in the paint. Anyways unlike Gortat I have heard of no trade rumblings.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    I like Pekovic as well. The guy sort of appeared from nowhere but puts up nice numbers, actually better than Gortat I believe. At 6'11 290lb must be a force in the paint. Anyways unlike Gortat I have heard of no trade rumblings.
    Gortat blocks shots, Pekovic doesn't. But both are good players.

Gortat is a little better rebounder too.

looking at the boxscore against the Bucks, Jennings buried anything we have resembling a PG. This team has no PG and until it does any trade we make will just add to the unorganized mess Petrie and Smart put on the floor. So I agreed with why not start Jimmer with Evans as Brooks and IT wont get it done,whats there to lose? still all trades make little sense until we get a legit floor general with smarts and balls enough to run this team.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    looking at the boxscore against the Bucks, Jennings buried anything we have resembling a PG. This team has no PG and until it does any trade we make will just add to the unorganized mess Petrie and Smart put on the floor. So I agreed with why not start Jimmer with Evans as Brooks and IT wont get it done,whats there to lose? still all trades make little sense until we get a legit floor general with smarts and balls enough to run this team.
    You can't start Jimmer. His defense is worse than Brooks or Thomas. He constantly gets beat by his man. Reke will probably be dealt as the Kings are not going to offer him the 10 plus mil he's looking for. Reke probably can't wait to get out of here. Probably take less money to go to a winning organization .

Yeah, he will probably take less mony just to go to a functional organization.