Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade ideas from Bleacher Report

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    You can't start Jimmer. His defense is worse than Brooks or Thomas. He constantly gets beat by his man. Reke will probably be dealt as the Kings are not going to offer him the 10 plus mil he's looking for. Reke probably can't wait to get out of here. Probably take less money to go to a winning organization .
    The difference these days in defense between Brooks/Jimmer is almost 0. Brooks doesn't guard anyone and despite his speed he can never keep up. Partially due to the fact he doesn't pay attention. All 3 are major liabilities on defense so its a matter of who can contribute in other areas to offset their defense defects. Right now Brooks goes into hero mode too much and his offense is among the worst its ever been. Thomas has brought some energy of late, but his offense is still sketchy and he hasn't made many plays. He has been more focused on himself. So right now Jimmer can be no worse in the +/- column.

I also think Tyreke will bolt. This offseason he will get a contract and sign it without looking back. He has no reason to stay, and the Kings won't have any desire to match. Thats why I'm in favor of trading him for whatever value you can get. Sad part is in a year the team will be in the same situation with Cousins...though I'm sure they wil match any offer he gets unless he has killed someone by then. Tyreke + JT for Gortat!!! If only.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    The difference these days in defense between Brooks/Jimmer is almost 0. Brooks doesn't guard anyone and despite his speed he can never keep up. Partially due to the fact he doesn't pay attention. All 3 are major liabilities on defense so its a matter of who can contribute in other areas to offset their defense defects. Right now Brooks goes into hero mode too much and his offense is among the worst its ever been. Thomas has brought some energy of late, but his offense is still sketchy and he hasn't made many plays. He has been more focused on himself. So right now Jimmer can be no worse in the +/- column.
    I agree.

One thing that could happen is that if there's no good trades out there, maybe the Kings give Evans the designated 5th year, but do it at a lower salary than they would if they were to give him a 4 year deal. I'm not going to bother speculating with numbers, but maybe that ends up being a better contract for the Kings.

Trade the punk kid! He has bad ankles and bad knees at the age of 24-25. Sits out anytime he wants to and blames it on soreness. Id package him and anyone else on this team for real talent!

Evans doesn't have much value given his issues and lack of contract and Cousins wouldn't ever get fair value. Kings be fucked.

Ok Bleacher report trades sucked but perhaps one of these makes some sense.
    http://network.yardbarker.com/nba/ar...evans/12424306

On those trades id def do Tyreke and Thompson for Tyler,Granger,Augustin or w/e. Granger is a beast and way better than Tyreke. If that were the case though wed def have to make another trade and send Brooks,Isiah somehwere.

Granger makes Chris Webber look like Cal Ripken Jr.

How so??

Dude's knees are busted.

I'd do the Evans for Hayward trade. Hell I'd do the Bobcat trade too.

I like Granger, great player when healthy but as Eze said health will be a continual problem. Right now he is out to Feburary and keeping him beyond next year will be hard and extremely expensive. Though I'd still roll a dice, but I wouldn't trade Isaiah over getting Augustine. DJ is crap, and should be the one they try to dump. Brooks will likely be gone at season's end anyway.

I think the Utah trade sounds the most intriguing. Hayward seems like a good fit and has the size to play SF. Burks is getting little playing time but at 6'6 hes listed as a PG. I remember him showing some good promise last year as a rookie may just need a change of scenery as much as Jimmer. Some of the other scenarios throw in a true PG but not convinced any much better then what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post

I like Granger
    I don't like his game.

Kings don't need another player who doesn't rebound well and isn't a good defender. He's also not that good of a shooter. He can make the 3-pointer, but the Kings need efficient players in the paint.

Kings have to do something. Todays Denver game..2 assist in 21 mins by Brooks, another reason to bench him and let IT and Jimmer get some playing time until we get a real PG. Tyreke playes 10 min and sits with his ongoing sore knee, IT at leaste got to the foul line and scored 20 pts. JT is consistant. Petrie is fucin BRAIN DEAD. Why do we keep this stiff making decisions for this team. Tyreke will bolt, no reason not to so should trade him now for for a good piece or two. Cousins needs to see some progress or will certainly bolt the following year.

Quote Originally Posted by OZfan View Post
    Kings have to do something. Todays Denver game..2 assist in 21 mins by Brooks, another reason to bench him and let IT and Jimmer get some playing time until we get a real PG. Tyreke playes 10 min and sits with his ongoing sore knee, IT at leaste got to the foul line and scored 20 pts. JT is consistant. Petrie is fucin BRAIN DEAD. Why do we keep this stiff making decisions for this team. Tyreke will bolt, no reason not to so should trade him now for for a good piece or two. Cousins needs to see some progress or will certainly bolt the following year.
    Cousins also needs to make some progress.