Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sacramento Kings - Portland Trail Blazers Game Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    Details.
    Making a new thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSacKing93 View Post
    Details.
    I was trying to find a funny pic with pizza in it, and I came across this.

This kid looks scared of the pizza. Thoughts?

I clicked on the website that was hosting the image, and it took me to a "Toni On! New York" Facebook page.

I then did a search for "Toni On! New York".

It looks like some guy that does segments for a local NY CBS news station.

Attached Images Attached Images

Finally, Outlaw showing his All Star Abilities and Salmons earning his paycheck for once.
    Portland isn't the most athletic team around, save Lillard.
    Nice Road trip awaits. I'll predict 1-2 this week. We split the Dallas-Mavericks-Bucks
    OKC on the road. Anything is possible, but a beatdown will not be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Finally, Outlaw showing his All Star Abilities and Salmons earning his paycheck for once.
    Portland isn't the most athletic team around, save Lillard.
    Nice Road trip awaits. I'll predict 1-2 this week. We split the Dallas-Mavericks-Bucks
    OKC on the road. Anything is possible, but a beatdown will not be a surprise.
    Salmons also had 12 points, 7 assists against Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by bloatedmaniac View Post
    When Evans was at his best...the Kings were only a 20 win team. When he had his good personal performances recently, the team still lost. Coincidence?
    There were a lot of bad players on those 20 win teams.

Eugene Jeter anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by nuraman00 View Post
    There were a lot of bad players on those 20 win teams.

Eugene Jeter anyone?
    Pooh Jeter had the heart of isaiah thomas without the skill!

In truth though, as bad as those teams were, it allowed Tyreke to look better than what he was. He was the only one who really did anything and he controlled the ball every offensive possession. So there was a lot of stat padding, though to this date he looked better still as a rookie than a 4th year vet. No growth at any facet of his game so far. Now that he has better pieces to go with him it shows the lack of his game. If he dominates the ball his personal numbers can look good, but the involvement of other players goes down and the team doesn't look good most of the time. If he plays off the ball he doesn't know where he should be on the court and sucks at playing off the ball. He needs to learn to cut like Thornton does at times, and develop a midrange shot.

Pooh Jeter had the heart of isaiah thomas without the skill!

In truth though, as bad as those teams were, it allowed Tyreke to look better than what he was. He was the only one who really did anything and he controlled the ball every offensive possession. So there was a lot of stat padding, though to this date he looked better still as a rookie than a 4th year vet. No growth at any facet of his game so far. Now that he has better pieces to go with him it shows the lack of his game. If he dominates the ball his personal numbers can look good, but the involvement of other players goes down and the team doesn't look good most of the time. If he plays off the ball he doesn't know where he should be on the court and sucks at playing off the ball. He needs to learn to cut like Thornton does at times, and develop a midrange shot.
    Dude, the Kings didn't look good without Evans these past few games either. With our without him, they look bad.

Did you read post #58 (<-- click on that link for the post)?

Would you describe these offensive numbers from the team as good, in which the latter two games were without him?

.463 against Toronto.
    .405 against Orlando
    .419 against Portland.

They played passable defense and rebounded well in the first two games. That's why they won.

But it's not like the offense was clicking. It wasn't.

Turnovers were 15, 18, and 10.

And Evans has grown defensively.

Offensively, he hasn't added any new skills, IMO, but just shown better shot selection and judgement.

The difference in personnel this year means that Evans doesn't have to dominate the ball. Fredette, Brooks, and maybe Thomas can make it so that Evans still has the ball some, but not too much.

Also, the Kings have marginally better pieces. It's not like he has James Harden or Kyle Lowry. He has, um, Marcus Thornton and Aaron Brooks, who looks nothing like the MIP from 2009-2010. And his center, Cousins is having his worst year. These pieces would make a earth-shattering 2.8 win difference.

He needs to learn to cut like Thornton does at times, and develop a midrange shot.
    Thornton doesn't cut anymore. He did in 2010-2011. Since then, he's JR Swish without the accuracy. Most of his possessions, he doesn't even get within 18 feet of the basket.

If it wasn't for The Kings Best Cheerleader, Garcia. We would be down by 40.

Dude, the Kings didn't look good without Evans these past few games either. With our without him, they look bad.

Did you read post #58 (<-- click on that link for the post)?

Would you describe these offensive numbers from the team as good, in which the latter two games were without him?

.463 against Toronto.
    .405 against Orlando
    .419 against Portland.

They played passable defense and rebounded well in the first two games. That's why they won.

But it's not like the offense was clicking. It wasn't.

Turnovers were 15, 18, and 10.

And Evans has grown defensively.

Offensively, he hasn't added any new skills, IMO, but just shown better shot selection and judgement.

The difference in personnel this year means that Evans doesn't have to dominate the ball. Fredette, Brooks, and maybe Thomas can make it so that Evans still has the ball some, but not too much.

Also, the Kings have marginally better pieces. It's not like he has James Harden or Kyle Lowry. He has, um, Marcus Thornton and Aaron Brooks, who looks nothing like the MIP from 2009-2010. And his center, Cousins is having his worst year. These pieces would make a earth-shattering 2.8 win difference.
    Yep the Kings are terrible with or without Evans. My point of contention with Evans is still to this day he wants to be the man and he wants the ball in his hands. The fact is...he is an average player. On offense he is layup or nothing, and doesn't think of plays ahead of time. I think his defense is improved over the last two years in which he played no defense, but is equal to his rookie year. He looked solid on defense as a rookie, and looks good now. He still makes some bad decisions with leaving his man (but not as bad as when he defends people's backs), and doesn't hustle back on defense a lot. Still it was a pleasant sight to see him playing defense again this year. I could live with him if he could add something to the offense, and would accept that he isn't a #1.

Thornton cuts about once a game....usually on an assist from Hayes....which are among his only makes these days lol.

T-Rob, Thornton, James Johnson, Brooks, and Cousins need to start taking JT's pills for confidence because they definately lack it.

Yep the Kings are terrible with or without Evans. My point of contention with Evans is still to this day he wants to be the man and he wants the ball in his hands. The fact is...he is an average player. On offense he is layup or nothing, and doesn't think of plays ahead of time. I think his defense is improved over the last two years in which he played no defense, but is equal to his rookie year. He looked solid on defense as a rookie, and looks good now. He still makes some bad decisions with leaving his man (but not as bad as when he defends people's backs), and doesn't hustle back on defense a lot. Still it was a pleasant sight to see him playing defense again this year. I could live with him if he could add something to the offense, and would accept that he isn't a #1.

Thornton cuts about once a game....usually on an assist from Hayes....which are among his only makes these days lol.

T-Rob, Thornton, James Johnson, Brooks, and Cousins need to start taking JT's pills for confidence because they definately lack it.
    I know he said some stuff over summer, like he was confused, or didn't know how to play PG.

But once the season has started, and he got on that 5-7 game stretch of playing well, he seemed content with his role. Maybe he was frustrated that he wasn't playing as well as a few years ago.

Agree with you on the other points. Still, if the contract isn't too bad, I'd take an average player. Because most of the Kings players are below to below below average.

When Garcia is what he is now, and when we're not that far removed from Jeter, those are below below average players.

My favorite Evans defensive bad judgement call was last year during the Warriors game. On one play, he left David Lee in the post to double-team Andris Biedrins. On the next play, he left Curry to double-team Andris Biedrins.

Why the F would you even single coverage Biedrins at this point, much the less double-team? He's like the Kings version of Garcia. Someone who used to be good, but for whatever reason, has just lost it.

I know he said some stuff over summer, like he was confused, or didn't know how to play PG.

But once the season has started, and he got on that 5-7 game stretch of playing well, he seemed content with his role. Maybe he was frustrated that he wasn't playing as well as a few years ago.

Agree with you on the other points. Still, if the contract isn't too bad, I'd take an average player. Because most of the Kings players are below to below below average.

When Garcia is what he is now, and when we're not that far removed from Jeter, those are below below average players.

My favorite Evans defensive bad judgement call was last year during the Warriors game. On one play, he left David Lee in the post to double-team Andris Biedrins. On the next play, he left Curry to double-team Andris Biedrins.

Why the F would you even single coverage Biedrins at this point, much the less double-team? He's like the Kings version of Garcia. Someone who used to be good, but for whatever reason, has just lost it.
    The comment about forgetting to play defense actually came during the season before his recent spurt of playing well. He said that to Jason Jones who then posted it on his twitter lol. Tyreke also made a recent comment in talking to Grant that he felt that the offense runs better when it goes through him, and he wants the ball to be in his hands. He feels more comfortable with that. I could live with him saying that if he wasn't so one dimensional on offense, and got everyone involved so the offense would run smoothly. I think he looks at his personal statistics more than anything and viewing that as the team success whether they win, lose, or get slaughtered. He also never seemed to adjust to playing off the ball which is on him for not evolving his own game.

With all that said I agree that I would keep him with the right contract. If he signed a contract like Thornton I would sign him until the team gets better pieces. Unfortunately I see him walking into restricted free agency expecting a big payday and some team will give him what he wants. Then the Kings either let him walk or trade him for scraps. That's why I wanted him traded before the deadline, especially now that he is playing well. Too bad he tends to get a lot of these injuries each year, which makes him miss time. He isn't one to play through injuries, and looks bad unless he is 100%. A bit of Kmart in him in that regard.

That Biendris play is ungodly. Evans has had a lot of bad mistakes in coverage the last few years. I swear he gets behind guys more than Andy Dick. I do think he has improved a lot this year with his switching out, though he still has a few blips in games where he leaves shooters wide open while he runs to spontaneously defend the paint.

This team though needs to be completely rebuilt. Cousins, T-Rob, and Jimmer are the only ones I wouldn't trade for now (unless the team gets a seriously good offer, and not bandaids like Gasol). I'd be happy to just dump most of the contracts like Thornton.

Marcus (though he's been a good teammate in the public eye) looks seriously irritated with his role.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Marcus (though he's been a good teammate in the public eye) looks seriously irritated with his role.
    I don't doubt that he took it personally. Even a few nights ago during the post game interview with Grant/Jerry, he stated he still doesn't feel comfortable with his role off the bench. He definately is playing like he is mentally tuned out.