Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on stuff from the Mavs game?

Thoughts on stuff from the Mavs game?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...2892--nba.html

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...ayo-accidental

Cousins also got into a brief verbal confrontation with Dallas coach Rick Carlisle in the third quarter. After Carlisle called a timeout to stop a run by the Kings, Cousins approached him while clapping and barked something at the coach. Carlisle responded by shouting as Cousins

3. Francisco Garcia's shooting.

Hey, if you're going to get blown out, at least have one player do something. Better than scoring 72 points on 34% FG. with one player over 14 points, for example.

I haven't seen video of the first two things.

I don't care about the 2nd incident as much, but it does remind me of the Sean Elliot incident.

Grant Napear today said "I don't know why Cousins just can't play the game."

Cousins brings the stuff on himself - irritating but, if you can back it up - nobody cares. He's just not backing it up and looks like a nitwit.

Wow he really just did that. Was a low blow literally. Wat was he thinking? I understand he can argueablly be one of the best big men in the league but we cant have that attitude and keep sticking up for him. We have fired coachs due to him. He wants to pout like a baby every game and beat up teamates(Greene) go after announcers,hit opposing players in the balls. Grow up already and im talking NOW or ur ass is gone. It should be that simple! I know ppl that dont want to come here cause its the Kings, No home security, nothing but also havign players like this dont help either. Either be a pro or be a child somewhere else

It seems like there's something every week.

I wish we could get through a 5 game stretch without any controversy.

I also think he thinks of himself as a victim too much.

"Everybody's out to get me".

Hell I will take the shit that comes with Cousins.

Cousins was mentioned on Jay Leno yesterday.

http://wap.rivals.com/message2.asp?S...481466&Team=96

Monolouge: Leno said Demarcus Cousins was guilty of a double-testicle foul on OJ Mayo. Asked if that was a moving ball violation.

Quote Originally Posted by ctba View Post
    Hell I will take the shit that comes with Cousins.
    I would still take it for another 5 years.

Ok, I saw the video. In real time, it looks accidental.

But then in slow-mo, Cousins gets in one last jab at the end that looks wrong. This was from the video from the yahoo article.

There aren't very many players worth their trouble.

DeMarcus is one worth it.

He may never get it, but he's one of the few you don't give up on.

Cuz suspended for tonite's game!

HADUKKEN

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post

HADUKKEN
    Ken > Ryu.

There was a theory that Ken was stronger but Ryu was faster. I don't think there were any differences in SFII, but in future versions there were some differences.

To much is to much I dont care how good someone is. Its just like a Randolph type of deal. He wore out his welcome in Portland and got a new start somewhere else and actually grew up. Cousins isnt going to grow up here. Theres no vets taking him under his wings. Theres no big time coach here to say listen up and follow these rules, I build championships. Right now these players have as many championships and playoff experience as Coach Smart has. Cousins will continue to be immature all yr long and nothing is going to change that at all. Im almost done with the Kings and watchign all this crying bullshit!!!

He might never change until he gets out of Sacramento as it seems to take either a change of scenery or simply age for a lot of players deemed malcontents to eventually grow out of it.

Still - there were a lot of Warrior and Bullet fans that grew tired of C-Webb and that didn't exactly work out too well for them.

You'll never get anything of comparable value to Cousins by moving him, so if you take the risk - you're getting $5 bucks back for your $20 - and that's best case scenario.

Have to Agree. Cuz will only respond to Tough Love and that probably won't be with the Kings. Calipari knew how to handle him. Cuz probably doesn't respect Smart either. After next year, Cousins will be begging to get out of Sac. I think he might elevate his game with a coach that has a winning pedigree and an organization that is known for winning. He would never resign with this mess. Another Lottery year. The Motivation to stay in Sac will not be there. No hope for the team improving. Reke probably can't wait to get out. He has to be tired of the Losing Culture that will continue as long the the Magoofs, Petrie, and Smart continue to act as nothing, but figureheads for this mess.

I agree nura, he does have the "I'm a victim" mentality. Hopefully it doesn't degrade to the level of a Milton Bradley.

He is one of the few members of this team I wouldn't part with. He can be a double double machine and can be a true all-star. He needs to put his mind together. Having a coach would help, as would having a team capable of winning more than 20 games a year. Guys with maturity issues tend to have more issues on piss poor teams due to increased frustration and things not going their way. At least I can see Cousins signing a deal with another team during his restricted free agency, allowing the Kings to match if they aren't able to work an extension.

Quote Originally Posted by kingraider412 View Post
    Cuz probably doesn't respect Smart either.
    I'm not saying Smart is a good coach, but I do think Cousins respects Smart.

But that Cousins problems are his own doing, whether he respects someone else or not doesn't have much to do with it. He can't control himself right now, he just reacts to anything, and no matter what another authority figure says to him, he forgets it in the heat of the moment.

It's also embarrassing that Leno never talks about the Kings, and the one time he does it's about Cousins and Mayo.

It's not Leno's fault, but that Cousins brought unwanted attention to a different audience, by his actions.

Cousins' rep outside of Alabama, Kentucky and Sacramento is crap and always has been. He'll always have a target on his back, no matter what he does from now on. Problem is - he just keeps feeding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eze View Post
    Cousins' rep outside of Alabama, Kentucky and Sacramento is crap and always has been. He'll always have a target on his back, no matter what he does from now on. Problem is - he just keeps feeding it.
    I think so too and he acts a victim.